Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New ALIPAC Poll: How do you feel about the LAPD's actions?

ALIPAC Activists,

Please take a few seconds to vote in our new online survey about your opinions of the LAPD's actions in McArthur Park.

Please vote only AFTER you have reviewed most of the material at this link...

May 1 illegal alien protests filled with arrests, mayhem, and radicalism!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... =1&thold=0

I've seen the videos and my opinion of LAPD actions in Mcarthur Park

The LAPD was clearly in the wrong, I favor rebuke

The LAPD did some things wrong but not that bad.

I have not made my mind up yet about LAPD actions.

The LAPD were right but we should stay out of it.

The LAPD was right and we should support them.

The LAPD should have done more earlier to disperse

Other, see my comments on the ALIPAC Boards.

Vote at
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=45
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is how I voted. After seeing all the footage and reading many of the articles, I believe the LAPD did their job, and if their own mayor doesn't support them after seeing the evidence, he should be recalled.
    They should have taken each and every person who was throwing bottles and other debris at the police into custody. No American would have gotten away with that kind of behavoir.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I've seen the videos and my opinion of LAPD actions in Mcarthur Park

The LAPD was clearly in the wrong, I favor rebuke 0 %0 %0 % 0.00% (0)
    The LAPD did some things wrong but not that bad. 2 %2 %2 % 2.94% (1)
    I have not made my mind up yet about LAPD actions. 5 %5 %5 % 5.88% (2)
    The LAPD were right but we should stay out of it. 2 %2 %2 % 2.94% (1)
    The LAPD was right and we should support them. 82 %82 %82 % 82.35% (2
    The LAPD should have done more earlier to disperse 5 %5 %5 % 5.88% (2)
    Other, see my comments on the ALIPAC Boards. 0 %0 %0 % 0.00% (0)

Total Votes: 34
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe the LAPD had no choice, when someone is throwing rocks and bottles at you and you can not leave the scene as you are on duty what other choice do you have but to protect your self.

They may have gotten a little to forceful but in the heat of the moment who am I to judge, its not like they were trying to kill anyone or they would have used real bullets instead of rubber ones.

Remember several of the officers had to go to the hospital also so there was something more going on here.

Also we are dealing with some pretty radical people who are up set at not getting their way yet, we have heard what they have in mind, if ice trys to arrest them or enforce our laws , who knows what really happen that day.

We know there are some police officers who are known to use unnecessary force but I believe the majority would not instigate a situation like this with out just cause, and I'm sure some innocent people got caught in the middle, but when you go to an event this size any thing could happen, I can tell you I would never have taken one of my children to a rallie like this! Two much anger.

I voted to support our law enforcement
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SoSad, I think they acted very well considering the odds they were up against. They executed riot control prevention very well (I thought). I have a several friends in law enforcement, and from what they've said is that LAPD did everything they are trained to do regarding procedures to prevent massive riots. My police friends state that they are taught the proactive, not reactive methods when it comes to unruly crowds and riot control, and obviously this is because the police are simply outnumbered. Especially considering after what happened because of the Rodney King incident.
    What I dont' understand is why the whole bunch of trouble makers wasn't arrested.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

April
    I voted, in this situation they were right and we should support them

I agree Sippy, and I think that probably the ones that should have been arrested were on the run already, the police were to busy to search them out. As you said at the time with that many people they had to be worried about a full fledged riot breaking out, I'm sure that was their first concern, they were out numbered.

Did you see the video of the one in NYC, them arresting the guy by the parking gargage, those officers where completely surrounded by the mob, that could have turned out really bad.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    This is how I voted!

I support them 100%! This is what happens when you allow illegal aliens to massively invade our country. They feel they don't have to assimilate to us, but feel Americans should change everything for them.
    They make DEMANDS they HAVE NO RIGHT to make!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Heres some interesting forum dialog here:
    http://la.indymedia.org/news/2007/05/19 ... php#198121
    The guy talks about the goons being present and violating his girl friend.
    Yea these are some real nice guys here folks. The LA Police put up with this daily, I do not know how they can handle them.

why are you hiding my rebuttle to stephen? is what i am saying dangerous?
    by why is indymedia hiding my rebuttle 2 stephen Wednesday, May. 02, 2007 at 2:52 PM
    pig_hate@hotmail.com why are u censoring me?

(pls just let my offer a rebuttle to stephen, let this be an open forum, not like the corporate media of censorship!!! i thought indymedia was suppose to be different? why hide my posts?)

Hello, Stephen. Please remember that we are in the same team. I too hate the cops. But having seen these gangsters in action, I am now convince that something needs to be done about them. But that is not my fight, my fight is for equality, no to free-trade, free immigration, and to fight global warming.

I didn't say the gangsters of different gangs were 'hanging' out with each other, just that I saw them through out the park and they were throwing bottles and batteries, also a plastic bottle filled w/ urine.

As far as cops reaction to this. I can't really comment on that since I don't know how they are suppose to act. If you had a 3 yr old throw a tantrum and throw urine or feces at you, wouldn't you take action? Just a thought. But I do agree w/ you they acted very heavy handedly. Remember I too hate cops and I believe they work for the Man, but those gangsters were just too crazy.

Yes, they are supposed to act to protect and serve the public, but what are you supposed to do when those gangsters act up? My girlfriend was fondled by these gangsters calling her 'chinita bonita' and what not. I respect that you want to put blame on the cops, I do too. But everyone on here seem to be turning a blind eye on the fact that gangsters were there and they threw bottles provoking these cops, so I also put the blame on them.

Of course there were other options the cops could have taken. They should've just left the area. But, what if they grabbed my girlfriend and began raping her or robbing me? Like I said before, when they were fondling my girlfriend we wanted to go and report it, but decided not to. But we had the option.

I know my account varies, I've read other posts as well. I too got hit w/ a rubber puck. My behind hurts like hell right now and I'm thinking about suing the LAPD but don't know how (if there are any lawyers here, feel free to give me some advice on this matter).

I just want to make clear that besides the LAPD being heavy handed, there were also gangsters provoking. That story needs to be told too. If we all agreed and came up with the same conclusions and assumptions then this stops being an open forum and the whole idea of censorship creeps in. Can you see the irony of this? We need to share our stories, and respect each other's points of view.

Let's all tell our stories w/out fear of censorship. Please keep an open mind. To the Revolution!!! @
    http://la.indymedia.org/news/2007/0...ment.php#198121
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I agree Sippy, and I think that probably the ones that should have been arrested were on the run already, the police were to busy to search them out. As you said at the time with that many people they had to be worried about a full fledged riot breaking out, I'm sure that was their first concern, they were out numbered.

Did you see the video of the one in NYC, them arresting the guy by the parking gargage, those officers where completely surrounded by the mob, that could have turned out really bad.
    I did see that one, and the one about someone starting fires as well. Considering what could have happened, I thought they did a good job. I couldn't even imagine how imtimidating that must feel to be in midst of thousands of goons who would just as soon spit on you then anything else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast