Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A New Front? Illegals and the IRS

Hi All:

In reading the various legislation on this whole illegal thing, and looking at the supposed Earned Citizenship (another name for Amnesty) they talk about a $2,000 fine and the payment of back taxes.

Let's talk for a minute about those BACK TAXES. Most illegals around here work for no less than $100 a day cash under the table. Being a bit generous, lets assume due to rain, or other inclement weather that one of these illegals works 40 weeks a year, and has been here for ten years. That's wages in the amount of $200,000 that taxes are due on, and one can safely assume with Social Security as a self employed person (they would be considered independent contractors, thus having to pay both sides of FICA) couple with Federal Taxes, at least 29 percent of that would be due the Federal government. That's $58,000 dollars. Also, would this legislation allow the states to collection on the unpaid taxes due them?

Now, if a citizen has not paid his taxes, and then suddenly becomes known to the IRS, once the taxes are figured out, there are A) penalties and B) interest at ten percent a year. Penalties usually run around 25% of the amount owed...in this case for ease of numbers, we will make that $14,500.00 which now means this illegal owes the Federal government $72.500 BEFORE INTEREST for ten years at TEN PERCENT. Not even compounding the interest, but instead just a flat rate yearly ten percent would mean that this illegal alien under the Amnesty Bill would owe the Federal government with interest and penalties $171,955.57! Interest would continue to accrue on the unpaid amounts, their checking and savings accounts could be seized, as well as their home, cars....get where I am going with this? WE MUST DEMAND that these illegal aliens who have evaded paying taxes MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE to the same IRS penalties, fines and interest we are held to. As you can see in this example, they would owe ALMOST TEN YEARS WAGES the day they came forward, and it is a hole most COULD NEVER GET OUT OF! In short, they would have no choice but to leave to avoid being in debt for the rest of their lives, and never knowing the American Dream.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

get where I am going with this?
    Oh yeah, I know exactly where you going with it. But do you really think that's what our government is going to do with these people?
    I don't know about you, but I don't have $60,000.00 to pay in back taxes, how many of these people do you think will have that money?
    That was just thrown in by the politicians so they could claim "They are entitled to amnesty because they have to pay back taxes"
    Smoke Screen
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

First off, who is going to document the salaries???

I have seen up to 6 SS cards held by one person.

No, I think they will allow them to 'state' a certain amount of earnings - and file a tax return. They will then be eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit and get back all their taxes and more.

So it is a scam.

It is a joke.

It is a falsehood.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    First off, who is going to document the salaries???

I have seen up to 6 SS cards held by one person.

No, I think they will allow them to 'state' a certain amount of earnings - and file a tax return. They will then be eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit and get back all their taxes and more.

So it is a scam.

It is a joke.

It is a falsehood.
    you forget one thing, these illegals have "immunity"

if you know someone who has 6 SS cards you should report it ... ICEE might be able to give you a hand
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Just seems to me, as a part of that Security check, and the income verification, that we should insist we want every illegal alien offered a green card to be AUDITED BY THE IRS, and demand that the funding for this be mandated in the new law.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.