THE NEXT 20 YEARS IN AMERICA
PART 2

By Frosty Wooldridge
March 3, 2011
NewsWithViews.com

[Disclaimer: The opinion expressed in this article are solely Frosty Wolldridge's alone and not necessary the opinion of NWV, it's staff or other writers.]

We are SO unprepared for our future

As I noticed with over 300 emails responding to Part 1 of this series, old paradigms die hard. Most readers ‘saw’ what I wrote about because they could see it occurring in their own communities and across America. Others ‘balked’ because they couldn’t imagine the ‘change’ coming. Others live in denial of our shifting world.

Whether we like it or not, history sweeps us into its vice-like grip like a Florida alligator. Sometimes it hits unexpectedly like an Oklahoma tornado—no warning! At other times, a society can unravel like Charlie Sheen this week! If you look around the United States, the warnings and symptoms of our future—hit us over the head daily.

• Rising gas prices

• Cost of food rising

• Home heating costs rising

• Mercantile goods rising costs

• Wages dead or lowering

• Unions losing clout

• Poverty growing

• 43 million Americans subsisting on food stamps

• 15 to 22 million Americans unemployed, underemployed

• No chance to ever regain full employment as we add 3.1 million immigrants annually

While I present solutions at the end of each column, it won’t do any good if we fail to implement them. Our own Congress languishes in bed with those that hire, work, feed, house and support endless legal and illegal immigration—the main driver for our overloaded civilization.

If you watched Diane Sawyer and David Muir on ABC this week, you observed in amazement that the average American home features just about everything “Made in Chinaâ€