Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Newmexican
  • 1 Post By Anders
  • 2 Post By csarbww
  • 1 Post By Anders
  • 1 Post By imblest
  • 2 Post By busseysmom2

Thread: NUMBERS USA DIRECTOR: PAUL RYAN 'IDEOLOGICALLY COMMITTED' TO OPEN BORDERS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Newmexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    33,364

    NUMBERS USA DIRECTOR: PAUL RYAN 'IDEOLOGICALLY COMMITTED' TO OPEN BORDERS

    NUMBERS USA DIRECTOR: PAUL RYAN 'IDEOLOGICALLY COMMITTED' TO OPEN BORDERS




    by TONY LEE
    29 Jul 2013


    The executive director of Numbers USA, a group that opposes the Senate's immigration bill because of the impact it would have on American workers, said he was not hopeful that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) would ever disavow his belief in "open borders."

    Appearing on Breitbart News Sunday with host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon, Roy Beck said he believes Ryan is "ideologically committed to the idea of open borders" because he "comes out of an ideology that just does not accept that the law of supply and demand works when it comes to labor markets."

    He said he was "not very hopeful" that Ryan would abandon those beliefs.

    Beck said Ryan was not a part of the "patriotic libertarianism" wing that recognizes the importance of borders.

    "I don't mean to say he hates America, or anything like that," Beck said. "He just doesn't believe borders are that important."

    Beck claimed Ryan's philosophy was, "if you are going to have goods going back and forth across the border you ought to have people--workers--going back and forth."

    "When you say that, you are saying to that person who has a high school degree because there wasn't any money in his family... No matter what your situation is, you should have to compete with every hungry person around the world that wants to come in and compete with you for a job,'" Beck said. "Now, that's not a nation once you say that."

    He added, "Are we a national community? And does our government exist for us? Is it of us, by us, for us?"

    Beck then noted that Ryan did not meet with unemployed workers last week at his immigration town hall event, even though he met with illegal immigrants. He said someone should ask Ryan how his immigration policy can possibly be for the American worker and noted Ryan argues that more immigrants and guest workers are needed because his district does not have enough workers to man manufacturing plants.

    Beck pointed out that just above Ryan's district is Milwaukee, which has a large black population, many of whom are currently unemployed in the down economy and could do the jobs Ryan claims Americans do not want to do.

    The Wall Street Journal referred to those against open borders--like Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin, and Breitbart News--as being part of the "blood and soil" wing of the Republican Party. Though the Journal was trying to deceptively link the "blood and soil" wing to the fascism in Germany and Italy, host Steve Bannon said that label was "a badge of honor" because, "We consider that the American wing of the Republican Party."

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Open-Borders


    HAPPY2BME and Ratbstard like this.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    19
    Perhaps somewhat ironically, the best thing that can be done to further Libertarianism in the USA is to uphold the borders. Illegal immigration brings a lot of poverty and problems into the country, and it takes a bigger government to deal with these problems. When there are so many poor people who do not have the means to take care of themselves, the government has to do it for them.

    Besides, who do you think all these people are going to vote for? The party that wants less regulation, or the party that wants more government involvement and higher taxes?
    Newmexican likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,201
    One the major arguments used by the open borders lobby is that illegal aliens are necessary to provide the laborers needed for US businesses to function. Ryan often uses that fallacy.

    Look up the "Limits to Growth" web site and search the article "Advances in Farm Robotics Lessen Need for Foreign Workers."

    They are developing robotic machines to cultivate and harvest crops from farmland that now require human laborers. As one farmer sagely observed, "if you can put a man on the moon, you can figure out how to pick fruit with a machine." Robotic development of harvesting machines has been inhibited by the easy availability of cheap (illegal alien) labor but before long it will be a reality.

