Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: North border not same as southern

Quote Originally Posted by aquarium7
    For anyone who thinks the northern border is a non-issue, please think again.

Just because we don't have an issue of millions of Canadians trying to cross our northern borders illegally doesn't mean it's not a security risk. Chertoff recently stated that the northern border is more of a security risk with regard to terrorism than our southern border. The would be millenium bomber came over the northern border trying to get to LAX to blow it up. The 911 hijackers didn't come across the southern border, they came in from Canada. There's some articles on this site, http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/ with even more information about what's going on with terror related activity around our northern border.

Using questionable statements to build an argument for protecting our southern border does not help the fight against amnesty.
    "For anyone who thinks the northern border is a non-issue, please think again."

I agree. However, I think that most people think that Canada watches the border a lot closer than Mexico, but that is impossible----because there are too many miles and not enough men.

Both borders should be completely closed. Now that a large number of illegals are leaving the US and heading to Canada, I think that Canada would agree as well.

Just google ' American Northern border ,terror ' and weep !

it's like 28 agents for 4000 miles, one for every 780 miles or something like that . Forgot the numbers, but it's on plenty of websites .

I have heard of a few incidents of drug smuggling at the Canadian border. But the border with Canada is not problem to America. You don't hear stories of people jumping the border to get into America you don't hear stories of Canadians threating the lives of border patrol agents. I do feel for safety and the threat of terroism there should be concern at the Canadian border but the real problem is the Mexican border.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12