Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    ALIPAC really doesn't have a dog in the hunt. Our focus is on candidates, not some unconfirmed story out of my state. It's my firm opinion that people from California and Pennsylvania don't have a clear understanding of how we operate down here. Frankly, some of the things which have been said, make no sense what so ever to me as a Texan.

Don't get me wrong, we have serious problems down here with the border. We have incursions, drug runners, shoot outs... What ever you can imagine, I'm sure it's gone down. However, one thing Texans don't do is get scared, stick our heads in the sand or keep quite about it, instead, we take action.

Also, I'm waiting on the Sheriff of Webb County's official statement, the person who has jurisdiction over the situation. If you doubt me, you need to do your research before you run your head.

Additionally, none of the people string this stink up have set foot in Laredo, therefore, they have not conducted a legitimate investigation. All I've heard about so far is third-party and fourth-party hearsay coming from unconfirmed sources. Reminds me of the time Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capone's vault.

Professional journalist should know about Absence of Malice.

Dixie
    Dixie, spoken like a true Texan. Thank you. You can bet that the Texas Rangers would be all over this if it happened and there wouldn't be some wishy washy political cover-up. Looking forward to hearing what the Sheriff of Webb county has to say.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I think we are all trying hard in checking information being posted. And as far as this one particular subject arising all the time is probably just due to the immense size of the web today. And there may be lag time when someone picks up the info and redistributes it again and possibly after it was believed to be a possible fluke. So it gets passed around many times. I know I have done some searching and most articles claim this as bogus. But then there are other stories that say it is true.

Does seem to ring a similiar bell with our politicians and media of today. Which do I believe?

And BigTex I sure hope you guys are being very vigilant down there. Stay safe. I could not imagine living that close to this mess our government has created over the years. It would not surprise me,at all, if the media is getting cut off for some reason down your way about this story. I know it has been a couple months alreay ,but here on the news one night,they had mentioned Texas law makers and police were already getting death threats from the cartel .

For now we need to just do a little more research and get more answers. As mentioned before. The cartel are so strong they could buy land and homes without creating a scene or exposing themselves.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Seems I've arrived a bit late to this debate and I find myself somewhat confused. The subject matter "Zeta's Take Over Texas Ranch(es)" is, and has been from the start, open to discussion at Alipac. The fact Alipac decided to remain neutral on the topic until we are satisfied with verifiable evidence is the right course to take as far as I'm concerned.

If an investigative journalist comes up with some concrete evidence of a media/government blackout of a Zeta invasion of Texas that involved a police response it would be more explosive than the Watergate Cover-up. If I remember correctly Watergate had to be kicked around for quite some time until PROVEN. I suspect the same will hold true here.

As for the deletion of a post without a pm explanation let me say that as one of the newest MODs here I learned not to do that within the first week of becoming a MOD. Just last week I had a poster pm me asking why a post had been removed. It was looked into immediately and found that neither I nor any other MOD had done so. The poster was told to just re-post. This took about 2hrs to resolve and the poster was satisfied. (I suspect the poster might have hit "preview" and then forgot to hit "submit".)

There are times though that there may not be a MOD online and it could take longer to resolve such a problem.

"That's all I got to say about that."-Forrest Gump
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Dixie, spoken like a true Texan. Thank you. You can bet that the Texas Rangers would be all over this if it happened and there wouldn't be some wishy washy political cover-up. Looking forward to hearing what the Sheriff of Webb county has to say.
    LOL Don't mess with Texas.

You are so right about the Rangers, something other states don't have. You know our governor wants to get reelected and this would not go unanswered by the state.

A little bit about human nature: You know the old saying, don't yell rape, yell fire to get a desired response. Well, when people call 911 or to law enforcement for help sometimes they report what they think, not necessarily what's really happening. For instance, a squirrel in the attic could be an intruder. A gun shot could be a car backfiring. The list goes on and on. That being said, 911 tapes don't always prove an event happened. Murderers often call to report their crime. 911 tapes don't always make the case.

On Dec. 29, 2009 Shawna Forde called 911 and reported that she was violently attacked by the MS-13.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My hat is off to ALIPAC for wanting to verify this story before running
    with it.

The thing is. if this turns out to be for real it's a very serious situation.
    I've been following some of the stories coming out of Mexico on the
    drug war down there and those cartels are playing for keeps. Some
    of the things going on would make your stomach turn. Not much about
    it is being reported on this side of the border. I believe the media is
    keeping quiet because they don't want us to know how close real
    sick and serious violence is to home. If it spills across the border on a
    more than accidental basis then we've got problems.

So yes, I think ALIPAC does have a dog in the hunt on this story. If it's
    being covered up then we have an obligation to find out why.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by defaoite62
    So yes, I think ALIPAC does have a dog in the hunt on this story. If it's being covered up then we have an obligation to find out why.

Def
    I agree def, but our reputation is not on the line over this.

In my opinion it's best to take a wait and see approach. Until something solid manifests, we should not taking any action. This story is being treated like many past stories that have not come together.

Dixie

We should not quit seeking answers and clarification. We should keep posting the facts as we know them and learn them. We should step lightly and carefully when there is confusion or possible doubts. Too many out there want those against illegal immigration to make mistakes, and they will help us to do just that, then point their fingers at us.

We know that many in our government and some in law enforcement are complicit in the bad things that are happening in our nation. Let us hope that they will be rooted out by elections and exposure of wrong doings.

Let us believe that the truth will come out, too. Look forward to hearing back on the request from BetsyRoss to local law enforcement.

Psalm 23, it is written, "The Lord is my Shepherd."
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

What they would have to gain by fabricating this story is taking away some of our credibility.
    I completely understand but I am getting this same information and more that I have been ask kindly not to post (so I won't) from many other sourcews. All of who I believe to be very trust worthy. We live about 300 miles from the border and travel there4 3-4 times a year. My wife and I speak with Mexicans on the other side about what is really goingon. We get a complete opposite story about the real violence that is taking place in Mexico and the border towns. We also see violence here in Houston and also see none of it ever makes the news. It seems it is all being ignored. I am not going to put my family at risk by ignoring what is happeing and regreating it once the cartels decide to wage war on us all. I have both eyes open and both ears wide open.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard

As for the deletion of a post without a pm explanation let me say that as one of the newest MODs here I learned not to do that within the first week of becoming a MOD. Just last week I had a poster pm me asking why a post had been removed. It was looked into immediately and found that neither I nor any other MOD had done so. The poster was told to just re-post. This took about 2hrs to resolve and the poster was satisfied. (I suspect the poster might have hit "preview" and then forgot to hit "submit".)
    I can assure that was not the case with this posting. In fact. I went back to edit the posting and already 20 people had viewed it.

James has contacted me since then (although he did not delete it either) but I kind of found it strange that I posted the same story the day before and it was deleted and the next day it was allowed to stay. Not very consistant. As I told James, if this information IS NOT allowed, then perhaps members should be made aware of the policy. Kowing what I know that goes on on the border and here in the streets of Houston, I find this story very eye opening, We are not going to sit back and let these drug cartels take over our streets and run us off or kill us doing it. Not without a fight. Not in Texas.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

This particular story was a peculiar one-off that hardly ever happens. There was a first instance of the story that spread like wildfire, was discounted, and then OBL forces used people's credibility to slam the anti-illegal immigration movement, for "spreading hatred" and being gullible. Things seemed to settle down, but then one of the originators of the story responded with claims of more evidence. I am wondering if the originators of the story were given false evidence for the purpose of making us all look bad, as they themselves are not OBL supporters, but that is just my supposition. Or if people just misinterpreted ambiguous evidence because we are all jumpy about the border these days.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast