Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama says he won't campaign for Dems who vote no on healthc

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 03312.html

I bet those Democrats who are voting no are wondering if they can get this promise in writing:

The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.

A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Mr Obama is personally telephoning congressmen who are still on the fence this week, in between several personal appearances devoted toward swinging public opinion.

Obama may help with fundraising, but those Dems in competitive districts probably don't see an association with the president as being of much help -- again, just ask Martha Coakley, Jon Corzine or Creigh Deeds.

++++++++++++++++

That would be enough to make me vote "no". He's got the reverse Midas Touch.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now THAT'S change I can believe in! I'd vote for those who vote NO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

If I was a Dem I would vote NO just to keep his stench of defeat away from my campaign!! Everyone he campaigns for loses!!

Obama's support will be the kiss of death for any politician running for office.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas