Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Right Thelma, what good is it for the politicians here to talk of issues with the public schools if they are so overrun with illegal children that our own kids cannot get a decent education, using the resources we pay for, but the illegals do not.
    Personally we probably will not put our kids back into public schools ever again. I would like to get them into a private school (let me tell you, homeschooling is hard on the parent doing it!!). Our schools and jail situation here is so unbeleivable that I cannot imagine why no one in public office has had the decency to admit its all out of control now and that there is no way with all the illegals here that they will ever have a handle on it till the illegals have been deported.
    Schools here have gone downhill so fast and two things are to blame, one is illegal clogging up the system, and second is teacher tenure (allowing those lousy teachers to keep their jobs even when they are less than lack luster in their job performance).
    Also something to fight for locally Thelma, whenever you're out and about, and happen to notice a Hispanic business with a Mexican flag, but no American flag, call them on it. According to someone here on this board, there must be an American flag above it, it cannot be up alone, and the American flag must always be above it. For moral support of that check with your local VFW. According to my mother, she thinks it is true, and any VFW and American Legion would be behind any person making a fuss about it 100%.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

okay will do- did you check out my news articles on oregon schools on the news page?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Just read it, was this in the Oregonian? I am usually good about reading the paper everyday, but I must have missed that day, we had been busy last week. My son had been in the Gresham/Barlow District when we had all those troubles with that teacher of his. I had told her that all it took was for him to get some in school tutoring, she said no, they did not have Title One programs there. Thats when she decided that he was "mentally challenged" (remember this is the same kid who ran hs own little water bottle business that summer earning nearly $300.00). She bugged the crud out of us all year to have him "tested", and she refused all year to give him any help, she'd send him in the hall when he raised his hand for help.
    This is my impression of teachers down here these days. Also when my oldest was in the Reynolds district, they started the "Goals 2000" program when she was in 7th grade. They did not provide math text books for that year and for 8th grade. They pushed my daughter onto the high school with a GPA of 1.7. When she began to falter, they would not do anything to get her the help she needed, and when she got so far behind, they suggested she just drop out and get her GED.
    I have little desire to have my kids in this system anymore, my son said all year if he spoke up one time (goofing off) that the teacher would refer him to the principal or give him a referral, but when the Hispanic kids would act out and misbehave, she would not say much other than "sit down". When approached by us on this issue, she made this statement "when I'm dealing with the Hispanic kids its different, they don't have the same grasp on the expectations of our school system, like the American kids do"!!!! So what she was saying is by fifth grade these kids are still not expected to understand the rules so they can pull all sorts of BS and get away with it. The most my son ever did that she said she was offended by was to ask out loud in the classroom "why do the Mexican kids get away with all sorts of stuff and you get mad over me just speaking my mind?" to that she sent him to the principal with a note saying he had been acting in a racist manner. I spoke with the principal about it and said the teacher is the one that made it a racist matter by singling out the Mexican kids for preferential treatment within the classroom. He agreed. From that time on the teacher had been on our sons ass and ours as well.
    Is this an isolated case? No, not from what I've heard from other parents. Well this is off the subject sort of of Glenns original message, sorry Glenn. Just kind of ties in with the whole thing of our liberalist, bleeding heart society in the Northwest that the politicians have fallen into as well.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That sounded suspiciously like what McCain wrote to me only there was more crap in it about amesty...er excuse me...guest worker visas. I think my letter went on for 3 pages. I didn't read it all. I just threw it away but now I wish I hadn't. I wonder if they all use the same form letter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12