Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Be safe--forget Thompson.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't vote for Thompson either. He's like Romney. He checks the public opinion and tells you what he thinks will get him in. When he first came to Iowa he talked about how ridiculous it was to think those millions of illegals could be forced out. He said a path to citizenship was the only answer for those that were here. He also said the fence was a ridiculous idea that would never happen. He's another GWB. No thanks. Too bad the media wasn't at those first small town meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I just Got off the Phone with a Good friend Ive mine and he left me with a thought or two about Thompson being that even Tancredo voted to expand NAFTA into the Southern Hemisphere.
    The Peru trade deal? I'm not sure if that one relates to NAFTA. But Tom voted against CAFTA, and most other destructive trade deals. Thompson's voting record on trade flat out SUX, and his record on immigration is mediocre at best.

Guys, forget Thompson.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Well, Im not thrilled with Thompson either but held up next to Hitlary,
    Id vote for most anyone.

I would prefer Tancredo of course and what ever happened to Alan Keyes?
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Banned
    Democratic Candidates on Trade
    Joseph Biden, Jr.

Sen. Biden (D-DE) in general espouses free trade policies but has been a recent critic of Bush administration bilateral and regional agreements on opening markets. He voted against the creation of FTAs with Oman in 2006 and with Singapore and Chile in 2003. He also voted against the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) in 2005. All of those bills were passed in the Senate. Biden criticized CAFTA, as well as the Singapore and Chile bilateral deals because, he said, they lacked effective provisions to ensure enforcement of labor and environmental standards.

Biden also voted against the Trade Act of 2002, which reauthorized the Andean Trade Preference Act (ATPA), granting certain trade benefits to Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. In 1999, Biden voted in favor of the Africa Free Trade bill, which authorized a “new trade and investment policy for sub-Sahara Africaâ€

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I just Got off the Phone with a Good friend Ive mine and he left me with a thought or two about Thompson being that even Tancredo voted to expand NAFTA into the Southern Hemisphere.
    The Peru trade deal? I'm not sure if that one relates to NAFTA. But Tom voted against CAFTA, and most other destructive trade deals. Thompson's voting record on trade flat out SUX, and his record on immigration is mediocre at best.

Guys, forget Thompson.
    Yes it was

Banned
    AP Interview: Dour Fred Thompson says he unlikely to change for presidential campaign
    The Associated PressPublished: November 21, 2007

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/ ... erview.php
    AMES, Iowa: Republican presidential hopeful Fred Thompson says his often-dour demeanor simply reflects his seriousness about the issues facing the country. "I'm just Fred," he says, and the image that has served him through a successful political career will not be changing.

Thompson, who played a tough-minded and gruff district attorney on television's "Law & Order," offers precisely that image as he campaigns for the Republican presidential nomination. He is generally serious and direct, with little of the backslapping and joking of many of his rivals.

"I laugh when I am amused and I'm amused a lot," said Thompson, in an interview with The Associated Press. "When I'm talking about terrorism, when I'm talking about bankrupting the next generation, when I talk about what is going on in Washington, I am not amused. I don't think it's funny."

He said he's "no less chirpy" on the campaign trail than when he won election and then re-election to the U.S. Senate in Tennessee. "There's only one thing I can guarantee and that is I will be me, and it's served me pretty well politically," he said.

Like most of the candidates for the Republican nomination, Thompson is seeking to convince Republican primary voters that he is the natural heir to the political legacy of President Ronald Reagan, a former actor who was known both for his staunch conservatism and his sunny disposition.

Political capital spent, Bush focuses on the small stuff
    Thompson has a take on Reagan's political success that plays into his own strengths.

"Reagan's success was that he was Reagan," said Thompson. "When he did his television presentations, when he made his speeches, it was not all sunlight and music and a walk in the park. That was pretty serious stuff, he was talking about the Soviet Union. When he was talking to the American people the thing that was successful for him was that he believed in what he was saying and it came through."

Thompson said he is seeking the same kind of conservative consistency, albeit with a different style.

"Everybody's different, if you try to be somebody else, you're making a big mistake," he said.

His own acting background left an expectation with many about how his campaign would unfold, Thompson said.

"I know that I don't fit the stereotype of a lot of people's notion of the perfect candidate," he said. "They expected me, some in the media expected me to be well scripted and slick and I am neither. I'm just Fred. What you see is what you get."

In the interview, Thompson said, "I don't take myself too seriously, but I take what I'm doing pretty seriously. Where that comes in on the happy scale I'm really not sure."

When Thompson entered the race, many saw him as the perfect candidate for conservatives who find flaws with the record of rivals like Rudy Giuliani. Since he entered the race, however, Thompson's performance has been mixed with occasional stumbles. He professed himself happy with the state of the race barely six weeks before Iowa Republicans launch the presidential nominating season with precinct caucuses Jan. 3.

"I think all things considered I'm in pretty good shape right now," said Thompson. He said his sense is the race in Iowa is tightening though rival Mitt Romney is relying heavily on the outcome.

"I'm told he has more people on the ground than all the other candidates put together," said Thompson.

Let's face it, the odds are pretty slim that one of "our guys" is going to get the nomination. Does that mean we shouldn't vote our conscience? No. However, if one lives in a state where Rudy, Huck, or McCain have a chance of winning, it would be wise to vote for another frontrunner who at least is now telling us what we want to hear.

I might be a little bit more forgiving towards those who've changed their minds regarding illegal immigration because I've done the same thing. Some of us had to witness the higher cost of living and lower standard of living up close and personal before we rejected the OBL slavemaster mentality.

No matter which giant douche or turd sandwich becomes the next president, he will not have a voters' mandate for amnesty and he will not be able to succeed where El Presidente Jorge Boosh failed. In the next couple of years, my prediction is that many democrat and republican fresh faces will win seats in congress because they'll side with their constituents who want laws that are already on the books to be enforced as a way of fighting illegal immigration at the state and local levels.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Yeah, I have to agree with some of the posters here. I don't trust this guy either. The only three candidates I trust are Tancredo, Paul, and Hunter.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234