Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Scott,

Even though you have left Nevada, you could still write letters to the editors of the local papers.
    Haha, valid point. I could and will.

http://www.DontBetonSandoval.com/illegalimmigration

I agree that the open borders are on both sides. I went to an immigration "forum" by attorneys and open borders people (I was a spy). They HAD the votes in 2006, they were PROMISED it would pass, and they were SHOCKED when some senators and congressmen caved under public pressure.

My two senators, Chambliss and Isakson, were sponsors and helped write that legislation with McCain and Kennedy. Although they were booed loudly at a Republican meeting, Chambliss was re-elected and Isakson is running this year - will probably win - no conservative opposition to vote against him. But they are both traitors to the Republican lobby who wants an unlimited supply of slave labor. Chambliss represents the farmers, Isakson the builders. No one represents the taxapayers.

Here is some Local Reno and Las Vegas News....

NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS

Tarkanian Crosses the Line, Reaches New Low

Posted by NN&V Staff on May 10th, 2010 and filed under Headline. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry from your site

(Sue Lowden) – It is clear that the career candidates and politicians are being threatened, and they’re defending themselves by attacking me, even to the point of breaking Ronald Reagan’s 11th commandment: “Thou shalt not speak ill of another Republican.â€

More information on Brian Sandoval

Sorry I haven't been able to post here as much as I intended. Been quite busy. Election day is tomorrow!

Just saw this doozy (!) and felt I had to share:

http://www.nevadanewsbureau.com/2010/05 ... on-issues/

Sandoval’s Rhetoric Vs. Record On Immigration Issues
    By Elizabeth Crum | 6:32 pm May 20th, 2010
    Political Eye at the LVRJ today reports that Brian Sandoval is finally up with an Issues page on his campaign website. Nothing like waiting until the week before early voting starts to fully populate your website with information the electorate might need in order to make its decision.

But I digress.

What I really want to write about is Brian Sandoval’s rhetoric on immigration issues vs. his record on the federal bench. First, his stated stance, from the Immigration section of his Issues page:

Amnesty

I oppose amnesty. As a Federal Judge, I saw both sides of the immigration issue. It was my duty to sentence undocumented immigrants for their crimes, but it was also my honor to swear in new Americans and to see the smiles and pride on their faces as they completed the process of becoming a citizen.

We must be able to verify that those individuals who work in our country are here legally and are eligible for work. Businesses who knowingly hire illegal immigrants should be held accountable.

I believe that we must enforce our laws, secure our borders and respect the efforts of those who have become a citizen through the proper legal process.

The American Dream is alive and well, but it must be pursued legally.

Driver’s Licenses For Undocumented Immigrants

I oppose giving driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants. Nevada law requires proof of legal residency and a social security number to obtain a driver’s license. I support the law and oppose any changes to the law.

That’s the rhetoric. Now here’s the record:

While on the federal bench, Sandoval repeatedly waived or reduced prison sentences and doled out minimum fines to criminal illegal immigrants who were repeat offenders, at least one of them over the strong objections of federal prosecutors.

Here are some examples [including case information]:

Arnulfo Reyes-Barajas

Reyes-Barajas was indicted and arrested in January 2008 on a charge of re-entering the U.S. illegally after being deported. A sentencing memorandum in the case by U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre stated: “Suspended from school for fighting, on probation for carrying a concealed weapon, and, while on probation, shooting and injuring a person in a public parking lot, the defendant was deported after his conviction for Assault with a Deadly Weapon and service of state prison time. Thereafter, without the express consent of the Attorney General or his designated successor…defendant illegally returned to the United States.â€

Gino DiSimone's Web Site Info

http://ginoforgovernor.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=55

From Post and Mail Site...

Gino DiSimone declares health care bill “of no effectâ€

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123