Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They did it the right way. It's the backlog of applications (much of it because of all those family members who rode in on the coattails of illegal entrants etc) and the unfortunate mix of nationalities in that marriage. They are not "overstayers" nor did they sneak in.

If we treat legal entrants with disrespect and a callous disregard for their tragic situation we don't deserve the moral high ground.

The way I understand the story is these poor people are caught without a homeland to even go back to. I hope that immigration finds some humane answer, seeing it caused them the problem in the first place by delaying the paperwork.

Legal immigrants are not the problem, and our government shouldn't be in the business of making further problems for them. It's hard enough to be trying to settle in another land without all this hassle they've had to go through. And now the threat of their family getting split up. So sad.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

I think this is a case of inept immigration offices that cannot handle ANYTHING PROPERLY.

Having worked for the federal government, I would hate to tell you the crap that goes on. I never saw so many lazy, do-nothing free-loaders in my life.

Yes, to the hypocrisy of our federal government allowing millions of illegals to come here.

I can't see, however, that 'case by case' will serve us well. That kind of power or decision making in the hands of bureaucrats and politicians leads to all manner of graft and corruption. Goodness knows, they don't need any other opportunities. It will also lead to only ones with enough money to pay off officials getting in and that isn't always the best people to come to this country.

I suspect this couple tried the asylum route because they thought it would be easier and more of a sure thing than just applying for citizenship.

It is a bad situation all the way around.

As someone mentioned, if a law is passed and she is allowed to stay, then Katy-bar-the-door, because millions of illegals will use it to stay. That may be the reason this is being done. Our government is not above choosing a battle in order to get something done they want. Something will be worked out - but perhaps not before the government has milked it for all its worth and used it to change our immigration laws.

Yes, if a law is passed, then the question of anchor babies and their families, is forever decided. They are here to stay - no questions asked.

Why is this woman being singled out when millions of people have come here with a visas and just stayed? Our government has made no attempt to find them.

I think something will be provided for this person - but understand if it is a new law or if it is nothing more than a legal decision to let her stay - it will be applied to the anchor babies and even illegals. It could be very far reaching and much more than just this one case. Her family might get to stay - and I hope for the best - but our families could be ruined by the decision.

The solution could be something as simple as her going to Jordan for a time and returning on another visa and then reapplying. We don't need a law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Granted some issues in our immigration laws need to be fixed (one at a time) but between political prisoners and refugees from Americas enemies and illegal immigrants that sneak into this country are 2 separate issues and should not be handled the same!!! If the US is causing another countries citizens to leave an area with no where to go and come the the state department looking of asylum that to me is OK, but an illegal jumping the border then asking for jobs, rights, and everything under the sun is wrong! But also is there other countries on this planet taking refugees openly like the US??? I doubt it!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

These people were Palestinians born in Kuwait. While I realize we have had done a lot of things in the ME, it would seem if their parents were welcome enough in Kuwait to have childen there, how exactly did they need to come to America for Asylum.

I wish we knew more of the story.

Again, dollars to donuts, she could return for a short time to Jordan, then get an expediated visas and start all over again.

Again, I suspect this is being put out there to desensitize us to any anchor baby, 'having put down roots' type excuses that will be given.

Our government is not above and frequently does things like this. When the people get fed up and demand action, they find the less egregious situation they can and play hardball - when we back down - there goes any action.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123