Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LA is famous for goons setting fires and rioting. In 1992 riots estimates of the number of lives lost during the unrest vary between 50 and 60, with as many as 2,000 persons injured. Estimates of the material damage done vary between about $800 million and $1 billion. Approximately 3,600 fires were set, destroying 1,100 buildings, with fire calls coming once every minute at some points. About 10,000 people were arrested. Heres the most vicious attack that happened in 1992. Fidel Lopez, a self-employed construction worker and Guatemalan immigrant, was ripped from his truck and robbed of nearly $2,000. A rioter smashed his forehead open with a car stereo as another rioter attempted to slice his ear off. After Lopez blacked out, the crowd spray painted his chest, torso and genitals black. Lopez survived the attack (after extensive surgery to reattach his partially severed ear) and months of recovery.
    Yea LA cops have a real tough job here folks this place they call the Angel can be a very bad place to be, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    We call things racism just to get attention.We reduce complicated problems to racism,not because it is racism, but because it works
    AlfredoGutierrez

How well I know SD thats why I left almost 27 years ago and never looked back or regretted it!

And Sippy I completely agree with your last statement!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I've seen alot of video's and the LAPD was clearly in the right on this one. What were they supposed to do, just sit by and let the Illegal's throw things at them and ignore it. The Illegal's were just looking for a reason to start trouble and then when they did they cry Abuse of Power. And of course because the Mayor is a card carrying member of LaRaza and MeCHa, the cops are going to have hell to pay. He will protect the Illegal's before he'll ever stand up for the LAPD.

When the police tell you to leave, and you stand there that is clearly an act of defiance.

The police can not back down or allow citizens to defy law and order.

When people started throwing objects that is when the "peaceful" assembly came to a screeching halt. The police can not walk away from that kind of incident, otherwise it will grow and fester into a riot.

It's like that first bunch in a bar room brawl. That's all it takes to cause complete upheaval and that's exactly why it was immediately squelched by the police.

If the police had done nothing, then everyone would be screaming today about their burning cars and yelling why aren’t the police doing anything.

It’s just short sighted to believe that they police were wrong. But hay, if you like living in a lawless country, there is one south of here that is lacking some citizens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've seen the videos and my opinion of LAPD actions in Mcarthur Park

The LAPD was clearly in the wrong, I favor rebuke 1.70% 8-votes
    The LAPD did some things wrong but not that bad. 3.83% 18-votes
    I have not made my mind up yet about LAPD actions. 2.34% (11)
    The LAPD were right but we should stay out of it. 1.91% (9)
    The LAPD was right and we should support them. 71.49% (336)
    The LAPD should have done more earlier to disperse 16.81% (79)
    Other, see my comments on the ALIPAC Boards. 1.91% (9)

Total Votes: 470
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just the first results are coming in, but so far...

over 88% say the LAPD should have done more and / or we should support the LAPD.

W

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I too agree, we need to support them all the way. I spoke with my brother (trained with county sheriffs and a city department) and he said he saw the news and felt they had no other choice given the circumstances.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't have enough information yet.

I really haven't seen what happened to the officers, but I sure don't believe there were "outside agitators."

I don't believe they should have let the people gather in the first place if they didn't want crowds there.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I have seen the videos and I do believe the LAPD was right and we should support them. They were greatly outnumbered at the march and did give fair warning to all to vacate the area. Those that did not including news reporters were forcibly removed. Their response and tactical moves were based on what occurred last year at the May Day March. Those that decry police force are the ones that defy orders to leave the area.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've seen the videos and my opinion of LAPD actions in Mcarthur Park

The LAPD was clearly in the wrong, I favor rebuke 1.46% (11)
    The LAPD did some things wrong but not that bad. 4.39% (33)
    I have not made my mind up yet about LAPD actions. 2.13% (16)
    The LAPD were right but we should stay out of it. 1.99% (15)
    The LAPD was right and we should support them. 73.54% (553)
    The LAPD should have done more earlier to disperse 14.89% (112)
    Other, see my comments on the ALIPAC Boards. 1.60% (12)

Total Votes: 752

88.43% are in full support mode.

We clearly have a consensus as an organization to launch more formal support for the LAPD.

W

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast