Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rockfish.....I've wondered along those lines myself. When they give the one type of visas those people come here and agree to work for that employer and they aren't allowed to quit without being deported. If I'm not mistaken, their spouse is not allowed to work either. The problem is the enforcement end of any of these visas. They simply do not follow through with them. There's alot that came here legally that overstayed their visa. There's students that never left. Visitors that never left. Until they can come up with the people to do the enforcing end of this.....no agreements are any good. Then you have those that have applied and gone by the book and they're stuck in an endless limbo waiting. If they're here on a work visa and apply for citizenship they could be working for a real jerk or something could happen where they need to make more money and they are held hostage not able to do anything without risking their citizenship chances. There's definate flaws but opening the borders and granting amnesty isn't the answer. They just don't want to do anything about the severe lack of people to do the job that's required in the follow through of any of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Crazybird--I agree with most of what you are saying..If the problem is truely lack of will to enforce, then to address it would mean a lot of new enforcement jobs run by the government..something republicans are reluctant to do..they don't like big government (I realize that the bill states 1500 new border agents). Border security and immigration are not something that can be subcontracted out either. The government has to grow. I'm for it and I'm for raising taxes to pay for it. We are already borrowing too much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it is lack of will and manpower to do the jobs. They've never enforced the laws since the last amnesty.

I just remember when I was in college in the 70's. There were alot of foreign students. They couldn't even have a failing grade without being deported. If they got in legal trouble they were deported. They had to report if they moved within a very short period of time. They were really on employers in the area for proof of citizenship so these kids couldn't take jobs from citizens. Especially kitchen and restaurant jobs or cleaning services, etc. The office kept close records on attendance of any of the foreign students and they reported it immediatly. I had friends and know they were under a microscope all the time. If they left to go home on break they had to report in and out. Depending on the country, some were allowed to get a drivers license and have a car. Others weren't. Like the Canadian students could drive but ones from Asian countries couldn't. I personally don't recall any foreign students who planned to apply for citizenship here. There were marraiges but it was the Americans who left to go to their spouses country. Had one go to France, another to Italy, one to Australia, a couple to South Africa and a couple to Canada and one to the Middle East somewhere. I just know there were rules and they were enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Had-enuf Thats a good idea but I'd be afraid of the chemicals they would use to save money, not to mention other contaminates.
    It's already happening.........

Each year Mexico supplies almost 8 billion pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables to the U.S. That is almost 40 percent of all produce consumed during the winter months alone. Because Mexico benefits from diverse microclimates, growers supply many key produce items all year long.
    http://www.freshfrommexico.com/foodservice.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12