Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brian,
    I feel for you brother. You sound like a man of integrity and good character. I hope you have documented everything you have done and are doing? That will be so important! You are the type of immigrant that has made this country great. But then, we have always had a great relationship with you Aussies. Keep fighting and you'll get back here to your family.

D.W.
    D.W.

i try ...

Integrity huh ... Mate I try... and I try and instill old school ethics into our kids. I still believe in a coode of honour and I still stand by my word. A handshake deal is still as good as a contract with me and I back my friends and family right wrong or indifferent. One of our kids, Devan is his name is 13. He is going to the funeral today for Our mum. He doesnt want to, but he told me hes goin for mum... Sorry American (mom). lol. Hes taking the role of the little man and I am so damn proud of him for it. This shows me that no matter wether people agree with me or not in certain areas. I am bringing values to my family that will be carried through their lives and instilled yet in others. This scenario is wrong. The simple fact is once again, my inept knowlege of US Law. At the end of the day, all i want to do is be with my family. Its still good to hear that you guys even as harsh as some views are, can still look at things objectively. I think between the US witch I now call home and Australia witch i still love the comradery will never be lost, We have fought and died next to each other in the trenches and atop mountains, to give us our freedom. I wont see thnat pissed away over money or politics. hence I wanted to make this right and finish it legally. Then there is no recourse and I can say that i talk from experience and either help others or prevent the illegals, because we did it the right way. Ans yes... I am typing slower so the Americans can keep up lol ... hey i was joking dammit ... put the gun down ...lol

Re: i try ...

Quote Originally Posted by robins_aussie
    The simple fact is once again, my inept knowlege of US Law.
    I've read up on your situation Aussie and I feel for you, however, we've all heard many times that ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. Personally, if I were planning on switching citizenship to another country I would have researched thoroughly to make sure my knowledge was not inept.

I'm very compassionate, but I agree with the cost of citizenship stated by Dixie. If you don't wish to pay the cost of application fees, then move your family to Australia and live there happily. Everyone has sacrificed in life as you have, regardless of where they live. But the US is not the only country that has monetary fees in application for citizenship. It comes back to my first point that if you had researched prior to marriage, you would have seen the monetary cost in advance, and possibly have avoided some legal fees if you've had to pay for any legal counsel.

I do respect you for leaving to go through legal channels and correct your mistake. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers that all will work out soon.

K
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Robin,

Have you considered moving to Australia until the immigration process is complete? Who knows, you may even decide that you like it better there. How hard is it to become a citizen, or at least a legal resident of Australia? I would think that with their low population and wide open spaces, they would be looking for immigrants?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

hell no lol

G'day Tek...
    Mate I wouldnt ask her too. We have kids in the states that we share time with from her ex ... and No.. I am an Aussie and as much as I love my hometown. I want her to be close to the kids. We have to have a bigger involvement with their growing up. If need be we'll be moving to canada and living there in Thunder Bay. or Worthington. Yeah Australia is big but remember our cities are smaller than your smallest one lol. I'd personally go walkabout and stay in the bush, but I cant have my baby living that lifestyle. So we will ...until the kids are older be trying to live as close to them as we can. yeah she would love it here and earn better money, but in the end. its all about family and the closeness that can be created. When everything turns to shit, and people walk away and turn their backs. Your family is all you have. Our kids are our world and we have to be a part of theirs.

robins_aussie
    I feel for your plight, it is good to know how you have tried to do things the right way. so many do not! I want to say to Brian, thank you, your country has been one of the United States strongest alies in this war on terror and has stood side by side with our soldiers in Iraq. Your country has not cut and ran like so many other countries have such as Spain. I would think on that point, you might get a little more consideration from our country, aside from being married to a US Citizen. I was wondering if you went to the media with your story, being an aussie and that your country is such a good friend to the United States, you might get some media help to move things on a little faster! Anyway, good luck, and be sure and let us know how it goes for you. You might try calling Dateline, they like human interest stories and might help you.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Your country has not cut and ran like so many other countries have such as Spain. I would think on that point, you might get a little more consideration from our country, aside from being married to a US Citizen. I was wondering if you went to the media with your story, being an aussie and that your country is such a good friend to the United States, you might get some media help to move things on a little faster!
    Nitty, I also appreciate Australia's support and alliance with the US, but I think that would be opening another can of worms. How can we pick and choose who should be allowed from what country at certain times? If we assign "special privileges" to allied nations, then we could easily be called biased or racist. I'm sure that everyone in Spain didn't want to cut and run....so should every Spanish citizen be punished for the action of their government?
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Have you tried the ACLU? Seems this would be right up their alley.....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

We already are called racists and being punished for the actions of our government.

And we (the government) already are saying who gets to come here and who doesn't. The illegals get to come for free, everybody else is denied, stuck waiting for years, or paying fees they shouldn't have to be paying in lawyer's fees.

I'd gladly take a law-abiding, English speaking person over a law-breaking, non-English speaking person.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Yeah I have tried the ACLU. Im sure you would love to know there response. I did. Im sorry we cant help you in your efforts. You can however contact your locala state office, and see if they can be of assistance. If you would like you can help us in the future by making a donation to our cause.
    So in essence, they wanted Robind monery but couldnt even pass on a simple email. Robin was furious.
    Also from the family rights asociation. After reading the spiel on their sight and then being told nope ..sorry .. we gave up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast