Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AmericanElizabeth:
    They came here when this nation was fully developed, prosperous, fruitful and plentiful. They have not endured hardships, they might have known hunger, but even many Americans endure that.
    You are sooooo right!!! We have homeless people, some of whom would definitely love to work, but can't find gainful employment. Granted some of them are unable, for a variety of reasons, to work, but there are many who could and would.

Where do these illegal jerks get this sense of entitlement? A bunch of stupid politicians listening to American jerks saying -- we have to respect their human rights!!

And in some respects, people like us have to take a little blame -- I was too busy living my life to pay attention to what was really going on in congress. In some way, I hope we have more illegal demonstrations - maybe it will wake up the rest of America.

I could not have said it better than all of you. I would like to expand on the point made by Cheyenne Woman about the enormous advantage that the Hispanic folks have by being able to cross one border to get here. If there is any injustice in our immigration situation it is the fact that many who would be greater contributors to our society than the hordes of uneducated and unskilled who sneak in from Mexico-are blocked from coming here by left-over Cold War mentality, and the existence of the Atlantic Ocean. Many highly-educated folks from Russia or Poland simply cannot get here without a visa, and a visa might be denied for years, if not forever. Limiting immigration is important, and I am not advocating we open the floodgates. I am saying that we need to close that US/Mexican border in a very real way. I look around me every day here on Long Island, and the problem has gone w-a-a-a-a-y beyond a few seasonal farm workers. The village I live in used to be a fishing and small port town. It was settled in the 1600's and many descendents of the families who settled it are still here. Now, after 5pm, the streets are filled with Mexicans and Guatemalans, at a rate that far exceeds local people. Is this a happy circumstance for the local people whose schools are required to admit the many many children these people have? Is this a happy circumstance to see plastic laundry detergent jugs and empty cases of Corona beer on our roads, and piles of beer bottles and disposable diapers on our beaches? Are we supposed to feel that our culture is being enriched by the arrival of people who think of nothing more than buying a big TV and driving a car with a spoiler on it? Neither the Republicans, nor the Democrats really seem to "get" the seriousness of the problem of our porous Mexican border and the frustration of American citizens whose homes are being transformed in way that they cannot control.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    That was beautiful and true. To diminish that is to make a mockery of America. That's why this new group if by some fluke are granted amnesty.....will never be an American.
    They don't want to be Americans, they want to come here abuse our resources to their advantages, and still live their cultures/life style here in the USA

I am a first generation American.
    Back in the late 60's I could have very easily avoided the draft if I wanted to but I didn't, as soon as I was able I joined the United States Marine Corps and fought in Nam, my reward for this was to be branded a baby killer on my return home.
    Call me what you want but I know what it means to be an American.
    I risked my life for this country and I have seen others lose theirs.
    There is no way anybody will convince me that illegals are intiteled to anything that others have fought and died for!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

concernedcitizen wrote:

They don't want to be Americans, they want to come here abuse our resources to their advantages, and still live their cultures/life style here in the USA
    Make no mistake about it....they're rubbing our noses in the fact that they are rapidly outnumbering the English-speaking legal American citizens of the United States. They have no intention of learning English, no intention of adopting our culture, and no intention of ever going back to their cesspool of a country, willingly.

I was in Target Saturday afternoon, and, just about at my breaking point with all the Spanish I was hearing (I'm in San Diego...it's impossilbe to escape Spanish no matter where you go), I interrupted a Latino woman mid-sentence and said, "Speak English!". She looked at me and replied, "Never." I had assumed she wouldn't understand what I said, but when I realized she did indeed understand me, it just made me even angrier.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12