Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Republican Platform on Immigration

I read this over at Michelle Malkin and thought I'd post it here to think what you guys thought of this "new" platform.

Immigration, National Security, and the Rule of Law

Immigration policy is a national security issue, for which we have one test: Does it serve the national interest? By that standard, Republicans know America can have a strong immigration system without sacrificing the rule of law.

Enforcing the Rule of Law at the Border and Throughout the Nation

Border security is essential to national security. In an age of terrorism, drug cartels, and criminal gangs, allowing millions of unidentified persons to enter and remain in this country poses grave risks to the sovereignty of the United States and the security of its people. We simply must be able to rack who is entering and leaving our country.

Our determination to uphold the rule of law begins with more effective enforcement, giving our agents the tools and resources they need to protect our sovereignty, completing the border fence quickly and securing the borders, and employing complementary strategies to secure our ports of entry.

Experience shows that enforcement of existing laws is effective in reducing and reversing illegal immigration.

Our commitment to the rule of law means smarter enforcement at the workplace, against illegal
    workers and lawbreaking employers alike, along with those who practice identity theft and traffic in
    fraudulent documents. As long as jobs are available in the United States, economic incentives to enter illegally will persist. But we must empower employers so they can know withire are permitted to work. That means that the E-Verify system—which is an internet-based system that verifies the employment authorization and identity of employees—must be reauthorized. A phased-in requirement that employers use the E-Verify system must be enacted.

The rule of law means guaranteeing to law enforcement the tools and coordination to deport criminal aliens without delay — and correcting court decisions that have made deportation so difficult. It
    means enforcing the law against those who overstay their visas, rather than letting millions flout the generosity that gave them temporary entry. It means imposing maximum penalties on those
    who smuggle illegal aliens into the U.S., both for their lawbreaking and for their cruel exploitation. It means requiring cooperation among federal, state and local law enforcement and real consequences, including the denial of federal funds, for self-described sanctuary cities, which stand in open defiance of the federal and state statutes that expressly prohibit such sanctuary policies, and which endanger the lives of U.S. citizens. It does not mean driver’s licenses for illegal aliens, nor does it mean that states should be allowed to flout the federal law barring them from giving in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens, nor does it mean that illegal aliens should receive social security benefits, or other public benefits, except as provided by federal law.

We oppose amnesty. The rule of law suffers if government policies encourage or reward illegal activity. The American people’s rejection of en masse legalizations is especially appropriate given the federal government’s past failures to enforce the law.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/02/wh ... migration/
    "There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else." - Theodore Roosevelt

I'll believe this when I hear it come out of McCain's mouth. Maybe.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to ALIPAC americafirstnc!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A few thoughts:

Mention of E-Verify is good.

Too bad the language about opposing "comprehensive reform" (which we all know is code for mass amnesty) is not included.

If McCain is elected, he will do what he wants anyway, regardless of what this platform says. He supports and wants amnesty for millions of IAs, nothing has changed in this regard.

Welcome to ALIPAC americafirstnc!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I agree with "I'll believe it when I see it", but I thought I would post it b/c at least it's written down as the new platform of the GOP. McAmnesty will do as he wishes, but maybe pressure to follow the party's platform will be given...there's always minor hope.

But actions speak louder than words on a piece of paper and unless McCain suddenly had a change of heart, I'm afraid it'll more of the same. Which means we'll have to keep the pressure on and the fight alive.

Thanks for the welcome Dixie and cayla99
    "There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else." - Theodore Roosevelt

A platform is just that and doesn't mean it will even be spoke of . Let alone acted upon. Just a little something to Sweeten the pot for votes
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    A few thoughts:

Too bad the language about opposing "comprehensive reform" (which we all know is code for mass amnesty) is not included.

If McCain is elected, he will do what he wants anyway, regardless of what this platform says. He supports and wants amnesty for millions of IAs, nothing has changed in this regard.
    Some people hail McCain because he sticks to something even when no one else does. Do you really think that's a good thing? To me that means he will go against Americans and their will? It scares me. His age is the only thing that gives me hope.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    A few thoughts:

Some people hail McCain because he sticks to something even when no one else does. Do you really think that's a good thing? To me that means he will go against Americans and their will? It scares me. His age is the only thing that gives me hope.
    I agree 1000%
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

americafirstnc: Welcome.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will not believe it until I see the rule of law applied to everyone:

aiders, abettors, traitors, illegal criminal aliens, and achor babies.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh we have many illegals! But the new fight which we must fight is legal immigration. Dear Lord Help Us!

The i-9's and the green cards are killing the jobs totally for Americans.

Where are the Americans working?

Hate or Love a country? Is the question?
    http://tinyurl.com/5tv8k4

BALTIMORE -- A Snow Hill man will spend three years in prision for trying to bribe state and federal officals in a scheme that cluminated in raids on several Lower Shore businesses last fall.

Javed Iqbal, 40, was also given three years supervised release Tuesday for a racketeering conspiracy related to a scheme to bribe officials with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to illegally obtain green cards and the Maryland Comptroller's Office to receive abatement of state taxes, said officials from the U. S. Attorney for the District of Maryland.

REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE THIS IS THE LOOPHOLE... ALL FOREIGNERS WANT I-9'S AND GREEN CARDS AND ETC. THEN THE AMERICANS JOBS ARE THEIR'S LEGALLY AND THE BABIES PRODUCED ARE AMERICANS?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast