Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Email on Save Act & Lou Dobbs

Date: Friday 9NOV07 2:30 a.m. EST

Bi-partisan SAVE Act to drive illegal aliens home is introduced with 90 signers -- and much fanfare

MOMENTUM IS BUILDING, FRIENDS,

I don't think we've ever seen an effort like this to stop illegal immigration -- 90 politicians putting Party politics aside to finally try to resolve a terrible problem.

The tough SAVE Act (H.R. 408 that we've been preparing you for was finally made public this week. This email will show you a number of ways that this represents a special opportunity.

For starters, here's what the nation saw revealed at the press conference:

TRULY BI-PARTISAN
    * 44 Democratic signers
    * 46 Republican signers

* Main author: A Democrat
    * Standing with him at press conference & on TV shows:
    Republican chairman of Immigration Reform Caucus

COMMITTEE LEADERS FROM BOTH PARTIES (committees and subcommittees)
    * 17 Democrats who are House committee chairmen
    * 22 Republicans who are Ranking committee Members

FROM ALL REGIONS
    * 12 from the East
    * 17 from the Midwest
    * 20 from the West
    * 41 from the South

FRESHMEN DEMS AND GOP RUSH TO BE ORIGINALS ON THIS BILL

Most bills are introduced with only a handful of original co-sponsors. The splash of co-sponsors on H.R. 4088 is really quite extraordinary.

Of the 435 Members of the U.S. House, 20% were original signers.

NEWLY ELECTED FRESHMEN ESPECIALLY EAGER TO BE SEEN AS LEADERS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
    * 42.5% of freshman Democrats signed
    * 41.6% of freshman Republicans signed

It is clear that doing something about illegal immigration was a promise made to voters by most candidates a year ago who defeated incumbents or who won seats vacated by retiring Congressmen.

This crop of freshmen from both Parties has a much greater sense of urgency about the immigration issue than do the top leaders of their Parties.

These freshman Representatives want to become SOPHOMORE Representatives after next fall's elections.

And they know that means they at least have to be seen as having done what it takes to get some immigration enforcement passed.

* 52% of Democrats who defeated a Republican incumbent last year are original co-sponsors

And remember that this is just the beginning.

Now that the bill and its original signers have been made public, we can expect to see many more Members co-sponsoring -- especially if the users of NumbersUSA continue to fax and phone to pressure them.

Those of you responding to our Alerts the last two weeks have sent tens of thousands of faxes and made thousands of phone calls to Members informing them of the details of H.R. 4088. Please don't stop faxing/phoning if your Representative isn't on the list of original co-sponsors.

You can read a Capitol Hill insider assessment of the SAVE Act's great appeal to Democratic freshman at the bottom of this Alert.

FASCINATING CONTRASTS AMONG THE ORIGINAL CO-SPONSORS

If anybody thinks that Members of Congress who support our goals of Attrition Through Enforcement are of one kind, take a look at this:

THE ORIGINAL CO-SPONSORS OF THIS BILL INCLUDE:
    * 2 Members of the Congressional Black Caucus -- Rep. Davis (D-Ala.) and Rep. Bishop (D-Ga.).
    * A Member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus -- Rep. Rodriguez (D-Texas).
    * 2 GOP Presidential Candidates -- Rep. Tancredo (R-Colo.) and Rep. Hunter (R-Calif.)

* Environmentalist favorite, Rep. Udall (D-Colo.)
    * Target of environmentalists, Rep. Doolittle (R-Calif.)

* Anti-war champion, Rep. Murtha (D-Pa.)
    * Bush anti-terrorism supporter, Rep. Rohrabacher (R-Calif.)

* Sponsor of bill to end chain migration, Rep. Gringrey (R-Ga.)
    * Sponsor of bill to end anchor baby policies, Rep. Deal (R-Ga.)
    * Rep. Kanjorski (D-Pa.) with an F in NumbersUSA's amnesty grading
    * Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) with an A amnesty grade, and a 20-year leader against amnesties

* 6 of 11 Democrats from Pennsylvania
    * 4 of 5 Democrats from Tennessee
    * 3 of 5 Democrats from Indiana, 3 of 6 from Georgia and 3 from New York

* 7 Republicans from California
    * 5 of 6 Republicans from North Carolina, 5 of 6 from Georgia and 5 of 19 from Texas
    * All 4 Republicans from Tennessee

in this email:
    1. Fascinating facts about the 90 Members (20%) of the U.S. House of Representatives who were original co-sponsors of the SAVE Act

2. FRESHMEN DEMS AND GOP RUSH TO BE ORIGINALS ON THIS BILL

3. Outrageous gutting of border security funds by House Democratic leaders
    actions in brief:
    1. See list of 90 original signers of SAVE Act to drive illegal aliens home.

2. If your Representative isn't on the list, phone 202-224-3121 and ask to sign.

3. Send faxes to protest stripping of $3 billion of border security funds from Defense spending bill

4. Read our 12-page summary outline of the SAVE Act.
    donate now:
    This faxing system is 100% financed by the voluntary generosity of the 510,000-plus Americans who use it.

No foundation grants. No government subsidies. Just donations from individual American citizens like you.

Please click here to make any sized donation to keep this grassroots phenomenon strong and effective.
    how to reply:

Please do not click 'Reply' button to respond to this message.

To comment about this Alert or to request tech help, click here and fill out our Help Form.

Our staff mans the Help Desk 18 hours a day.

UNUSUAL COALITION
    FOR ENFORCEMENT-ONLY BILL
    CREATES WIDE BUZZ

I was visiting with a Republican U.S. Senator and his staff in the Capitol this afternoon. They were in mild shock at what they were seeing over on the other side of Capitol Hill in the House of Representatives.

The first thing they said about the SAVE Act by Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) was that they couldn't remember a controversial bill being introduced in the House with a lot of co-sponsors that were divided nearly 50-50 between Parties. Generally, "bi-partisan" means a lot of co-sponsors from one party and a couple from the other. Or just a handful evenly divided. "What's going on over there."

Similar points were made on Lou Dobbs as he extolled the introduction of the SAVE Act to his prime time TV audience:

DOBBS: "A large group of Republicans and Democrats are now putting border security first. And they're doing it without amnesty. This is the truth. Honest. ..."

REP. CIRO RODRIGUEZ (D-TEXAS): "This team says it is now time to finally give the people what they've asked for in immigration and that is a bipartisan effort that addresses the issue and puts America's future first and puts partisan politics on the back row where it belongs. ... "

DOBBS: "I don't know about other folks, but when I hear 'bi-partisan' these days, I reach for my wallet and start looking for a fox hole. Is this the real deal?"

REP. HEATH SHULER (D-N.C.): "It really is, Lou. I mean, we've worked really hard together. It's been a six to seven-month bi-partisan relationship where we've been able to work with Members on both sides, ask law enforcement, ask the Border Patrol agents what is important for them. And most importantly is listen to the American people and ask them what they want. We've been able to put a very good bill together. 46 Republicans and 44 Democrats.

"In fact in this town, four of the opposite party or seven of the opposite party makes it bi-partisan. This is 40 and 40. This is a package you haven't seen."

DOBBS: "No. And I haven't seen much in the way of border security that's not attached to amnesty. ... "
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOW! In just 5 minutes the numbers changed from 90 to 99!!!

I see NJ and MA are noticeably absent.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    WOW! In just 5 minutes the numbers changed from 90 to 99!!! I see NJ and MA are noticeably absent.
    Scott Garrett of N.J. surprises me. He is usually against illegals and is in our corner. I emailed him yesterday to alert him about this bill. As far as Lautenberg & Menendoza their useless turn coats.

MW
    THE ORIGINAL CO-SPONSORS OF THIS BILL INCLUDE:
    * 2 Members of the Congressional Black Caucus -- Rep. Davis (D-Ala.) and Rep. Bishop (D-Ga.).
    * A Member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus -- Rep. Rodriguez (D-Texas).
    * 2 GOP Presidential Candidates -- Rep. Tancredo (R-Colo.) and Rep. Hunter (R-Calif.)
    Thank you Rep. Hunter & Tancredo!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep my former Congressman Royce is also on the list. OOOH to have him again. Thompson is absolutely useless. Rohrbacher is also on the list. Both good guys.

Three usual allies are absent from the 99 cosponsers of the SAVE Act at this point: 3:30pm Friday Nov. 9th.

Idaho Reps. Mike Simpson and Bill Sali
    and
    Wyoming Rep. Barbara Cubin
    All three have A's from Americans for Better Immigration. I know I've seen activists on alipac from these states, so email, fax, and call their offices. The more cosponsers, the better.

Numbersusa.com
    <div>Contact your Representatives and tell them to cosponsor the SAVE Act (H.R. 408!

numbersusa.com*
    ronpaul2008.com

</div>