Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Just so everyone know Tony Gonzalez, a hispanic football player, just broke the NFL record for most Touchdowns after a tight end in history. Expect the NFL to be stupid and play spanish ads next year promoting that.

I love Tony G., Chiefs are my favorite team. I would like to see the NFL highlight his accomplishments in english though!
    he is not a hispanic player. hes american with a hispanic background who went and took some classes to learn the language and the history for his family background. before this, he said in interviews, he could NOT speak a word of spanish

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Just so everyone know Tony Gonzalez, a hispanic football player, just broke the NFL record for most Touchdowns after a tight end in history. Expect the NFL to be stupid and play spanish ads next year promoting that.

I love Tony G., Chiefs are my favorite team. I would like to see the NFL highlight his accomplishments in english though!
    he is not a hispanic player. hes american with a hispanic background who went and took some classes to learn the language and the history for his family background. before this, he said in interviews, he could NOT speak a word of spanish
    And good for him for setting the record straight. I have a Hispanic last name (through marriage) and I am constantly getting mail in Spanish. I am getting ready to call Sears on Monday and raise h*** at whoever will listen because they sent me something on Friday in Spanish. I pity my kids because they don't speak a lick of it and for that matter my husband doesn't speak it very well either!

And good for him for setting the record straight. I have a Hispanic last name (through marriage) and I am constantly getting mail in Spanish. I am getting ready to call Sears on Monday and raise h*** at whoever will listen because they sent me something on Friday in Spanish. I pity my kids because they don't speak a lick of it and for that matter my husband doesn't speak it very well either!
    I HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM. I ALWAYS MARK THOSE "RETURN TO SENDER" AND STICK THEM BACK IN THE MAILBOX. I DONT BUY ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT HAS SPANISH ANYWHERE ON IT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I won't buy a product with Spanish printed on it

Hey "redpony353" I think that is a great idea and I will do the same. From now on I will not buy any product or service that has Spanish on it. This will be a challenge because sooo much is in Spanish now but I can do it. I must..hit them in the pocketbook.

I was watching I think the end of the Cowboy-Pats game after the Charger game when a commercial came on in spanish with a cowboy. I turned it off. Not every hispanic speaks spanish and if it's hispanic heritage month these advertisers need to realize that. I am considered to be hispanic and I don't speak one word of spanish so I am sick and tired of hispanic=spanish speaking, I am an AMERICAN and I speak the language of my country! This is the USA, we speak English here it's part of our culture and ignorant people need to start realizing this fact! I'm sick of being treated with this level of disrepect just because I don't speak spanish. Since when is it a crime to speak English? In Mexico they speak spanish, imagine if we went there and demanded they take the time to learn our language just because we want them to. The ones here illegally refuse so I don't understand why we're so quick to meet illegals demands and have everything in english/spanish. Is nothing in this country sacred anymore? I love football and hated that I had to turn it off but hey I won't be party to this if it means giving up football on SNF then so be it. Does anyone know who I can complain to about this? Much appreciated!

I watched that Dallas-Patriots game and where I live there were no Spanish commercials.

Go Patriots!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

We went to a local sports pub Sunday to watch the games and eat dinner. The majority of the fans were of hispanic background. I was totally astonished that I did not hear one word of Spanish for the time we were there. I think the only Spanish word I hear was Corona.

Skins-Packers game had the Cowboy speaking Spanish commerical here in NH on our Fox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12