Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No To Amnesty March on Washington

Greetings:

So far, two here have shown and interst in trying to organize a march on Washington, or perhaps smaller protests held at local offices of our federally elected officials.

In the hopes of fostering discussion this matter, and moving the ball foward I have just put up a message board where said issue can be discussed out of the proverbial public eye. If you are interested in this, would like to volunteer time, money or sit on a committee, please email me at beltwaypintobean@aol.com to get the link to this new message board so that we can get the discussion started in a more private setting.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I understand why you want to march on Washington, but a marches sole purpose it to prove solidarity and the injustice being done to Americans. Perhaps you should look at doing the march in LA, San Dieago, San Jose, Phoenix, Houston, Albaquerqe, Dallas, San Antonio or Oklahoma City. These are big cities largley affected by this amnesty proposal and full of illegal immigrants. Perhaps a march on them would cause more controversy and gain better national and international exposure.

On a second point I would say to bide your time and focus on a march a few months from now to get the planning down. I would suggest the weekend before the 4th of July since we here in America will be focused on our national pride.

I would suggest getting a website with the basic information. Like www.illegalmarch.org and post the why, what, where, and whens.

To Dragon

Everyone assumes this is just a Southwest issue...check statistics, and you will find that the New York metro area (which includes New Jersey) has the third largest problem with illegals in the nation based on shear numbers. I think the problem seems more prevalent in the South West because A) it is the entry point for these criminals, and B) as smaller communities, the problem is much more easily visiable than it is in a major metro area the size of New York.

Putting up a website:

I spent some time yesterday putting up a message board where the basic premise of organizing a march could be discussed, where we could decide the merits of it, and when to time such and event. I've invited members here to email me privately at beltwaypintobean@aol.com to get the link so that said conversation could be held out of sight from certain groups who lurk here trying to stay abreast of what we are up to. So far, I have had only one member drop me a note requesting said link so that the discussion could begin.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Virginia and NC, not all that far from Washington, DC. have huge illegal alien problems as well.

I have personally seen the problem from both ends of the spectrum. And I see it growing annually because I am in the unique position of spending considerable amounts of time each year in the Southwest as well as on the East Coast. My Southwest experience with a hoard of illegals is the reason I fight. I don't want them branching out any furhter and I want them stopped before more arrive. We are going to have to find a way to force the government to see America through the eyes of Americans who don't live in gated communities.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree...think a good start, is that every one in this fight needs to read Upton Sincliar's, "The Jungle" so that they remember the sacrifice and the fight it took to get what we have now.

Hey, if someone organizes a march anywhere within 100 miles of my home here in NC, I'll be the first one to be there. I think it's time that NC stands up and says, "ENOUGH". We don't just have a flood of illegals, we have a whole fricking Tsunami of them ruining our way of life
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

What about RUMBLE AT THE RANCH in MAY??????

I told you they NEED TO RENAME THAT CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!

I think thats the BEST BET, as you will have hopefully 200+ people, but they need to advertise it, maybe as a minuteman thing.....

I am afraid you missed my point. I know that illegal immigration affects all the continental states. The point here is to force this issue into mainstream America in a hardcore way.

You see everyone marches on Washington DC for their cause. It's not as effective as it once was. By marching on a large city filled with illegal immigrants in an area more affected by this problem than others you will showcase your point and draw a ton of critiscism and support, both good things.

Dragons 5:

I don't care where you March, as long as we March, and do it in large numbers.

Washington DC has advantages:

1) Many of us can arrive early, and have pre-aaranged appointments for a sit down with our elected officials.

2) We can also make arrangement for mini-protests in front of their offices before the BIG MARCH.

3) Like it or not, EVERY major news media source in the world has a field office somewhere in Washington, DC.

I do disagree with you on some level...certain marches have lost favor, have been over done in Washington, so they do not get the attention they once got...but seriously, if for instance Lou Dobbs got word we were having a march...he and CNN would be ALL OVER IT.

Further, we could bring a few choice groups together...for instance when you look at the crisis with eminent domain, those Americans are suffering from a similiar plight, are having the issue ignored by Congress because of BIG MONEY interest in maintaining the status quo. So, bring them into the march, we can air ALL OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY in front of the White House, and drag these issues out into the light of mainstream media in a big way.

Holding the rally/march in say Santa Fe creates some logistical problems, especially in maxing out public participation. If you look at the demographics of American, the largest possible population base lives within much easier access to Washington than out in the Southwest. I doubt seriously that we could get a million people out to the Southwest, but guessing we could get a million people to Washington, DC.