Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Vortex wrote:

IMO, any platform the GOP or the Dems decide to publish is nothing more than an ideal that the voters want to hear.
    That's not exactly true. Many of the individuals that devised the GOP platform are against amnesty in any shape, form, or matter. Furthermore, they full support the enforcement of our immigration laws. I wish the same could be said for the Democrats.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome americafirstnc
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

2010 Census

I heard on an Air America radio show that part of the GOP platform calls for counting only persons legally residing in the U.S. in the 2010 census. I oppose this. This is another enabling feature for businesses that benefit from cheap labor. It's just like attempts to prevent illegals from suing employers for unpaid overtime, unsafe working conditions, etc. that ALL employees are entitled to. Again, I just want the illegals to leave on their own. Continue with the ICE raids, but dammit start citing, prosecuting, and jailing these scumbag corporations! I've made up my mind, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin as a write-in candidate in California. I know nothing about him, he sounds like a fruitcake (I'm not antiabortion) but it's better than wasting my vote on every other party that wants to consolidate the labor pools of the U.S. and Latin America.

Re: 2010 Census

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCarter
    I heard on an Air America radio show that part of the GOP platform calls for counting only persons legally residing in the U.S. in the 2010 census. I oppose this. This is another enabling feature for businesses that benefit from cheap labor. It's just like attempts to prevent illegals from suing employers for unpaid overtime, unsafe working conditions, etc. that ALL employees are entitled to. Again, I just want the illegals to leave on their own. Continue with the ICE raids, but dammit start citing, prosecuting, and jailing these scumbag corporations! I've made up my mind, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin as a write-in candidate in California. I know nothing about him, he sounds like a fruitcake (I'm not antiabortion) but it's better than wasting my vote on every other party that wants to consolidate the labor pools of the U.S. and Latin America.
    I fully understand and agree with your concerns about not counting them. However, since constitutionally the number of congressional representatives each state gets is based on the census numbers, counting the illegals unfairly denies representation to those legally here. I don't know how feasible it would be, but I would like to see two totals, an unofficial one including everyone, and the official one only counting those here legally. The latter number would be used for representation purposes. This would also give us a more accurate number of those illegally here.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Americafirstnc and thanks for posting this.

nor does it mean that illegal aliens should receive social security benefits, or other public benefits, except as provided by federal law.
    They should not receive ONE dime in any type of benefits paid for by Americans FOR Americans. That includes their anchor babies.

This is why illegal aliens come here and start having kids in hyperdrive mode! It's the biggest moneymaking scam going. I laugh when I read about them coming here so their "kids" can have better educations - and they don't even have kids!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Welcome Americafirstnc and thanks for posting this.

nor does it mean that illegal aliens should receive social security benefits, or other public benefits, except as provided by federal law.
    They should not receive ONE dime in any type of benefits paid for by Americans FOR Americans. That includes their anchor babies.
    I'm torn on this. On one hand I am perfectly morally comfortable allowing them to forfeit the money they contribute to SS when working with stolen ID.

But the government would be perfectly content to let the illegal labor subsidize the SS shortfalls in this manner.

If they just go home it solves both problems though.

McCain is a snake. I know the platform says they oppose amnesty, but I seem to recall that McCain has a tendency to redefine the word "amnesty" because it suits him.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

MW
    AmyCarter wrote:

I heard on an Air America radio show that part of the GOP platform calls for counting only persons legally residing in the U.S. in the 2010 census.
    I say good on the GOP. That's exactly as it should be. Illegals should not be considered when it comes to allocating congressional representation for individual states! Basically that's giving de facto representation to illegal aliens.

It's no surprise that Air America would support more representation in illegal heavy states because they know that will mean more liberals in the U.S. Congress. That's a logic I can live without (IMO).

AngelaTC wrote:

McCain is a snake. I know the platform says they oppose amnesty, but I seem to recall that McCain has a tendency to redefine the word "amnesty" because it suits him.
    You're right about McCain, however, he didn't write the platform. It was written by a majority of people that feel just as you and I do concerning illegal immigration and border security.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey guys, this is great whether we believe they are sincere or not. We The people have been heard loud enough that they feel in order to win they must include this plank. It basically means we have been doing a good job in letting our feelings be known. Now if they do try another amnesty, we will know that they had absolutely NO ILLUSIONS as to the feelings of the people and it is an intentional waiving of the finger at us.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    cayla wrote:

Hey guys, this is great
    You're right, it is great news. Let me know when you find anything similar in the liberal platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    cayla wrote:

Hey guys, this is great
    You're right, it is great news. Let me know when you find anything similar in the liberal platform.
    I have the feeling you will be waiting a long long time before that happens

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast