Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No More Applebee's For Me

I went to an Applebee's restaurant tonight for dinner. I had not been there for awhile. I was shocked to see that Applebee's menu is now more Mexican than a Mexican restaurant.

Sigh! One more to mark off the list, I have to say, I much prefer my wifes cooking to any of them! It is getting easier and easier to just eat at home, my wife does complain a little though.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Same here

I perfer to cook than have us eat out not knowing who is handling the food!
    Besides, I don't use hamburger helper and things like this. I try to use fresh or frozen. Less salt and fat not to mention I KNOW I WASH MY HANDS!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

idea

Maybe you could BBQ a few days a week and give your wife a break from cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Sigh! One more to mark off the list, I have to say, I much prefer my wifes cooking to any of them! It is getting easier and easier to just eat at home, my wife does complain a little though.
    We the People. You the Invader

Hubby and I are getting away from eating out too. He found out that I really can cook despite me telling him otherwise.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

About 6 years ago, a personal friend of mine, who is a nurse at the psychiatric hospital where I worked had told me that her daughter, and son-in-law went out to eat at Applebee's, and that he became violently sick during his meal. An ambulance was called, and he was taken to the hospital. His wife took the food he was eating, with them to the hospital, and the findings were abundant tracings of human feces on the steak that he had ordered. I have never went to an Applebee's since then. This is a true story, and anyone living in NE Pennsylvania, I'd be glad to give you the location of this restaurant. I love to go out to dinner, but with stories about food handlers, and their lack of experience, I do much more cooking at home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Posie
    About 6 years ago, a personal friend of mine, who is a nurse at the psychiatric hospital where I worked had told me that her daughter, and son-in-law went out to eat at Applebee's, and that he became violently sick during his meal. An ambulance was called, and he was taken to the hospital. His wife took the food he was eating, with them to the hospital, and the findings were abundant tracings of human feces on the steak that he had ordered. I have never went to an Applebee's since then. This is a true story, and anyone living in NE Pennsylvania, I'd be glad to give you the location of this restaurant. I love to go out to dinner, but with stories about food handlers, and their lack of experience, I do much more cooking at home.
    Did he order the Shrabster?

** apologies for the obscure Adult Swim reference **

Never liked Applebees. I always thought their food tasted like garbage and the service is always atrocious.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Hubby and I are getting away from eating out too. He found out that I really can cook despite me telling him otherwise.
    I do all the cooking in our house, my wife cleans. We have chosen to quit eating out as the food is not very good, it is expensive and I like to be able to speak and hear English where I eat. It seems like every time we go out anymore all you here is Spanish. Then some Spanish lady has wear an entire bottle of perfume so that’s how you food tastes. I do not like my food to taste like Wal-Mart 2.99 a bottle “smells like cat urine” Musk.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

American_made,

I got away with it for 6 years, hehe. His job was cooking, washing the dishes and taking out the trash. I had everything else covered (yardwork, handyman stuff, even getting on the roof to put up Christmas lights).

We've had food poisoning 3 times within the last year (from different places) so needless to say that was incentive to cook at home. Not to mention we want to start a family and I insisted we start eating better.

And you are right, it's just too expensive to eat out anyway.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast