Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Borders/Free-Market Idiot complains about Lou Dobbs

Another open borders/free market idiot:

Wednesday, August 15, 2007
    [size=200][b]Lou Dobbs Calls Free-Market Economist “Complete Idiotâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think I may actually be dumber now for having watched Dobbs’ response.

Regardless, there should be no denying at this point that the key to solving illegal immigration is making legal immigration easier (along with securing the border and actually forcing current laws against illegal immigration). The only restrictions on legal immigration, I believe, should be basic screenings for national security and health concerns. If a potential immigrant is not a terrorist or criminal and does not carry a dangerous communicable disease I say let them all in with no restriction on numbers. As long as they come here, become Americans and take up the tax and regulatory burdens the rest of us citizens carry I see no problems with it.

Yes, sounds like he is dumber.

Lou just called them what they are - having the backbone to speak up is an unusual thing these days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a degree in Economics.. and yes open borders(and free trade), on paper, is the best for all involved. But, real implementation is another thing. Milton friedman is dead on. IF all immigrants came here and were a net gain for the country, unlimited immigration is good for society. But, when many are a net drain for the country it is a huge burden for the productive members.

I am for implementing the Fair Tax system, and trimming the government down to only essential tasks like defense, infrastructure, education.. wait not even education.. they botch that up also.

Just give me back my money and let me fend for myself..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    I have a degree in Economics.. and yes open borders(and free trade), on paper, is the best for all involved. But, real implementation is another thing. Milton friedman is dead on. IF all immigrants came here and were a net gain for the country, unlimited immigration is good for society. But, when many are a net drain for the country it is a huge burden for the productive members.

I am for implementing the Fair Tax system, and trimming the government down to only essential tasks like defense, infrastructure, education.. wait not even education.. they botch that up also.

Just give me back my money and let me fend for myself..
    Sure free trade is good on paper but who really wins? Big business and never the citizens.

Education should and is paid for by your property taxes!
    And as for foreign trade we should be getting paid to have foreign products in American stores! We pay for great advertisement so why not pay for your products to be in the best market of all? Sure there are some exceptions on who can put products in our market like our countries allies and good relations countries will have first dibs on a market share. Counties with mixed relations would be next and so on and so on....
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

The Federal Governemnt DOES pay for Education.. sure Property Taxes pay some, but the Feds kick in as well... Either way I think you agree Education is a mess in the USA..

Remember I said ideal scenario Free Trade is good.. But to be honest.. I have a hard time finding anything were it is purely free trade.. NAFTA.. CAFTA.. and all the FTA's are not really Free Trade Agreements.. Thay all seem to be a way for the USA to prop up third world nations at our expense..

Free Trade is where country A produces goods cheaper and sells to country B...
    NOT where country B's business relocates to A then Sells its good back to B.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    The Federal Governemnt DOES pay for Education.. sure Property Taxes pay some, but the Feds kick in as well... Either way I think you agree Education is a mess in the USA..
    I do agree 100%!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul