Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: New Labor Secretary Pick (La Raza, MALDEF) - R. Alexander Acosta

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Anyone know him? Should he work on "Make America Great Again."?
    I don't ever heard of him, so, that's my question...

Marci, I have not heard of Mr. Acosta before this selection. We are trying to gather information on him and on his positions on immigration and illegal immigration.

Alexander Acosta is linked to the organizations of La Raza and MALDEF, both who work for amnesty and for illegal aliens to remain in the United States.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Anyone know him? Should he work on "Make America Great Again."?
    I don't ever heard of him, so, that's my question...
    No I don't think any of us here have ever heard of him. Maybe he's assured Trump that he'll enforce the laws and fix the Department of Labor. That's possible in our new climate and attitudes on the issue. We can hope for the best, because he'll be overwhelmingly approved by the US Senate, probably 100-0.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump's New Labor Secretary Pick, FIU Law Dean Alexander Acosta, Once Accused of

Creating "Rift" in Black Community

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2017 AT 12:56 P.M.
    BY JERRY IANNELLI

Donald Trump's original pick to run the Labor Department, Andy Puzder, was apparently too much of a liability to work in an administration otherwise staffed with enough red flags to dizzy a rodeo steer.Puzder was a classic Trump choice: As the CEO of Carl's Jr. and Hardees, he was accused of wage-fixing and cracking down on his own workers, and fought raising the minimum wage. But after an old Oprah Winfrey clip showing Puzder's wife accusing him of abuse made the rounds in Washington this week, Republicans balked and Puzder pulled his name.

So, Trump has now reportedly tapped Florida International University Law School Dean (and Miami native) R. Alexander Acosta to work as Secretary of Labor. Acosta, a Cuban-American who attended Miami's Gulliver Schools growing up, was formerly the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, where he prosecuted Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff for fraud, and former Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne for corruption, among other high-profile cases.

He also served on the federal National Labor Relations Board, which likely makes him Trump's most qualified cabinet pick so far.

But that doesn't mean he's a particularly good choice. Unsurprisingly for the Trump Administration, Acosta has a less-than-stellar record with people of color already.

Acosta ran the U.S. Justice Department's Office of Civil Rights under George W. Bush, from 2003 to 2005, but that's not good news. The Bush administration was repeatedly accused of letting the civil rights wing wither, and Acosta's employees were accused of hiring right-wing partisans and Bush loyalists over more-qualified people. This led to a full-on Justice Department probe into the wing's hiring practices.

So FIU's choice to hire Acosta in 2009 wasn't quite met with universal praise. As New Times wrote that year, some FIU professors said Acosta helped drive a wedge between the federal government and the nation's residents of color.

"Acosta's history in the Civil Rights Division has caused a rift with the black community," H.T. Smith, then-director of FIU's trial advocacy program, told New Times.

Acosta's office also presided over the bizarre "Liberty City Seven" trial, in which seven black Muslim men from Miami were accused of hatching a plot to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago. All seven men were members of an obscure religious sect in South Florida — while federal prosecutors alleged the men were hard-edged terrorists bent on murdering innocent people, many outside observers said portions of the trial seemed like a farce.

This is a breaking story. This post will be updated.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/content/printView/9145549
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    People who were opposing Puzder didn't understand Trump's agenda with the Labor Department and the skills needed to do that. But this guy will be an easy confirmation.

So is he of Cuban ethnicity?
    Judy, I read Cuban-American.

Labor Unions like Acosta. They did not like Puzder.

That would probably be the SEIU that has a lot of illegal aliens members. Yes, they would hate Puzder. Puzder was the best guy, they just couldn't get the message out. Shame.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

MW, it's like the FairTax, you don't understand business. You don't understand someone's job in a business environment versus someone's job in a regulatory or government environment. Puzder can't be blamed for supporting Amnesty. The US Senate supported Amnesty, the President of the United States supported amnesty, most Americans at the time opposed mass deportations, you included, ALIPAC included, most States supported amnesty without the right to vote or pathway to citizenship. You can't blame a business person for a position that the majority of the country held especially when he lives in Southern California. You can't blame a business person for doing the job they were hired to do. But that's what you did. You couldn't separate his statements that were part of his job, from what his efforts and functions would be in a Trump administration when his JOB for US is to stop this madness and he had the unique skills and experience to be able to do that.
    You have a bad habit of purposely setting out to demean anyone that doesn't agree with you. That needs to stop Furthermore, you made an inaccurate comment about me and others in your post that I don't appreciate. I and nobody here to my knowledge have not supported the "mass" deportation of illegal aliens. Explaining to you why something won't be done is not the same as opposing it. Your great at obfuscating facts to support your position. So far you've accused me of not having knowledge on a host of topics I've posted on. That demeaning tactic needs to stop here and now. Just because you don't agree with my position doesn't mean I'm not knowledgeable about the topic being discussed.

Oh, and I don't know why you seem to think making excuses for a full-fledged amnesty supporter is necessary. That says more about you then it does me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Friends, Break Time.

I never addressed you MW. You addressed me. You set out to do something in your posts directed at me, which I think was to demean me. I'm just explaining to you that in my opinion, you don't understand business. I hold that conclusion based on your posts.

But please think what you want, MW. It doesn't matter to me. It really really doesn't.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast