Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY Protestors: Illegal Immigrants Must Go

NY Protestors: Illegal Immigrants Must Go
    (CBS) NEW YORK An anti-immigration rally outside the Mexican Consulate Saturday prompted New York protestors to speak out about their perceived problems with illegal immigration and their desire to see stronger enforcement of immigration laws. The protest, sponsored by the newly formed coalition, "New Yorkers for Immigration Control and Enforcement," drew almost as many news crews as protestors. Several protestors were shouting, "America is a sovereign nation, keep it that way." All the illegal immigrants "should go home," said rally organizer Ron Bass. The coalition says the problem of illegal immigration can only be solved through enforcement of laws like employer sanctions and by not rewarding lawbreakers with amnesty. "[Illegal immigrants] do the jobs we won't do for the money they pay them," Kevin Hahulski, a rally participant said. "If you pay people a decent wage, they'll do the job. I know that for a fact. I'm a union construction worker."
    03 Jun 2006 @ 07:09 pm
    2 comments

From dane - 03 Jun 2006 @ 08:08 pm | Edit | Reply
    Good point Hobo!
    The firestorm of the citizens has started!
    George "Worthless" Bush had better take his meds
    and realize he's sinking the GOP!

Oh, and hey George, how does it feel to have the same ratings according to most polls as............

RICHARD MILHOUSE NIXON!!!!!!!!
    From Hobo - 03 Jun 2006 @ 07:59 pm | Edit | Reply
    Good on ya New York. This newly formed "New Yorkers for Immigration Control and Enforcement" is the kind of grass roots organization that we need by the 100's, if not 1,000's nationwide to get ALL of Congress, including the McKennedy type as well as Senior G. Bush tuned in to the heartbeat and pulse of America's citizenry.

http://idexer.com/index.php

What about Hillary? She is an immigrant to their state.

And a disgrace to the human race. She will be VOTED OUT.

She will be VOTED OUT.
    Music to my ears. I could hardly believe that she was ever voted IN...good heavens...

MJ

Well, it's about time New Yorkers woke up
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

This is good that folks are waking up.
    But there is that phrase again (first sentence - "An anti-immigration rally outside the Mexican Consulate Saturday...") It keeps popping up and it puts the movement in a bad light, think about it. People see that and it clicks into their brains that we are "anti-immigrant" when we are not. They do, later in the article, mention illegal immigration, but it's just that phrase is like a sneaky smack upside the head the way they put it out at the top for the skimmers...
    Hussein who?

Did you notice the article state 'perceived problems'????

The news media isn't going to give an inch, is it??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, crime, tax increases and lowered standard of living are "perceived problems"

At least it's a start....

I'm from New York State. To be specific, an hour away from the city on Long Island. And I can tell you, it's been an uphill battle for those of us trying to get the word out on illegal immigration because of the monopoly of the liberal media. For years, anyone who has been vocal about this issue has been labeled racists. It's a constant conditioning of the masses in order to move their agenda.

You guys are pros now - see how quickly you picked up on the words that were used in the news piece - "perceived problems" and anti- "immigrant" rally? That's what us Long Islanders have had to put up - especially with the likes of Newsday, which is the only major news source for local news on LI. Over the years it's become so obvious that they were playing on the emotions of people by constantly featuring sob stories about the illegals. Which, if you're human, you certainly feel sympathy for. However, they never featured stories about the rapes and murders of local citizens at the hands of illegal immigrants, or the decay of our communities.

I believe historically, NY has largely been Democratic. I guess because the party has been associated with helping working class people. But the party of today is sooo far to the left of that it's almost unrecognizable.

Hillary will get in again because of her money, star power, and all the pro-illegal groups backing her. And unfortunately, those that don't educate themselves about the actions of these public officials, just vote based on familiarity. For instance, if many knew what some of the amendments were in this recent Senate immigration bill that Hillary voted for, they would clearly see that she is against working class families. Plus she flip flops on almost every issue. A few years back on a NY radio station, she clearly stated that she was against illegal immigration. Fast-forward to 2006 - when they had that massive illegal alien rally, she was in front of them in NYC, pumping them up by saying how they were fighting for their rights in the workplace! It was a disgrace! You could almost see her salivating at the thought of all those potential hispanic votes!

Thankfully, more New Yorkers seem to be waking up, but I would like to see even more action. I can only speak from what I see on Long Island -The working class people are really struggling. We're being taxed to death, our utilities are high.. alot of folks are moving out. There are 3 or 4 For Sale signs in my neighborhood alone.

So I think for most people here, they are so busy just trying to make ends meet that they are a bit insulated. They are too bogged down with problems in their own lives. They don't have time to take off from work to join protests, or they are too exhausted to keep up with this issue.

I can only hope and pray that they do find the time and energy to participate - however small it may be . Because the future of our country depends on it.

I wish they would knock off with the racist crap, it doesn't have anything to do with race. Our concern lies with the fact that after they have come into our country and destroyed it they can run back to their country with all the money they made here we will be stuck here to live in this mess with no where to go and have to try to rebuild our lives and our countries. Alot of the people they are letting in are not givers they are takers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast