Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Meanwhile, employers reap higher profits because of lower labor costs and more productive businesses. Shocked The solution to this imbalance, proposed by the Migration Policy Institute, is to provide more visas and legal channels for unskilled workers to enter the United States. Today, low-skilled workers must have a green card - effectively requiring them to have close family members in the United States - or obtain a temporary work visa.
    What they do too is undercut your bids for customer jobs, that leaves business that plays by the rules high and dry.

That has been my experience, first hand.
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

BS....This guy is an idiot!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is some common sense math that the media has none of.

American makes $20/hr pays taxes on that, buys a car, and a house, supports a family, community, schools and ect. Does not recieve welfare.

Obeys the laws. Pays owed taxes.

Illegal -breaks the law and comes here illegally.

Breaks the law to get fake papers from his criminal country of orgin or stolen identity/ruins an Americans life with the SS#.

Makes $12/hr, pays less taxes on that or no taxes.

Buys a car but no insurance or tag which is tax money for roads.

Drives without license. Again, license fee is a tax to support the transpotation system.

Sends $2 of that $12/hr back to homeland, not spent here to support America. Pays little taxes if any so the schools and other community venues aren't supported by the illegals yet they use them more often, such as parks and other places.

If the illegal has a family here, usually one member of the family recieves some type of government assistance.

If an Illegal has 1 to 2 kids every 2 years and doesn't have health insurance, can't pay hospital, drives up the cost of health insurance and healthcare for everyone that does pay.

Need I go on?

Clearly the illegal isn't paying as much taxes as an American getting paid more would so obviously driving down wages doesn't contribute more, it contributes less, but with political correctness, remember everything is backwards. Good is bad and bad is good.

Clearly the illegal isn't making as much and won't contribute as much by spending as he hasn't as much to spend, well, maybe if they get paid in cash they would, but then they'll send 10 to 20% back home which Americans don't do, so the evidence clearly shows Americans contribute more to the economy reguardless of the pay differential as Americans don't send 10 to 20% directly to a foreign land, and we don't buy stuff directly from China through paypal. When Americans buy stuff it might eventually go to a foreign country but it is first put through the American economy, which helps the country.

I'm sure the list is very, very long?

And according to the open border people, criminal actions have no monetary value yet everytime an illegal is supposedly done wrong, even if they haven't, the first thing the pro illegals do is seek monetary damages.

If we counted the criminal damages the illegal are responsible for, any benefits the illegals brought would surely be outweighed manytimes over by the repayment of legal fee's to Americans. Oh yeah, I forgot that one, everytime an illegal challenges a immigration law or illegal or legal status the good ole American People get to pay for it. Nice aye? Another deduction.

This country is so sick with political correctness and comminism it makes you want to throw up, just think of all the kids being taught these lies, no wonder they can't add or learn anything, if this is the agenda, there is nothing to learn. And if there is nothing to learn, and the truth can't be taught, this country is going to have a hell of alot of criminals running around in a few years.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Re: New study, Illegals do not drain jobs or tax dollars

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Illegal immigrants' impact on economy measured
    Lynsi Burton, Hearst Washington Bureau

Thursday, December 3, 2009

(12-03) 04:00 PST Washington - --

A new study released Wednesday concludes that undocumented immigrant workers do not drain jobs or tax dollars and have a neutral impact on the U.S. economy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Because illegal immigrants occupy a small share of the workforce - about 5 percent - and work low-skilled jobs at lower wages than other workers, their overall influence on the economy is trivial, according to the report, sponsored by the Migration Policy Institute, a pro-immigration think tank in Washington

"The fate of the U.S. economy does not rest on what we do on illegal immigration," said Gordon Hanson, author of the report and economics professor at the UC San Diego.

Undocumented immigrants contribute just 0.03 percent of the U.S. gross domestic product, with that gain going to employers who save money on cheap labor, the report says, while their cost to the economy is 0.10 percent of GDP, which mainly comes from public education and publicly funded emergency health care.

The net impact means that illegal immigrants have an essentially neutral effect on the economy, Hanson said.

The report does not factor in the spending or entrepreneurship that illegal immigrants contribute to the economy, said Marc Rosenblum, senior policy analyst at the Migration Policy Institute.

Where illegal immigrants do have a substantial impact, Hanson added, is in specific labor-intensive and low-skilled industries such as agriculture, construction, hospitality and cleaning services, where the share of native-born workers has dropped precipitously.
    Because the United States has dramatically raised the education level of its adult population in the past 50 years - going from about 50 percent of all working-age adults without a high school diploma in 1960 to just 8 percent today - the native-born low-skilled workforce has shrunk, while employers continue to require low-skilled workers.

This leaves room for illegal immigrants to take such jobs at a low cost, the report says. Illegal immigrants now account for 20 percent of working-age adults in the United States who don't have a high school degree.

While the influx of illegal immigrants is one of the factors keeping low-skilled wages stagnant, the biggest losers in the current system are legal low-wage workers, both native and foreign born, who compete with the illegal immigrants, Rosenblum said.

Meanwhile, employers reap higher profits because of lower labor costs and more productive businesses. The solution to this imbalance, proposed by the Migration Policy Institute, is to provide more visas and legal channels for unskilled workers to enter the United States. Today, low-skilled workers must have a green card - effectively requiring them to have close family members in the United States - or obtain a temporary work visa.

Because the supply of low-skilled temporary work visas equals only 1 percent of the current illegal population in the United States, the current legal avenues for entry are insufficient to cover the influx of low-skilled workers, the report said.

Ways to mitigate illegal immigration include enacting effective enforcement laws and reducing the net fiscal cost of low-skilled immigration by charging foreign workers a fee or taxing employers for hiring them, the report said.

E-mail Lynsi Burton at lynsi@hearstdc.com.

This article appeared on page A - 24 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0YfQEtyQe
    Boy, the propaganda machine just won't let up. How foolish do these people think everybody is?

Re: New study, Illegals do not drain jobs or tax dollars

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Illegal immigrants' impact on economy measured
    Lynsi Burton, Hearst Washington Bureau

Thursday, December 3, 2009

(12-03) 04:00 PST Washington - --

A new study released Wednesday concludes that undocumented immigrant workers do not drain jobs or tax dollars and have a neutral impact on the U.S. economy.
    I guess our local hospitals and schools might disagree.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

The immigrant workers are probably not the ones most costing the taxpayers; rather it is their illegal alien dependents and U.S. citizen anchor babies. These are the costs that must be accounted for in any study of the impact on our economy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chexfive have you googled Joe Legal vs Jose Illegal? As a construction worker myself I totally relate to it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    The immigrant workers are probably not the ones most costing the taxpayers; rather it is their illegal alien dependents and U.S. citizen anchor babies. These are the costs that must be accounted for in any study of the impact on our economy.
    Bingo! The only way this BS study would be valid is if all illegals were sterilized.

Meanwhile, employers reap higher profits because of lower labor costs and more productive businesses.
    The illegal aliens won't follow laws and they didn't care that they made the company that we both worked for lose their customers, so they don't help business.

I does not really matter if they do good work. If they are here illegally they have broken the law and need to be deported!

We have had an issue here at my home 2 times with a company sending out some hispanics to do some work. The first time they came, I called the company and questioned their legal status. I was told that they had worked for them for years and that they have never had any trouble with them. I told the girl that answered the phone that I did not care about that, that if they were not in this country legally they were not doing any work at my house. We had just bought the house and the previous owner was paying for the work to be done, and he is the one who had called them to come out. I told them that I did not care who was paying for it, they would not be allowed on the property if they could not prove to me to be in this country legally. The onwer of the company called the guys on the cell phone and told them they would have to leave.
    A few days later a different crew came out and looked at the problem, and the work was done. By Americans I might add.

This same company has been out to my home on an every 2 weeks basis to do maintenance work. About a month ago as my husband was leaving he drove up to the top of the driveway and there was one of their company trucks trying to come down to the house. The guys again, were hispanics and when my husband asked if they had green cards they acted as if they did not understand him. Hubby told them that he knews that they can speak english and they know what he was talking about.
    So he called the company and told them that if they are illegal they need to leave. He also told the boss that we don't hire illegals to do work and that his wife would have a fit! They left and it took another week for them to send others out here but they did.
    You can not tell me that there are not legal workers that they can hire to do the work! I know that they have to send these guys out to other places to work. We will be looking for a company that has a policy of not hiring any illegals. Even if they are just teenagers. They need jobs too.

Anyway, sorry this was so long! I just wanted to share it with all of you to illustrate how persistent we have to be.
    Thanks for listening!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast