Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NW: Lars Larson to have Sen Sessions today @2pm PT 10/18/07

http://www.larslarson.com - listen live online (see link on web site)

866-HEY-LARS to call in

(Northwest Program) -

Topics for Thu, October 18

Dr. Ali Al-Dabbagh, spokesman for the Iraqi government joins Lars at 11:20pt

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) joins Lars at 2pt re: zero tolerance law

Should state agencies take sides in ballot measures?

Should law makers set new rules for home loans?

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) joins Lars at 2pt re: zero tolerance law. The Senate last night accepted an amendment offered by U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) designating $10,000,000 of Department of Justice (DOJ) funding toward the expansion of a zero tolerance law enforcement pilot program targeting illegal aliens on the Southern border. The amendment was accepted unanimously to the fiscal year 2008 Commerce, Justice and Science appropriations bill.

Sessions' amendment requires that DOJ use $10,000,000 from its working capital fund to expand Operation Streamline, the zero tolerance policy of arresting, prosecuting and expeditiously removing illegal aliens, rather than simply sending them back across the border after they are apprehended. Operation Streamline began in 2005 in the Del Rio, Texas sector of the border and was later instituted in the Yuma, Arizona sector.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So it looks like Sen. Sessions is on at 2:00 Pacific Time. I'll check in & thanks for posting this Phred. Maybe he'll give a "Dream" Act update.

Call the Senate: NO Dream Act Amnesty !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good.... I thought I missed him
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Listening now Sessions is talking about the 9th circuit and the activism in that court.

shoot just got the end of him. Oh well Anybody else have some info on it?

Good interview.

Lars asked him about the Dream Act. Sen. Sessions responded [these are not his exact words; paraphrased] every day hearing about new idea for amnesty, we were able to oppose it on the DoD bill, the Dream Act would be an amnesty for over a million people, the D.A. is "still out there." We need to see real improvement in system [border security etc.,] e.g. biometric card to work, willing at some point to to show compassion to those who have been here a long time with children BUT we need real improvment first, before anything else, American people must insist that their voices are heard: illegality should NOT be rewarded, we should stop rewarding illegality, right now [pro-amnesty] forces are chipping away trying to use the most sympathetic cases "heart rendering categories" to give them amnesty.

Thanks Gogo and Populist. I wasn't able to listen, but I'm glad someone else was. I'm especially glad Lars took the time to schedule and do the interview with Sen Sessions. Hopefully, he'll continue similar interviews...

You're welcome. I've never listened to Lars before but he did a good job interviewing Sen. Sessions. We should thank him and advise we need him to still cover the Dream Act as well as the AgJOBS amnesty proposals.

Call the Senate: NO Dream Act or AgJOBS Amnesties !

Yes, Lars is a good interviewer and has been quite solidly with us, on, well, just about every immigration issue I can think of. He does deserve our thanks - no doubt about it.

Good idea Populist. Do it! I will too...