Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"NEWSFLASH"...They are still crossing illegally. They have just moved to easier,more profitable construction work. Here's an idea..Pay a decent wage and maybe you will get some Americans back in those feilds. As a consumer, I would have no issue at all paying more for American harvested produce. Johnny

Maybe they can drive down to a local Norcal area Home Depot parking lot, plenty of illegal aliens still standing around available. Oh yeah, they must need the illegal aliens that are doing the jobs Americans and our present bunch of 38 million? illegal aliens won't do...Sounds like some planted B/S story by California's Senators.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

If these occupiers of the whitewashed house are not voted out soon , we will all be in serious trouble ! It seems to get more insane everyday .

Ballot not bullets . Surely we can fight peaceflly .

Our young men and women are dying for this nation while we give it away . They will come back here and be ruled by degenerants and criminals . Not to speak of our ancesters who paid the price for us to live in acivilized nation .

No workers???? And why would that be??? CA is practically No. Mexico.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

OH WE CANT GET WORKERS..BLAH BLAH.....THE FRUIT IS ROTTING...BLAH BLAH...WE WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS...BLAH BLAH....WE NEED SLAVES...BLAH BLAH....GUEST WORKER FORMS ARE TOO HARD...BLAH BLAH. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ILLEGALS...BLAH BLAH. THE SHELVES WILL BE EMPTY...BLAH BLAH. CONSUMERS WILL HAVE TO PAY $100 FOR A PEANUT ...BLAH BLAH. THIS IS ALL BS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The way I see it is that the farm workers are jumping up a class and going into the construction and landscaping business. These businesses have caught on to being to pay lower wages leaving the farmers high and dry.

It all comes down to offering an acceptable wage and they will get the workers. They just don't want to do that. Well, woe is me. I will buy from the independent Mom and Pop farmers for produce. There seems to be ample quantities around my area and boy does it taste good.

I am glad I am not in the market to buy a new house right now. I would hate to know that corners had been cut and built by unskilled labor.

Produce To Be Picked

I never understand what the big problem is with this. Let's go on the assumption it's difficult to get Americans to do this work (I know alot of you disagree) - so you set up a system where migrant workers work for two months or whatever and then go home. If there is concern that they will try to stay build some kind of incentives in - like witholding part of their pay until they have returned home, or something like that. It must be doable.

These farmers are fools. Before I would let my livlhood rot, I'd hire some labors at a high enough rate to pick the fruit. That's not going to happen because this problem doesn't exist. If they let their fruit rot, then they deserve it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmm.... millions of dollars in lost product for thousands of farmers, or billions of dollars spent on illegals? I htink we can kick out the illegals and help out the farmers. That way, they can pay decent wages and have americans pick their fruit. Deal?

It's all a part of their strategy. The farmers aren't suffering. They're being subsidized by the government, and laughing all the way to the bank. We can expect to hear more of this garbage as they try to get the AgJobs passed. Corruption and Greed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast