Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEXT SHOE DROPS: CHRISTIANS IN MILITARY ACCUSED OF TREASON: PENTAGON MOVES TO PUNISH

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

NEXT SHOE DROPS: CHRISTIANS IN MILITARY ACCUSED OF TREASON: PENTAGON MOVES TO PUNISH

NEXT SHOE DROPS: CHRISTIANS IN MILITARY ACCUSED OF TREASON

It was just a few weeks ago WND reported a training session that labeled evangelical Christians a greater risk to the U.S. that terror groups like the Muslim Brotherhood.

Now, a militant atheist who has the Pentagon's ear has accused Christians in uniform of treason for their beliefs, and there's evidence the military is leaning toward his position ...
    WND

PENTAGON MOVES TO PUNISH CHRISTIAN EVANGELISM IN MILITARY

Declares policy after meeting with strident atheist activist

Published: 20 hours ago

Mikey Weinstein has been on a crusade for more than a decade against Christians in the military who speak about their faith with others, but now top brass apparently are listening to him.

After a private meeting between Weinstein and Pentagon officials April 23, a Pentagon spokesman declared, “Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense.”

The spokesman, Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christensen, added that “court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis, and it would be inappropriate to speculate on the outcome in specific cases.”

Weinstein, according to Fox News’ Todd Starnes, told officials at the meeting that U.S. troops who evangelize are guilty of sedition and treason and should be punished, by the hundreds if necessary.

Weinstein recently declared: “We face incredibly well-funded gangs of fundamentalist Christian monsters who terrorize their fellow Americans by forcing their weaponized and twisted version of Christianity upon their helpless subordinates in our nation’s armed forces.”

In an interview with Fox News, Weinstein said the military needs to begin prosecuting Christians who share their faith.

“Someone needs to be punished for this,” he said. “Until the Air Force or Army or Navy or Marine Corps punishes a member of the military for unconstitutional religious proselytizing and oppression, we will never have the ability to stop this horrible, horrendous, dehumanizing behavior.”

Leaders of the Washington-based Family Research Council, which recently faced a violent attack by a leftist who said his goal was to kill as many people as he could, said the Pentagon’s apparent intent to punish evangelism makes no sense.

“Why would military leadership be meeting with one of the most rabid atheists in America to discuss religious freedom in the military,” asked FRC President Tony Perkins in a Fox News interview. “That’s like consulting with China on how to improve human rights.”

Retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, a vice president at FRC, said if the policy goes forward, Christians within the military who speak of their faith “could now be prosecuted as enemies of the state.”
    “This has the potential to destroy military recruiting across the services as Americans realize that their faith will be suppressed by joining the military,” Boykin said.

“Our brave troops deserve better. If chaplains and other personnel are censored from offering the full solace of the Gospel, there is no religious freedom in the military.”

FRC has launched a petition urging the Pentagon to scrub plans to censor religious beliefs.

The FRC petition states: “Our brave troops deserve better. Subverting the religious freedom of our troops both hurts the morale of our troops and puts our nation at risk by labeling courageous military personnel as enemies.

“I urge you to resist the demands of anti-Christian activists who are calling for a court-martial order upon chaplains and service members who share their faith,” the petition says.

Tens of thousands of Americans already have joined the effort, which was brought about, according to FRC, because of claims that “religion is one of the chief problems plaguing our troops.”

Some have said, FRC points out, that “religious proselytizing” is “at the top of the list of problems in the armed forces – even on par with sexual assault.”

The FRC noted the Washington Post reported that the Air Force had created a document “with the directive that leaders of all levels (including chaplains) may not ‘promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion.’”

Ron Crews of the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty told Starne: “Saying that a service member cannot speak of his faith is like telling a service member he cannot talk about his spouse or children. I do not think the Air Force wants to ban personnel from protected religious speech.”

However, Weinstein told the Washington Post that such conversation is a national security threat and “sedition and treason.”

Ken Klukowski, a senior fellow for religious liberty at FRC, noted that Weinstein cites Focus on the Family founder James Dobson as “illustrating the extremist, militant nature of these virulently homophobic organizations’ rhetorically charged propaganda.”

Weinstein concludes: “Let’s call these ignoble actions what they are: the senseless and cowardly squallings of human monsters.”

Kulkowski pointed out that Weinstein endorses the Southern Poverty Law Center, which publishes a list of “hate groups” that lump together Christian organizations such as FRC with the Ku Klux Klan.

As WND reported, the man who shot a security guard at FRC headquarters, Floyd Lee Corkins II, confessed that he targeted FRC because of information provided by SPLC

Video at the Page Link: http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/atheist-a...ksVIPLhIFjc.99

Asked by the FBI why he picked FRC to attack, Corkins stated, “It was a, uh, Southern Poverty Law, lists, uh, anti-gay groups. I found them online. I did a little bit of research, went to the website, stuff like that.”

FRC said that when Corkins later pleaded guilty to a charge of domestic terrorism, the SPLC “was connected in federal court in this first domestic terrorism conviction in Washington, D.C., under the post 9/11 law.”

SPLC has refused FRC’s demand to remove the Christian organization from the hate list.

See “Jihad in America: The Grand Deception,” which reveals the threat that is hidden in plain sight.

In an FBI interview, Corkins confessed he wanted to “kill as many people as I could.”

The U.S. government utilization of opinions endorsed by the SPLC is demonstrated in a number of ways, including the fact that the U.S. Army Reserve recently was found to be using a training brief that slams Catholics and evangelical Christians.

Members of Congress were outraged.

“Our nation needs to have an honest conversation about religious extremism and what we can do to avoid religious violence. However, labeling these major world religions as extremists is wrong and hurtful,” said a letter by Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., that was signed by dozens of other members.

The letter was addressed to Army Secretary John. M . McHugh at the Pentagon.

“We call on you to rescind this briefing and set the record straight on the Army’s view on these faith groups by providing a balanced briefing on religious extremism,” the lawmakers said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/atheist-a...ksVIPLhIFjc.99
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Court-martial Chaplains who talk about Jesus, says Pentagon. Take action!

by CHAPLAIN KLINGENSCHMITT on MAY 2, 2013

Select here to sign new petition, defend military chaplains right to pray “in Jesus’ name” and co-sponsor HR 343. We will fax all 535 Congressmen, Senators (saving you time!) Or select our NEW free petition here.

Court-martial Chaplains who talk about Jesus, says Pentagon. Take action!

A Pentagon spokesman has just said in writing that Christian troops will be punished and court-martialed if they dare to talk about their personal faith in Jesus Christ.

“Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense,” LCDR Nate Christensen said in a written statement. He declined to say if any chaplains or service members had been prosecuted for such an offense.

“Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis and it would be inappropriate to speculate on the outcome in specific cases,” he said.

So let me get this straight. If a chaplain preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ, whether in counseling or in the chapel, and anybody is offended, the chaplain can be punished in writing?

THIS HAPPENED TO ME. In 2005 my commander downgraded my evaluation and nearly ended my chaplain career, in writing. My C.O. illegally punished me for quoting “exclusive” Bible verses like John 3:36 in the base chapel during optionally attended Christian worship. The Navy lawyers claimed commanders can punish chaplains for religious speech, and they did, but they broke the law and violated their oath to the Constitution. Please pray for my lawsuit to be victorious.

So let me get this straight. If a chaplain is ordered to stop praying “in Jesus’ name” outside of Sunday chapel, and the chaplain disobeys by praying in Jesus’ name in uniform and worshipping in public, they can be sent to court-martial for disobeying orders?

THIS HAPPENED TO ME. In 2006 as a Navy Chaplain I faced misdemeanor court-martial and was found guilty of “worshipping in public” in my uniform, outside of Sunday chapel. I was later vindicated by Congress, who rescinded the same bad policy for which I was punished. All proof documents are posted here. I won the policy war, but lost my career.

Now if Congress does not intervene, and protect military chaplains and troops’ right to pray “in Jesus’ name” and freedom for all our troops to freely speak of their faith or preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to their peers without coercion but with freedom to convert and voluntarily change religion, whether in counseling or in church or in their barracks, THEN THERE IS NO FREEDOM OF RELIGION IN THE MILITARY, and the Constitution is dead. The systematic anti-Christian persecution has now begun in earnest.

They order our silence about Jesus Christ, or our punishment by the government. What a choice! The domestic enemies of the Constitution are influencing these policies.

Let’s bury Congress with petitions to defend military chaplains’ right to pray publicly “in Jesus’ name.” Please sign the following petition today, and we will fax it right away.

Select here to sign new petition, defend military chaplains right to pray “in Jesus’ name” and co-sponsor HR 343. We will fax all 535 Congressmen, Senators (saving you time!)
    Or select our NEW free petition here.

Anti-Jesus Judge bans “Jesus prayers” in Virginia. Take action.

If you care about freedom to pray “in Jesus’ name,” please phone or email all 7 members of the Pittsylvania Virginia County board of supervisors. Their names, emails, and phone numbers are listed here. Say these words: “Please appeal the bad court decision of the anti-Jesus judge who banned free speech. Defend peoples’ right to pray in Jesus’ name.”

Here’s why: An anti-Jesus judge has just banned freedom of speech, and told county supervisors they cannot allow anyone to pray “in Jesus’ name” when giving the invocation or benediction at public meetings, reports the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Watch Dr. Chaps’ TV commentary on this anti-Jesus ban in Pittsylvania VA, starting at the 16:06 mark.

“A federal judge Tuesday permanently barred the Pittsylvania County Board of Supervisors from offering sectarian Christian prayers during its meetings. U.S. District Judge Michael Urbanski issued the ruling Tuesday, giving a victory to Pittsylvania County resident Barbara Hudson and the American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia, who represented Hudson. Hudson filed the lawsuit in September 2011.

“The case law in this jurisdiction is crystal clear,” ACLU Legal Director Rebecca Glenberg said Wednesday. “Governments may not have sectarian prayers at their meetings.” [Dr. Chaps' comment...sectarian means speaking the illegal word "Jesus."]

“I expect to speak to the board to decide what the next move will be,” he said. Board Chairman Marshall Ecker said of the decision, “If it was up to me, I would contest it.” The ruling infringes on individual rights and Jesus’ name is being taken out of everything, Ecker said. Hudson contended that the sectarian prayers violated the First Amendment, amounting to government advancement of religion.”

[Dr. Chaps' comment: The board is considering appeal. Please call or email 7 today here, to request they appeal. Then sign our petition to defend military chaplains freedom to pray in Jesus' name, below.]

Select here to sign new petition, defend military chaplains right to pray “in Jesus’ name” and co-sponsor HR 343. We will fax all 535 Congressmen, Senators (saving you time!) Or select our free option here.

The Bible commands us: “Whatever you do in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.” –Colossians 3:17. Please forward this email widely to your friends, and share on social media here.

God Bless you, in Jesus’ name,

Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt, PhD
    Who is Dr. Chaps? Bio here.

P.S. Prefer to donate by postal mail? Please write: The Pray In Jesus Name Project, PO Box 77077, Colorado Springs, CO 80970
    Tagged as: chaplain klingenschmitt, general william boykin, military freedom, pray in jesus name, religious freedom, william boykin

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....n-take-action/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can see Prayer Rugs in the Military being a Standard Issue Item

and Obama having soldiers bow to Mecca for prayer

Make NO Mistake

This is coming from Obama

GENERAL CONFIRMS 'OPEN HOSTILITY' TO CHRISTIANS IN U.S. MILITARY
    The U.S. military's "open hostility" to Christians came into full view this week with threats of court martial for service personnel who share their faith.
    Even though the military has backed off a bit, it's not enough for THIS general ...

WND RADIO

'OPEN HOSTILITY' TO CHRISTIANS IN U.S. MILITARY

Gen. Boykin reacts to Pentagon court-martial claims

Published: 20 hours ago

Video at the Page Link: http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/open-host...SYGBYc2W8Ao.99

Last month, Pentagon officials met with an activist committed to removing Christianity from the U.S. military.

Michael “Mikey” Weinstein, the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, has called the practice of Christians in the service sharing their faith “spiritual rape.” He has also led efforts to remove Bibles from lodging affiliated with the U.S. Air Force Academy and successfully pursued a policy that forbids guests from bringing Bibles to patients at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Now Weinstein’s wants the Pentagon to vigorously enforce an existing policy against proselytizing in the military. The Pentagon’s responded by issuing this written statement:

“Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense,” the Pentagon statement read in part. “Court-martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis.”

A firestorm then erupted amid fears of court-martials for service members who share their Christian faith, and the Pentagon was forced to backtrack in an effort to quiet the protests.
    “Service members can share their faith (evangelize), but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one’s beliefs (proselytization),” Pentagon spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christensen said in a written statement.

That’s not good enough for retired U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, who is now executive vice president at the Family Research Council.

“We’d like to get a statement saying exactly what assurances Mikey Weinstein did get from the Air Force,” Boykin told WND. “So we’ll be satisfied as soon as they tell us either that Mikey Weinstein is lying or give us an account of what those assurances were so that we understand the depth of the issue and the depth of the problem.”

Activists like Weinstein argue any Christian witnessing should be off limits, while others say it should only mean service members cannot pressure or coerce others to convert.

Boykin said the FRC strongly agrees that there should be no coercion of anyone to convert to any faith, but he believes there are critical questions still unanswered and he’s seeking a meeting of his own with Pentagon officials.

“If they will tell us that and give us the assurance that living their faith and sharing their faith is a protected right then we’ll be satisfied,” said Boykin.

The general said the concern over an erosion on religious freedom in the military is legitimate because “open hostility” against Christians is well documented and getting worse in the Armed Forces.

Boykin claimed “the administration would be very happy” if the vestiges of Christianity” were removed from the military.

One of Boykin’s greatest disappointments is the absence of high-ranking military officers willing to stand up for their forces and their rights.

“There has not been enough courage demonstrated by the senior leaders. I’d like to see the senior leaders in our military show some leadership, show some courage on this kind of issue.”

If the pattern of religious hostility persists, Boykin says young people and their families will simply decide military service is not worth the assault on their values.

“They will see this as an anti-Christian environment and they will see it as a suppression of the faith of their sons and daughters,” said Boykin.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/open-host...SYGBYc2W8Ao.99

Shits going from bad to worse