Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Reposting a segment of the OP but cleaned up here a bit in the interest of readability:

OVERALL Presidential Candidate Ratings On IMMIGRATION
    How Well Would Each Candidate PROTECT Workers, Communities and Taxpayers FROM OVER-IMMIGRATION?
    (SEE BELOW FOR HOW POINTS WERE ASSIGNED ON 36-POINT SCALE.)

EXCELLENT

DUNCAN HUNTER (34 points)

GOOD

FRED THOMPSON (28 points)
    MITT ROMNEY (22 points)

FAIR

RON PAUL (20 points)
    MIKE HUCKABEE (18 points)

POOR

RUDY GIULIANI (8 points)

BAD

CHRIS DODD (7 points)

JOHN McCAIN (5 points)
    JOE BIDEN (")
    JOHN EDWARDS (")
    DENNIS KUCINICH (")
    BILL RICHARDSON (")

HILLARY CLINTON (4 points)
    BARACK OBAMA (4 points)

====================

HOW POINTS WERE ASSESSED:

Points are based on candidate promises as of 2JAN08 on
    (a) amnesty,
    (b) stoppping future illegal immigration and
    (c) reducing importation of foreign labor competition, plus
    (d) rating of past immigration actions in political office.
    Hey Phred you need to clean your ratings up a bit,Huckabee only has 8 points not 18 and Romney is consider Fair along with Paul.
    No, Numbersusa has upgraded Romney's rating to good!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Many of the pundits are already counting Rudy out, and calling his strategy a disaster. I still think he'll make a comeback. He has the resources and I don't think conservatives in many other states will accept Huckabee & McCain, if they win Iowa and NH.

Hugh Hewitt (a Romney supporter) said that if Romney loses both Iowa and NH, he predicts a long race, like 1976 with Reagan and Ford. He doesn't think Huckabee has a chance for the nom, but conceivably McCain. Resources will matter. But then McCain's record becomes scrutinized and he'll be asked if he will accept public financing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Many of the pundits are already counting Rudy out, and calling his strategy a disaster. I still think he'll make a comeback. He has the resources and I don't think conservatives in many other states will accept Huckabee & McCain, if they win Iowa and NH.

Hugh Hewitt (a Romney supporter) said that if Romney loses both Iowa and NH, he predicts a long race, like 1976 with Reagan and Ford. He doesn't think Huckabee has a chance for the nom, but conceivably McCain. Resources will matter. But then McCain's record becomes scrutinized and he'll be asked if he will accept public financing.
    We have a loooonnnnnnnggggggg battle ahead for us!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    It's funny though. Once Romney gets elected and, like Bush, does not do anything about illegal immigration many of his supporters will be like "Oh! I never trusted him in the first place. I knew he would do this, just look at him. He looks like a salesman." If Bush would have done something about the illegals many of the anti-illegal Conservatives who voted for him wouldn't be calling him dumb or stupid. When the guy turns his back on this one issue it's suddenly "He sucks! I never liked him". lol. Make up your minds people!
    So, what exactly is your suggestion? Who in your mind will do something about the borders, overstayed visas, national security etc?

What should our immigration policy include?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123