Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New NumbersUSA alert: call Monday, 9/29 -E-Verify

Didn't see this yet. We still need to call tomorrow.

Date: Sunday 28SEP08 7 p.m. EDT

UPDATE on saving the E-Verify system to keep illegal aliens from U.S. jobs

DEAR FRIENDS,

I'm sending this only to those of you who really helped us these last three months of trying to save the E-Verify system. Thanks for all that you have done.

The good news is that E-Verify will not die Nov. 1, which it was set to do unless Congress re-authorized it before leaving town to campaign.

The brinkmanship is over for now. Senate Majority Leader Reid finally granted a stay of execution and allowed a short extension of E-Verify in the giant Continuing Resolution that just passed the Senate to keep the government running through the fall and winter.

But instead of the 5-year extension that the House passed in the summer (thanks to your outpouring of support), the Senate has extended E-Verify only until March 6 next year.

That means that Arizona, Oklahoma, Georgia and several other states and localities that have laws requiring the use of E-Verify will be able to continue to drive illegal aliens out of their communities.

But all the danger we faced this summer will re-emerge just before March 6.

As soon as the new Congress arrives in January, the Open-Borders forces will once again try to attach amnesties for illegal aliens and huge increases in foreign-worker visas as ransom for continuing E-Verify, the most effective program we have in fighting illegal immigration.

Those forces did everything they could -- and succeeded -- in kicking this issue into next year in great faith that the new President (McCain or Obama) will push through a full-scale amnesty before vigorous enforcement can create an accelerated Attrition Through Enforcement.

You see, leaders like Sen. Reid, Speaker of the House Pelosi of California, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and both Presidential candidates do NOT want illegal aliens to lose their jobs. They don't want illegal aliens to go home.

So, those leaders have either blocked or done nothing to unblock passage of the 5-year extension of E-Verify (H.R. 6633) in the Senate.

THIS IS STILL QUITE A VICTORY FOR YOU

I don't want to be too pessimistic about all of this.

Because of your outpouring of faxes and phone calls, the Senate did NOT attach the hundreds of thousands of additional visas for foreign workers that congressional leaders had sought. That truly is a major victory for us.

ONE LAST CHANCE MONDAY

We actually have a slight chance of still getting the 5-year extension before Congress leaves town this week.

Congress is expected to be in session at least through Tuesday.

Right now, all Congress seems to be hearing is public outcry against the $700 billion bailout (created partly because so many financial institutions gave house mortages to illegal aliens).

A full barrage of phone calls all day Monday is worth the try. At least let these Senators know that their perfidy didn't go unnoticed.

Call your 2 Senators and demand passage of H.R. 6633 before they leave.

202-224-3121

Tell them that you know the reason for putting this off until next March is the hope of Open-Borders champions to attach an amnesty then.

H.R. 6633 passed the House with only two people voting against it. Tell the Senators that it is insane not to pass -- or attach to another bill -- something that was so nearly unanimous in the House.

Another reason for being really obnoxious with phoning on Monday is to send these Senators home to their states' campaigns with a kick in the pants to remind them that immigration is not off the agenda with their constituents.

Many of you have said you want to do much more than just call your own 2 Senators. My advice is to pick out all the small-population states in your region and call their Senators, because they may not have had quite the flood of phone calls yet.

THANKS,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the heads up. Will do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can anyone tell me where to find that great detailed list of fax numbers for all the senators? I've misplaced mine and I'm feeling a STRONG URGE TO FAX !!! I can find lists online with the phone numbers, but I'm a faxer. Thanks for any help... Marilyn

MW
    Call baby, call! Let's get 'er done today.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn