Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Posted: July 15, 2008
    1:00 am Eastern

© 2008

With all the reporters covering the major presidential candidates, it amazes me no one ever seems to ask the right questions.

For several days now, WND has been hounding Barack Obama's campaign about a statement he made July 2 in Colorado Springs – a statement that blew my mind, one that has had me scratching my head ever since.

In talking about his plans to double the size of the Peace Corps and nearly quadruple the size of AmeriCorps and the size of the nation's military services, he made this rather shocking (and chilling) pledge: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Now, since I've never heard anyone inside or out of government use the phrase "civilian national security force" before, I was more than a little curious about what he has in mind.

Is it possible I am the only journalist in America who sought clarification on this campaign promise?

What does it mean?

If we're going to create some kind of national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. military forces, isn't this rather a big deal?

I thought Democrats generally believed the U.S. spent too much on the military. How is it possible their candidate is seeking to create some kind of massive but secret national police force that will be even bigger than the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force put together?

Now, maybe he was misquoted by the Congressional Quarterly and the Chicago Tribune. I guess it's possible. If so, you would think he would want to set the record straight. Maybe he misspoke. That has certainly happened before. Again, why wouldn't the rest of my colleagues show some curiosity about such a major and, frankly, bone-chilling proposition?

Are we talking about creating a police state here?

The U.S. Army alone has nearly 500,000 troops. That doesn't count reserves or National Guard. In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion.

Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force bigger and more expensive than that?

If not, why did he say it? What did he mean?

So far, despite our attempts to find out, the Obama campaign is not talking.

At this point all I can do is enlist your help – and the help of every other journalist who still thinks the American people have a right to know the specifics about a presidential candidate's biggest and boldest initiatives before the election. I also want to ask radio talk-show hosts across America to start asking this same question. I have a feeling if others join our quest, we might yet get clarification on this proposal from Obama.

Who will Obama appoint to administer this new "civilian national security force"? Where will the money come from? Where in the Constitution does he see justification for the federal government creating such a domestic army?

The questions are endless.

But before we can hope to get to the specifics, we need much more in the way of generalizations from Obama.

Certainly there have been initiatives like this elsewhere – Cuba, the Soviet Union, China, Venezuela, North Korea. But has anything like this ever been proposed in a free country?

I have a feeling there would be more questions from the press if I myself had proposed the creation of something as preposterous as a "civilian national security force" than there has been about this proposal by the presidential candidate currently leading in most of the polls. I'm quite sure I would be hung out to dry as some kind of Nazi thug. Meanwhile, Obama makes this wild suggestion and it is met with a collective yawn from the watchdogs.

Help me out here. What am I missing?

Can I get a hand?

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69601
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think even Obama knows what he means when he speaks. He's told so many lies, he can't keep them straight! The man is evil.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

How about getting this info to Lou Dobbs????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Farah is a great man imo. I order the WhistleBlower every year . He's one of the few newsites left we can trust . I hope they never get to him, and I don' think they can .

I often wonder why the talk radio people don't come together .

We have 2 growing forces inside our nation, one talked about often another seldom mentioned by most . IMO, the later is the most dangerous this nation has ever invited in . They may use the illegals to help them take over, then they too 'illegals' will be enslaved or killed ,just like all other nations they begin a state within a state in .

There has to be a reason why our government 'both parties' help them take over nations all over the world . They gave Croasia to them, and for years have been weakening other nations for the slaughters and invasions.

SILENCE IS THE BIGGEST SIN OF ALL !! [some jew once said this, it still stands to be true ]

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    How about getting this info to Lou Dobbs????
    Lou is a decoy,like a rubber duck,imo.

How can you work for the same ones who highjacked the election and be for real ? I have a suspician Lou does what he is told to do . I think he's the bone thrown at us that makes us think we have a ally in this farce .

It puts too much trust in major media ,imo.

Wow and this dumb _ _ _ has a really good chance to be our president ? what a bunch of sheep some of us are.

Ya obama yes we can (puke)

When I see supporters of either obama or mcslime at thier rallies or meetings it reminds me of seeing deer in head lights on a dark country road right before you run into it,they have no idea what the hell just hit them and boy do they feel stupid afterwards.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

OK, I've read enough. Obama is definately CERTIFIABLE! What's his jacket size because he needs a jacket, a STRAIGHT JACKET that is. This man is not mentally capable of running this country. He should be EVALUATED immediately. Hey Obama, you're a friggin lunatic!

WOW! Is Obama that affraid of U.S., and who's money is he going to steal to make that happen?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I wouldn't mind some clarification either. First thing I thought of when I heard about this on the radio was Blackwater which seems to me to be a civilian military force.

What question I would really like to know is...what country would the members of this private force come from?
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Obama's "civilian defense" would be NOTHING but TOY soldiers!