Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Note about Posting News Articles

I would like to offer everyone a little instruction about posting news articles.

I've noticed that often duplicates happen because one poster post in the proper topic and another doesn't. There is a trend for everyone to post things in News Stories, even though it belongs in Other Topics or Other Groups. Please consider this when posting news articles and make an effort to place them in the proper Topic. I feel this will help reduce the number of duplicate post.

Additionally, please do not post just links to news articles from the original site. Post the whole article and the link under the article, in the proper news topic.

Also, please do not post articles in General Discussion because you can discuss the article in News.

Thanks, Dixie

News Stories from ALIPAC Members
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... wforum&f=6

Articles must be on the topics of illegal immigration, aliens, gangs, laws, campaigns, legal immigrantion, terrorists, Americans, border patrol, and security.

Other Topics News and Issues
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... forum&f=19

For discussions and news that are not on the topic of illegal immigration and immigration. (Like NAU, SPP or the Mexican Trucks)

News & Releases from Other Groups
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... wforum&f=4

News & Announcements from other Immigration Reform (IR) groups.
    (Like Numbers and FAIR)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also would like to add that this thread is for General Discussion and not News articles please.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi Dixie.
    I am guilty of posting some dupes. And I do apologize because I know you work hard to prevent this from happening. But I use the "search" feature and type in the title and also type in the author's name, but it says the article cannot be found. Sometimes newspapers will publish the same article under their own title, which is how some get duped. I do promise to be alot more careful.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean

I have had the same problem and it is almost impossible to cull out all the duplicates.

I have had better luck by searching for a phrase out of the body of the article, like: "The rest hug Iowa's western border." When searching for a phrase be sure to check the option 'search for all of terms.'

In some cases it works better to search for a name. This is true when it is the name of someone who has been arrested etc. This does not work when it is a name that frequently appears in news stories as it will generate too many hits.

Finally, it is also helpful to search for the name of the city.

The News Stories is my favorite thread on the site. I do wish some of the computer geeks could come up with a sure way to eliminate the duplicates prior to posting.

Ya, I've had the same problem with search.

I just posted something in General Discussion because its not a news article. In fact the news is keeping it fairly quiet. I got it in an email. I think it could be an article only since it was on Bud somebodies show. I'm not familiar with the name it might be radio. Anyway maybe it should have been in Other Topics. UGH I'll learn
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry folks,

I didn't mean it to sound like a grump. I've posted dups too.

It has just really gotten out of hand lately and I'm trying to get everyone on the same page. Remember, we have some new people and they are learing how we opperate.

If you ever post something in the wrong section, please ask one of us Orange or Green people to help you out because we can move it.

Thanks eveyone for paying attention.

Dixie

bttt
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Sorry folks,

It has just really gotten out of hand lately and I'm trying to get everyone on the same page. Remember, we have some new people and they are learing how we opperate.

If you ever post something in the wrong section, please ask one of us Orange or Green people to help you out because we can move it.

Dixie
    Thanks Dixie for the PM and help. Although, I'm not that new any more I'm still learning. OK I'll ask what is an orange or green person. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Sorry folks,

Dixie
    Thanks Dixie for the PM and help. Although, I'm not that new any more I'm still learning. OK I'll ask what is an orange or green person. LOL
    The moderators names are shown in green and the admins in orange.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Sorry folks,

Dixie
    The moderators names are shown in green and the admins in orange.

Where is that. I don't see any difference on my screen. Is that on some list?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast