Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An Open Letter to John McCain

By John W. Lillpop

February 3, 2007

Senator John McCain
    Washington, D.C.

Dear Senator McCain,

Enclosed herewith I am returning, uncompleted, your "Presidential Agenda Survey," John McCain 2008.

In addition, I am not enclosing a donation to your campaign.

In all honesty, I was very disappointed to see that the issue of illegal immigration is very last on your list, while border security is next to last.

Clearly, you do not fully appreciate the importance of these issues, particularly to conservatives.

Perhaps I am being naive. After all, you conspired with Ted Kennedy in crafting the amnesty bill passed by the Senate last May 25.

That bill, in my opinion, is an outrageous sell out of American sovereignty, language, and culture to third-world criminals who have invaded America and have no basis for being here.

Senator, with all due respect, how can America claim to be serious in the war on terror when our borders are not secured?

How can anyone who has taken an oath to defend and protect America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, refuse to demand enforcement of U.S. immigration laws?

To be perfectly blunt, Senator, I would vote for you without the slightest hesitation--were it not for your outrageous (again, my view) position on illegal immigration. Many conservatives and Republicans agree with me on this.

Your positions on most issues are fine. But not so with immigration.

Senator McCain, you are a genuine war hero! No one contests that.

I thank you for your incredible service to America while in the armed forces. No one in American politics even approaches your sterling record of dedicated military service to the United States.

The American democracy that you fought, and gave so much for, exists only because we live under the rule of law. That principle will be thrown out the window if our borders and laws are not enforced!

America does NOT need immigration reform. However, we desperately need a president and Congress that will work on behalf of the American people, rather than working for invading criminals.

In closing, I cannot in good conscious wish you good fortune in your presidential bid. A McCain administration, reflecting your current positions on illegal immigration, would be nearly as problematic for America as a Hillary Clinton administration.

Except for the fact that Hillary is a heck of a lot easier on these aging eyes.

I do you wish you good health and success in the career of your choice, provided it does not involve America's borders or immigration laws.

Should you unexpectedly alter you views, I would be delighted to re-consider your candidacy.

Sincerely,

John W. Lillpop
    San Jose, California

John Lillpop is a recovering liberal, "clean and sober" since 1992 when last he voted for a Democrat. Pray for John: He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where people like Nancy Pelosi are considered reasonable!

you shuold have said the money i was going to give you is going to the family of Ramos and Compean since the federal government and the US attorney in west texas literally screwed up their life forever

Oh that is a good one, James. We should all write that on fund raisers from both parties and all candidates.

They don't care about middle and lower middle class America? Then let them do without us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)