Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

North border not same as southern

North border not same as southern

February 11, 2008 - 11:01PM

I read with interest The Sun's Jan. 28 editorial ("Canada border must be part of security efforts"). I'm sure it was written by someone who has never had any experience with the northern borders of our country.

To make a statement or assume that the northern border is similar to the southern border immediately shows the writer's ignorance. The only similarity between the south and north borders is the fact that they border the U.S.

For your information, we do not have a free flow of people and vehicles back and forth over the border. You can't just walk into Canada without reporting who you are, where you were born and your destination in Canada. And it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

One major difference on the north border is the fact that we all speak the same language! Also, the Canadians have the same living conditions and our governments are similar. So we don't have people trying to run our border to gain a better way of life.

The threat of terrorism is minor compared to the threat of being overrun by thousands of illegal aliens. Granted there is corruption in every government, but ours is nothing compared to the corruption south of our border.

I have lived all my life near the north border and have never witnessed the things I have seen in Yuma on the south border. We have never had our Border Patrol fired on or rocks from Canadians thrown at them.

I don't believe we have ever had a Border Patrol agent killed as happened here recently. And I have never seen a Canadian swimming across Rainy River between Ontario and Minnesota to get to the U.S.

MARLYS TVEIT, Yuma

www.yumasun.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But bu bu the terrorists. If you have Conservatives demanding that we must secure the Southern border to keep out terrorists then logically you must secure the Northern border too or else you'd all be seen as hypocritical. Last time I checked, there were terrorists in Canada planning to come across the porous Northern border, yet you still think we should leave it wide open? If you do then you're obviously not a patriot.

Plus, Canadian money is now worth more than our money. So, why would they even want to come here??

However, a new problem is that a lot of illegals are now entering our country through our northern border, because it has become easier!!!

And in general, Canadians are far MORE EDUCATED and REFINED than the scruggy illegals from Mexico southward!

IMO, the one who wrote this article is the ignorant one . Calling people ignorant who have proof that the illegals who cross the nothern border are suspected of ties with terror is not only foolish but deadly .

We know that Canada is very complacent with the muslims who enter their nation . Also one of the Canadian provinces is already talking about allowing Sharia law .

Even the Brits are considering sharia law as the news has stated the Cardinal sees no problem with it .

Mexicans are turning America into thrid world . Radical muslims will benefit from this . Mexico should be our first priority, but we can't ignore the danger of radical islam at the same time .

As far as some muslims being better educated thats true, but remember all the 911 highjackers and most of the others are well educated too . Education only makes radicals more dangerous .

Canada keeps a better watch on the border than Mexico does.

The Canadian government doesn't give out books on how to get over the border illegally. The Canadian government respects our laws. The Canadian government takes responsibility of its own people. The Canadian government is honest and dignified.

Theres NOT MUCH praise I can give to the Mexican government. Actually there is none.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Google " American northern border, terorist " .

Why do people insist the northern border is safe and qell guarded ? It is twice as long as the southern .

I have worked long and hard to protect the mexican border and will continue to do so , but not with a blind eye to radicals who are entering up north who want to kill my family or subject us to radical islam .

Why does speaking against radicals make so many angry? Why is the truth so damn un-popular with so many people ?

According to the Canadian intelegence service ,aka ," CSIS " most of the worlds Terror groups are established in canada . FIFTY TERROR GROUPS knwn in canada .
    Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Re: North border not same as southern

For anyone who thinks the northern border is a non-issue, please think again.

Just because we don't have an issue of millions of Canadians trying to cross our northern borders illegally doesn't mean it's not a security risk. Chertoff recently stated that the northern border is more of a security risk with regard to terrorism than our southern border. The would be millenium bomber came over the northern border trying to get to LAX to blow it up. The 911 hijackers didn't come across the southern border, they came in from Canada. There's some articles on this site, http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/ with even more information about what's going on with terror related activity around our northern border.

Using questionable statements to build an argument for protecting our southern border does not help the fight against amnesty.

I dont think anyone is suggesting that a terrorist can come across the
    norther border but with the flood of illegals swarming in from the south,
    I think the southern border is most in need of securing.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Catslave
    I dont think anyone is suggesting that a terrorist can come across the
    norther border but with the flood of illegals swarming in from the south,
    I think the southern border is most in need of securing.

I agree . But I also think some concern should go to the north as well .

It's is like saying we must stop the heavy leak in our living room and ignore the flood in our kitchens . Repairing one without the other is not wise . I will not stop fighting the southern borders . I have been doing this for years , even before Alipac was a website .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast