Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Alipac'er

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PatrioticMe

Welcome!

You have access to all the articles and stats at your fingertips right here. If you want to email or fax articles to news outlets to stir up support or get the word out on whats happening in that town, go to http://www3.capwiz.com/y/dbq/media/ type in a zipcode and select what you want to do. It will give you all media and news outlets available who have either a fax or email and allow you to paste what you want in the text box. This is a pretty nifty free tool to let other media sources know what's going on when certain people black out certain subjects as well as a way to voice your oppinion on any issue. Competition between media sources can be your friend

Good luck and NEVER GIVE UP but take a break once in a while to save your sanity.

Also, don't put too much effort in "proving" them wrong. Let the fact speak for itself or they will shut you out completely. Hand out copies of verifiable stats and facts at the door before the town hall meeting starts, it gives them something to read and ponder while waiting for the show to start. The time to prove them wrong is after they have dug a deep enough hole, then you respectfully bury them with the truth.
    Have you ever stopped to think, and forget to start again?

April
    Welcome PatrioticMe! Glad you are here!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We have lots of experienced activists here that are from or have been involved in places like Hazelton, PA and Farmers Branch, TX as well as Waukegan and Carpenterville, IL.

I will try to clear my work schedule and post some recommendations for you as well and we may be able to send a letter from ALIPAC to these lawmakers.

W
    I'd be more then happy to share with you what happened in my town. At one point national attention was on our town because of the heated discussion and eventual vote for 287g -it passed. Several months after that our local sheriff, whose jail is in Wkgn. also applied for 287g. He's gotten the hook-up, the computer equipment -but is still waiting to hear if he will get the training. The sheriff recently announced that 21% of his jail population are illegal aliens and half of our county murders in the past year were committed by illegal aliens...

It was an amazing time in Wkgn which I will never forget. William was in town, Ted Hayes, thousands of OBL activist. I sat feet away from Emma Lozano as she made demand after demand to our city council.

It's a hard journey but persevere! Do a search for my town here and see some past news. Might give you some ideas. And here's some photos. I'll be in touch.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just want to take another minute and thank everyone on here for the very nice welcome, all the offers of help and all the suggestions. People have PM'd me already with some great ideas and links...and I haven't been with you 12 hours yet. That is wonderful of you all.

Tomorrow's a new day and I'll be working on some of these ideas. I'm sure I'll be back, asking for direction and ideas. I will probably go down in flames in Oberlin, but as my Auntie says, "I'll be found tryin'!"

I'll just work on my hometown next and do my best to hold them at Oberlin and let Oberlin implode on itself!

PatrioticMe

The next time your local paper does an article on this mess and has a comment section, post the link and I for one will give them an ear full.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl
    PatrioticMe

The next time your local paper does an article on this mess and has a comment section, post the link and I for one will give them an ear full.
    I'm so glad you asked. I posted the two articles and the links on the News section here earlier today. The Chronicle Telegram, which is the paper in my city does have a comments section. I just can't seem to get people in this area to move on this issue, although in my limited circle of friends, they are all against it.

William suggested having someone create a website, but I don't have the knowlege to do it myself or the money to hire it done. It's as he says, people will not speak up until they have someone to follow and a website would be a way to give people a "gathering" place.

Let me know if you can't find the story on the "News" thread here and I'll post the link here.

PM,

This is Steve from Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC. I testified at the Oberlin meeting and know most of the people who were there in oppositon to the Sanctuary Resolution.

What the City Council is proposing is unconstitutional and actually violates the city workers' civil rights...by forcing them to violate federal law...which the City Council, law director...and ACLU representative ignored.

The good news is that I am lining up more opposition.

You may contact me directly.

If any ALIPACERS want to take a look at a couple of photos and read a short story, visit the OJJPAC homepage (link below).

A link will soon be back on my homepage if anyone wants to contact the council. I took it down to update but will be back soon.

Pro patria, Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    PM,

This is Steve from Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC. I testified at the Oberlin meeting and know most of the people who were there in oppositon to the Sanctuary Resolution.

What the City Council is proposing is unconstitutional and actually violates the city workers' civil rights...by forcing them to violate federal law...which the City Council, law director...and ACLU representative ignored.

If any ALIPACERS want to take a look at a couple of photos and read a short story, visit the OJJPAC homepage (link below).

A link will soon be back on my homepage if anyone wants to contact the council. I took it down to update but will be back soon.

Pro patria, Steve
    (off topic, sorry) Hey Steve! I don't remember if I thanked you guys for putting Reno, Nevada in dispute status since our wonderful mayor refused to acknowledge your site early last year. THANK YOU! Has anyone ever sent you the policies?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    PM,

Pro patria, Steve
    Steve,

Thanks for clarifying what you said. I am a tad bit hearing impaired and with your back to me, I couldn't hear exactly the words you said, but I knew it was advising them what they were doing was illegal. I also could tell you shook them up!!

Thanks for being there.

working4change
    Welcome to Alipac PatriotMe..glad you joined us here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast