Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Obama Readies 19 Action's on Gun Control UPDATE: Obama's 23 Executive Actions on Guns

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Obama Calls for New Assault Weapons Ban, Universal Background Checks

Jan. 16, 2013 11:54am Madeleine Morgenstern

President Barack Obama signs executive actions to curb gun violence as Vice President Joe Biden and invited guests look on at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next to the White House, on Jan. 16, 2013.

President Barack Obama on Wednesday called for new bans on “military-style assault weapons” and high-capacity ammunition magazines and for universal background checks for gun buyers.
    Flanked by Vice President Joe Biden and four schoolchildren who had written the White House in the wake of the Newtown shooting, Obama also signed 23 executive actions aimed at curbing gun violence.
    Those executive actions include strengthening existing background checks by requiring federal agencies make more data available, nominating a new director for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, mandating better reporting of gun crimes and directing the Centers for Disease Control to study gun violence. He also asked doctors and other medical professionals to help by reporting threats of violence from patients with access to firearms.
    Despite fervid speculation before Wednesday’s announcement about the sweeping measures Obama might take, he laid much of the responsibility on Congress to take action on his $500 million plan.
    “To make a real and lasting difference, Congress must act,” Obama said. “And Congress must act soon.”
    The president vowed to “put everything I’ve got into this” but added, “the only way we can change is if the American people demand it.”
    Obama said there will be those who call the government’s actions a “tyrannical all-out assault on liberty” but said such claims are unfounded. He said the majority of the American people agree with his proposals.

Obama concluded his remarks Wednesday by acknowledging the parents of 7-year-old Sandy Hook Elementary victim Grace McDonnell, a little girl who loved art. Obama said one of McDonnell’s paintings now hangs in his private office.
    “We must act now, for Grace. For the 25 other innocent children and adults,” Obama said. “Let’s do the right thing for them and for this country we love so much.”
    Before Wednesday’s announcement, the National Rifle Association vowed to wage “the fight of the century” against Obama.
    “I warned you this day was coming and now it’s here,” NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre wrote in a fundraising letter to members. “It’s not about protecting your children. It’s not about stopping crime. It’s about banning your guns … PERIOD!”
    But the organization issued a decidedly dialed-back statement Wednesday afternoon, saying it would “continue to focus on keeping our children safe and securing our schools, fixing our broken mental health system, and prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law.”
    “Attacking firearms and ignoring children is not a solution to the crisis we face as a nation. Only honest, law-abiding gun owners will be affected and our children will remain vulnerable to the inevitability of more tragedy,” the NRA said.
    ​This post has been updated. ​Original minute-by-minute updates below:
    ​12:14 p.m.​ Obama says he’s hung a painting made by Sandy Hook victim Grace McDonnell in his private office.
    “We must act now, for Grace. For the 25 other innocent children and adults,” Obama says. “Let’s do the right thing for them and for this country we love so much.”
    ​12:13 p.m. ​Obama: We have the right to worship freely was denied to Sikhs in a Wisconsin temple. The right to assemble peaceably was denied in an Oregon shopping mall, an Aurora movie theater. Denied to those at Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook Elementary, on a Chicago street corner.
    ​12:12 p.m.​ Obama says the most vital changes depend on congressional acting. Asks the American people to pressure their representatives.
    ​12:11 p.m. ​Obama: “I will put everything I’ve got into this, so will Joe. But I tell you, the only way we can change is if the American people demand it.”
    ​12:10 p.m. Obama says there will be some who warn of a “tyrannical all-out assault on liberty.”
    ​12:08 p.m. Obama: I believe the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms. I respect the rights of sportsmen and hunters and people who own guns for collection and protection.
    “We can respect the Second Amendment while preventing an irresponsible and law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale,” Obama says. He says these are common sense measures that have the support of the American people.
    ​12:06 p.m.​ Obama: We should get tougher on people who buy guns with the express purpose of turning around and selling them to someone else. Says Congress hasn’t confirmed an ATF director in six years.
    Also calls for more police on the job and on the streets.
    ​12:05 p.m.​ Obama: “Congress should restore a ban on military-style assault weapons and a 10-round limit for magazines.”
    ​12:04 p.m.​ Obama says Congress needs to require a universal background check for anyone who wants to buy a gun.
    ​12:03 p.m.​ Obama says he’s signing a directive to strengthen the background check system, help schools, better reporting of gun crimes and enable the CDC to study gun violence.
    ​12:01 p.m.​ Obama says in the month since Sandy Hook, 900 Americans have died from gun violence. “Every day we wait, that number will keep growing,” Obama says.
    ​12:00 p.m. Obama says he started getting a lot of letters from kids after Newtown. Four of them are here today. One wrote: “I think there should be some changes, we should learn from what happened at Sandy Hook, I feel really bad.”
    “These are our kids. This is what they’re thinking about. What we should be thinking about is our responsibility to care for them and shield them from harm,” Obama says.
    ​11:57 a.m. Obama: “While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm shouldn’t be a divisive one.”
    ​11:56 a.m. Vice President Joe Biden says he spoke with 229 organizations of law enforcement agencies, gun advocacy groups, sportsmen’s groups and more to deliver recommendations to Obama.
    “We should do as much as we can, as quickly as we can….some will happen immediately, some will take some time,” Biden says.

