Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

NO NAU SAYS DEMINT

I guess he never got a copy of The Late Great U.S.A.

Dear MXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) and the establishment of a North American Union. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

T he SPP began in 2005 by President Bush and the leaders of Canada and Mexico as a cooperative dialogue between the three countries. The goal of the SPP is to advance the security and prosperity of the three countries through r egulatory cooperation that improves consumer safety , international trade , management of infectious disease , and response to terrorism threats. Details regarding this initiative can be found at the SPP's website, which is www.spp.gov .

The SPP does not lead to, nor would I support, the creation of a North American Union. The SPP does not merge the borders of the countries, system s of government, or currencies . It is designed only to be a working discussion group and cannot create laws or affect the legal status between the countries . Additionally, the SPP does not enhance or modify NAFTA in any way.

You may be interested to know that Congressman Virgil Goode of Virginia has introduced H.Con.Res.40 to the House of Representatives. This resolution expresses wariness over the crea tion of a North American Union with Mexico and Canada . Rest assured, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind should this legislation be brought to the Senate floor for a vote.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about anything important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of South Carolina .

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
    United States Senator

***Disclaimer: Please do not respond to this message, as this e-mail address is not setup to accept incoming emails. If you would like to send further correspondence to my office, please click on this Contact link which will direct you to the contact page on my website.
    Thank you.***

I wonder if DeMint is just playing dumb, or if he's just clueless as to the inevitable incrementalism, when it comes to "agreements" like the SPP.

Senator DeMint, do a little research concerning how the EU evolved into existence.

You need to set up a true or false poll to go with his response. I vote false! These senators are traitors but they are not stupid, they know exactly what is going on. I got the same ridiculous letter from Lugar.