Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Obamacare Victims Revolt: ‘We Don’t have that Kind of Money’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obamacare Victims Revolt: ‘We Don’t have that Kind of Money’

Obamacare Victims Revolt: ‘We Don’t have that Kind of Money’

5 Nov 2016

Some users of Obamacare are finding the medical care they need to be too expensive to use due to high deductibles and high out-of-pocket costs.

Michelle Harris is one of those people. Harris, a 61-year-old retired waitress in northwest Montana, has arthritis in both shoulders but is doing everything she can to avoid seeing a doctor due to the $4,500 deductible and $338 a month in premiums under her Blue Cross Blue Shield plan.

“It hurts, but we don’t have that kind of money,” Harris said to Bloomberg Politics. “So I deal with it.”

Some insurance plans under Obamacare are designed not to kick in until patients have spent thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs, which put many healthcare services out of reach for patients.

Even though the uninsured rate in America is at a record low, a study from the Commonwealth Fund found that four out of 10 adults in Obamacare plans aren’t confident that they can pay their medical bills if they got sick, Bloomberg Politics reported.

“A lot of people are still one catastrophic illness away from really feeling the financial impact of this,” said Jonathan Oberlander, a health policy professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. “They’re underinsured, and that means they’re not going to get all the services that they want or that they need.”

A survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the New York Times found that one in five people with insurance said they or someone in their household had difficulty paying medical bills compared to half for those without insurance, Bloomberg Politics reported.

Courtney Shove, a 38-year-old who lives in Memphis works at a small non-profit without health benefits and spends about $267 a month for a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan with a $2,500 deductible.

Next year, the cheapest plan for her will cost about $40 more with a $6,650 deductible.

“When I think about what’s going to come out of my pocket, I’m not happy about it at all,” she said. “I’ve never been without insurance, so I guess I’ll probably
    just get the cheapest plan and go from there.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nt-kind-money/

$2,500 deductible becomes a $6,650 deductible for this person and she still has to pay $40 more a month. That is awful.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am not even on Obamacare and I have a $2,500 deductible which I will never hit unless I get run over by a bus. All insurance premiums and deductibles have gotten way out of the average Americans price range. So we all avoid going for medical care unless we absolutely have to. Meanwhile the freeloaders are going all the time and getting their medical care and prescriptions for free at the expense of the very people who are paying for insurance and cannot use it. This has got to stop.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Anything they want to pass that bears the name "COMPREHENSIVE" is a blow to taxpayers! Not to mention the billions wasted, out of OUR pockets, for the computer system that has crashed repeatedly and does not work for those trying to sign up!

They should do a 3 Step Plan on these massive bloated laws and policies they want to shove down our throats. And not wrap them up with other things they want to pass.

As Step One...They should have set up "pilot" Quick Care type facilities for people who have no insurance and made it affordable for minor health issues, well check ups, colds, cuts, flu, etc...to keep them out of the Emergency Rooms for the sniffles! If they are working, then spread them throughout the US. Not free...you have to pay something.

I heard once that Wal-Mart was going to add Quick Care facilities. They already have prescription and eye care. I think many people would have bought into this and they should have left OUR Health Insurance alone.

Then as Step Two...add riders for other care needed at hospitals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338 View Post
    I am not even on Obamacare and I have a $2,500 deductible which I will never hit unless I get run over by a bus. All insurance premiums and deductibles have gotten way out of the average Americans price range. So we all avoid going for medical care unless we absolutely have to. Meanwhile the freeloaders are going all the time and getting their medical care and prescriptions for free at the expense of the very people who are paying for insurance and cannot use it. This has got to stop.

Everyone is on Obamacare and you just don't realize it.

Under the ACA law, all health insurance plans are purchased from the 5 tier plans under the Obama exchanges.

I have what government calls a private individual plan purchased through Blue Cross but this is a ruse.

Blue Cross is only my provider handling the 'Silver Package' coverage purchased off the Exchanges.