Obama Calls for New Assault Weapons Ban, Universal Background Checks | TheBlaze.com

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    everyone in the House, Senate, White house, to include Interns, lotty, Dotty, EVERY DAMN BODY need to be subjugated to a quarterly Urinalysis test as well as an on the spot Urinalysys looking for any drugs. prescription drugs, Alcohal abuse

Conducted by a RANDOM Company OBSERVED BY CITIZENS from Start to finish

Half of these lunatics are on serious prescription drugs for stress; mental health issues "AND THEY HAVE GUN's"

Its time to call them out
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Yes indeed they all have guns. Also in reference to the fast and furious fiasco, Holder and Obama should be behind bars for supplying assault weapons to drug cartels.

April
    January 16, 2013
    Obama's Executive Disarmament Confirms that the Tea Party Can Not Go Away

Lloyd Marcus

Obama brings kids to the White House as props for photo-op and as an emotional appeal to unveil his illegal gun control plans. Obama despicably using kids to undermine the Second Amendment via executive order is a perfect example of why the Tea Party cannot go away.

Due to extensive media coverage of Obama’s Disarmament Show, low-info voters will cry hearing stories of how guns make kids fearful and give Obama carte blanche, regardless of the Constitution. Predicting from their pattern of spineless behavior, Republicans will probably simply go along with Obama’s illegal dictates. So who will stand and be the voice of our Founding Fathers and We The People? Answer: the Tea Party.

Despite the Tea Party being falsely branded as a bunch of racist extremists by Obama’s supportive media, we are the lone voice and last hope for America as intended by our Founding Fathers. If we quit, America becomes paradise lost.
    As a child, my cousins said I was stubborn. If I became annoyed or they refused to play my way, I would pick up my toys and go home. Unfortunately, some on our side have reacted the same way since the re-election of Obama. Frustrated and angry, they have taken their toys and gone home to play golf, work in their garden, or take up basket-weaving.

Paul, in the Bible, said, “When I was a child, I spake and acted like a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things” (I Corinthians 13:11).
    Brother and sister patriots, America cannot afford the luxury of us behaving like frustrated, angry, and stubborn children. If we do not continue fighting, Obama and company will usurp every freedom we have been granted by God and our Founding Fathers, every freedom fought for by our military.

I have been reading Proverbs lately, which speaks a lot about “diligence.” Victory and prosperity are the fruits of diligence. We must stay diligent in our efforts to stop Obama, no matter how hopeless or fruitless our opposition may appear.

No, the Tea Party is not done. We must stand even more closely united, stand up for our own, and boldly speak truth to power.

Quite frankly, patriots, there ain't nobody else but us. Go with God!

April
    January 16, 2013
    The 'Assault Weapon' Con

Michael Geer

A portmanteau [1] is a new word brought into being by blending two or more distinct words, combining them into a new word.

You can thank Lewis Carroll in Through The Looking Glass, when Humpty Dumpty explains made up words to Alice.
    'You see it's like a portmanteau-there are two meanings packed up into one word.' Jabberwocky
    When you pepper your speech with the term assault weapon, you unknowingly are accepting the language of gun control fanatics.
    Stop saying it. You only strengthen the meme every time you say it.
    Josh Sugarman, author of the controversial book Assault Weapons and Accessories in America, is a diehard gun control activist. In his 1988 book he is recognized as the first to attribute the defining military term Assault to civilian-ized arms. Assault Rifle became - jabberwocky - assault-weapon. Because a gun control fanatic said so.
    "Assault weapons-just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms-are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons-anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun-can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." -- Assault Weapons and Accessories in America
    Sugarman telegraphs his fear of how menacing a rifle looks. Especially the hated M16 and its carbine cousin the M4.
    The black gun scares him, a grown man. I hardly know what to say.
    But look, this is serious. An enemy's main goal is to put his mind in you. When you accept the lexicon of the opposition, they've won. They've put their mind in you. Gun control fanatics have already corrupted our common language by getting the made-up term assault weapon into the discourse. An assault rifle is classified as fully automatic while the term assault-weapon is a political chimera with no specific or intelligent definition. For the perpetually fearful (low information television hosts) an assault-weapon is, like the Red Queen, whatever they say it is. (The Red Queen of Alice in Wonderland is famous for saying 'a word means whatever I want it to mean')
    Assault weapon is known in Jurisprudence as a 'Term of Art', again Red Queen territory because a Term of Art is (apologies to attorneys everywhere) often a slippery slope of misdirection and hidden intent.
    Stop saying assault-weapon. You advance gun control activists' agenda when you do. By using their Terms. Rifle, yes. Assault-weapon, no. It's a big no no. Ask any attorney - would he rather have eye witnesses, or control of the Terms? Control the Terms, control the argument. It is that simple. Do not contribute to the miasma sweeping the nation. Low information TV hosts and low information journalists and low information voters have a hard enough time with comprehension as it is. Do not add to it by parroting the language of the activists

Read more: Blog: The 'Assault Weapon' Con

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Obama and gang are SUCH hypocrites!

April
    Thanks for posting that NM, it brings to the fore front Obama's Dictator qualities.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast