Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama promises new amnesty on trip to El Salvador

I don't know if this is a reputable source-NumbersUSA sent me a solictation with the same basic info today.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rnr/2292406846.html

working4change
    Article from link above
    Obama tells El Salvador New Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
    Date: 2011-03-28, 6:00PM PDT
    Reply To This Post

President Goes to El Salvador and Promises New Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

You probably thought last fall's election put an end to any talk of a mass amnesty for illegal aliens.

Or, at least, when NumbersUSA's members tipped the balance and caused the so-called "DREAM Act" to be defeated in last December's lame duck session of Congress, surely that was the end of the road for amnesties? Right?

Unfortunately, the White House did not get the message. President Obama used his Central American trip last week to ease concerns there that anyone in the U.S. illegally would be sent home.

After all, the president says he hoped to legalize their status. That's right. Pres. Obama is about to renew his drive for an illegal alien amnesty.

I do not exaggerate. Here's the exact quote from USA Today's online blog of March 22:

A Salvadoran reporter asks about economic development in Latin America and the immigration issue.

Obama says he supports "comprehensive immigration reform" that will strengthen the American borders while giving existing illegal aliens "a pathway to get right by the law." Adds that the only way to solve the immigration problem is with a "broad comprehensive reform," including economic development in Central America.

"The politics of this are difficult," Obama adds, but he expressed confidence it could get done.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2292406846

working4change
    [quote]On Tuesday, President Obama president told Spanish-language Univision TV in El Salvador: “Perhaps some of my Republican friends are gonna start recognizing, if they looked at the last census, that they are gonna have a very hard time winning any elections if they continue to deliberately target anti-immigration sentiment.â€