    What will happen is easy to predict: In ten years machines will pick crops faster and cheaper than people. This will greatly reduce the need for human laborers, who will then have no jobs and qualify for all kinds of welfare. This will greatly exacerbate the debt. The very reason for granting amnesty in the first palace (the need for common laborers) will no longer exist and be replaced by a greatly increased burden on government provided social services. This is how liberalism creates crisis that destroy societies.
    Newmexican and Reciprocity like this.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    One the major arguments used by the open borders lobby is that illegal aliens are necessary to provide the laborers needed for US businesses to function.
    They used that argument during slavery too. Businesses have always wanted cheaper workers.

    There are economists telling our politicians that we need cheap labor so we can "compete" with the rest of the world.
    But should we really be trying to compete with low wage workers in other third world countries??
    We don't have to compete if we don't want to, you know. Just my personal opinion here, but the mounting trade deficit would not be there if it were not for the free trade policies. Our politicians have opened up our markets to global competition, and are now demanding we bring in low wage workers.
    Last edited by Anders; 07-31-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    Newmexican likes this.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    They used that argument during slavery too. Businesses have always wanted cheaper workers.

    There are economists telling our politicians that we need cheap labor so we can "compete" with the rest of the world.
    But should we really be trying to compete with low wage workers in other third world countries??
    We don't have to compete if we don't want to, you know. Just my personal opinion here, but the mounting trade deficit would not be there if it were not for the free trade policies. Our politicians have opened up our markets to global competition, and are now demanding we bring in low wage workers.
    American businesses will simply move overseas to get their cheap labor unfortunately. They're essentially holding a gun to our heads and telling us we either bring them their cheap labor or they'll go get it outside this country. Politicians want to tout their job creation numbers to the low-information voters of both parties, so they give in. We lose either way.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator imblest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,019
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    American businesses will simply move overseas to get their cheap labor unfortunately. They're essentially holding a gun to our heads and telling us we either bring them their cheap labor or they'll go get it outside this country. Politicians want to tout their job creation numbers to the low-information voters of both parties, so they give in. We lose either way.
    If you think this is just about job creation numbers, you need to think again.
    Newmexican likes this.
    Support ALIPAC's FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty -- Join our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    105

    Ryan Begins 2016 Campaigning Early

    It's painfully obvious that Ryan is already starting his run for office in 2016. He wants to be the Republican savior for illegals and will stomp out all things American enroute. Who is representing Americans anymore? Big Business wants cheap labor and suppressed wages, churches want tithers, Democrats want new voters, and Republicans think they need to suck up to illegals and Hispanics. Who loses? The American people, and particularly the unemployed and our poor kids, who will grow up in an overpopulated, polluted, Marxist beehive.

    AUGUST is when our so-called reps are on recess, but we should be working harder than ever this month. They're purposely scheduling all things immigration for after their break, hoping apathetic Americans forget about it so they can slam us with an amnesty for the "poor, poor" children (er, up to age 35?) who were brought here by their law breaking parents.

    Any "Dream" amnesty will cover 75% of the illegals in our country!! It's being represented as a small token for "Dreamers" up to age 35 (this joke is another topic entirely) AND their parents, whom they can directly turn around and sponsor. Basically, a HUGE backdoor amnesty that rewards the illegals who are trespassing and posing as sovereign Americans. Ryan claims they are "at the back of the line" as they continue to live amongst us, taking jobs, overcrowding us, sucking up tax dollars, and lowering the quality of education in our schools. This "back of the line" is pure rhetoric.

    NOW is the time to visit your reps offices, attend townhall meetings, and generally just GET IN THEIR FACES. Do NOT count on the House repelling an amnesty-- to trust this is pure foolishness. Mainstream media is heavily funded by pro-amnesty dynasties and will be spewing lies like never before to delude Americans into thinking that a Dreamer amnesty is small and warranted. IT IS A TROJAN HORSE!!




    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    NUMBERS USA DIRECTOR: PAUL RYAN 'IDEOLOGICALLY COMMITTED' TO OPEN BORDERS




    by TONY LEE
    29 Jul 2013


    The executive director of Numbers USA, a group that opposes the Senate's immigration bill because of the impact it would have on American workers, said he was not hopeful that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) would ever disavow his belief in "open borders."

    Appearing on Breitbart News Sunday with host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon, Roy Beck said he believes Ryan is "ideologically committed to the idea of open borders" because he "comes out of an ideology that just does not accept that the law of supply and demand works when it comes to labor markets."

    He said he was "not very hopeful" that Ryan would abandon those beliefs.

    Beck said Ryan was not a part of the "patriotic libertarianism" wing that recognizes the importance of borders.

    "I don't mean to say he hates America, or anything like that," Beck said. "He just doesn't believe borders are that important."

    Beck claimed Ryan's philosophy was, "if you are going to have goods going back and forth across the border you ought to have people--workers--going back and forth."

    "When you say that, you are saying to that person who has a high school degree because there wasn't any money in his family... No matter what your situation is, you should have to compete with every hungry person around the world that wants to come in and compete with you for a job,'" Beck said. "Now, that's not a nation once you say that."

    He added, "Are we a national community? And does our government exist for us? Is it of us, by us, for us?"

    Beck then noted that Ryan did not meet with unemployed workers last week at his immigration town hall event, even though he met with illegal immigrants. He said someone should ask Ryan how his immigration policy can possibly be for the American worker and noted Ryan argues that more immigrants and guest workers are needed because his district does not have enough workers to man manufacturing plants.

    Beck pointed out that just above Ryan's district is Milwaukee, which has a large black population, many of whom are currently unemployed in the down economy and could do the jobs Ryan claims Americans do not want to do.

    The Wall Street Journal referred to those against open borders--like Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Sarah Palin, and Breitbart News--as being part of the "blood and soil" wing of the Republican Party. Though the Journal was trying to deceptively link the "blood and soil" wing to the fascism in Germany and Italy, host Steve Bannon said that label was "a badge of honor" because, "We consider that the American wing of the Republican Party."

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Open-Borders


    imblest and Newmexican like this.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator imblest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,019
    WELL SAID!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by busseysmom2 View Post
    It's painfully obvious that Ryan is already starting his run for office in 2016. He wants to be the Republican savior for illegals and will stomp out all things American enroute. Who is representing Americans anymore? Big Business wants cheap labor and suppressed wages, churches want tithers, Democrats want new voters, and Republicans think they need to suck up to illegals and Hispanics. Who loses? The American people, and particularly the unemployed and our poor kids, who will grow up in an overpopulated, polluted, Marxist beehive.

    AUGUST is when our so-called reps are on recess, but we should be working harder than ever this month. They're purposely scheduling all things immigration for after their break, hoping apathetic Americans forget about it so they can slam us with an amnesty for the "poor, poor" children (er, up to age 35?) who were brought here by their law breaking parents.

    Any "Dream" amnesty will cover 75% of the illegals in our country!! It's being represented as a small token for "Dreamers" up to age 35 (this joke is another topic entirely) AND their parents, whom they can directly turn around and sponsor. Basically, a HUGE backdoor amnesty that rewards the illegals who are trespassing and posing as sovereign Americans. Ryan claims they are "at the back of the line" as they continue to live amongst us, taking jobs, overcrowding us, sucking up tax dollars, and lowering the quality of education in our schools. This "back of the line" is pure rhetoric.

    NOW is the time to visit your reps offices, attend townhall meetings, and generally just GET IN THEIR FACES. Do NOT count on the House repelling an amnesty-- to trust this is pure foolishness. Mainstream media is heavily funded by pro-amnesty dynasties and will be spewing lies like never before to delude Americans into thinking that a Dreamer amnesty is small and warranted. IT IS A TROJAN HORSE!!
    Support ALIPAC's FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty -- Join our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •