Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

new letter from new martinez?

I just got this. Every other time I've written him I've gotten the same responce, how he is pro amnesty, pro Spanish, etc.
    This was totally unexpected. I will still work on his recall. I think he has found people are totally fed up with his lies and traitor attitude. I don't think for a minute this is how he really feels. We need to keep on him. He needs to loose his job for sure.

Thank you for letting me know of your support for strengthening our nation’s borders. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I strongly believe that one way to safeguard our homeland is to work tirelessly to secure our borders. Over the past three years, Congress has funded serious border security measures, such as adding more than three thousand border patrol officers, nearly 10 thousand new beds in detention centers, as well as hundreds of miles of security fencing and vehicle barriers along our southwest border.

However, much work remains to be done. On July 26, 2007, I joined an overwhelming majority of my Senate colleagues in approving passage of a bill (H.R. 263 making appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2008. This bill is awaiting consideration by Conferees from the House and the Senate.

During Senate consideration of H.R. 2638, I cosponsored an amendment to direct $3 billion solely to reinforce the security of our borders. This funding would allow the hiring, training and deployment of more than twenty thousand additional border patrol officers, the deployment of radar technology and unmanned aerial vehicles, and the construction of 700 miles of border fencing. The Senate adopted this amendment by a vote of 89-1.

Please know that I will continue to work with my Senate colleagues to provide the funds necessary to adopt security measures that would improve the safety of our nation, including reinforcing security at our nation’s borders. I am pleased with the Administration’s announcement of redoubled efforts to strengthen the enforcement of existing immigration laws at the borders and within our nation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or comments. For more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

...smoke and mirrors...
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RE: MEL

I received the exact same letter yesterday from Mel. This letter did not address the issues that I had raised. Evidently, yesterday was letter mailing day. The content in the response is of no importance. He has been making statements in exact opposition to his actions for as long as he has been in office. He speaks with forked tongue while executing a lethal back stab.
    Every phone call and fax and e-mail and letter questions his loyalty to the USA. He has never addressed these comments.
    Mel has diarrhea of the mouth. Any day now he should be drowning in his projectile. He no longer notices the foul odor.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    It's all lies. His real agenda for is amnesty.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I don't think he's changed a bit. He doesn't renounce his previous support for amnesty for the millions of illegals already in the US, nor does he advocate for controlled legal immigration in the future. The devil is in the details, or the lack thereof in this case.

I will never trust Martinez, nor any of the previous amnesty supporters. Their every word and deed needs to be scrutinized in the future, and they shouldn't be cut any slack. I consider them enemy no. 1 to this country as long as they're in office.

Just another liar attempting to cover his backside; just like South Carolina's own disgrace, Lindsey Graham! We're planning on giving Lindsey the boot in 2008, and hopefully all you good people in Florida can do the same with Martinez at the next available opportunity!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Exactly, is he up for re-election soon? It's just a political dog and pony show so he can say I was against illegal immigration! See, here's what I did and said!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly
    Just another liar attempting to cover his backside; just like South Carolina's own disgrace, Lindsey Graham! We're planning on giving Lindsey the boot in 2008, and hopefully all you good people in Florida can do the same with Martinez at the next available opportunity!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada