Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NJ: A 'Different' Kind Of Immigrant

A 'different' kind of immigrant

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Letter To the Editor:

I attended the anti-illegal immigration rally in support of Morristown Mayor Donald Cresitello.

Unfortunately, our federal government does not have the will to seal our borders. It continues to look the other way when it comes to enforcing our immigration laws. Mayor Cresitello should be applauded, not demonized, for wanting to enforce our laws against illegal immigration at the local level.

As I approached the crowd along the sidewalk, I was troubled by what I saw and heard. The immigrants and their supporters were enthusiastically waving the Communist flag.

There was not one American flag in sight. I heard chanting of "Nazi" "racist" and "fascist" directed toward the police and the crowd at town hall. There were many signs echoing the same rhetoric. I heard chanting and catcalls during the playing of the "Star Spangled Banner." I heard the same when silence was requested to honor our troops. Is this the way immigrants, both legal and illegal, want to be portrayed?

America has a long and proud tradition of accepting legal immigrants into our country, who wish to become citizens and partake of the American Dream.

We are a country who honors those who work hard, obey the law, learn the language, assimilate into our culture, become productive citizens, and show respect for and love of America.

We will continue to welcome legal immigrants who share our values. Sadly, I saw no evidence of such immigrants along South Street that day.

donald eberhardt

Morris Plains

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 7708080378
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE WE WANT IN OUR COUNTRY. WHEN THEY PROTEST IN THIS MANNER, I OFTEN WONDER WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE APPEALING TO. WHO DO THEY THINK WILL BE RECEPTIVE TO THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)