Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Open letter to the US Senate

An open letter to the Senate of the United States of America

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I write to you today on a matter of utmost urgency, realizing aforethought that copious input has previously been imparted to you from myriad sources. I dare not deign to proclaim myself an expert on matters as weighty and complicated as those you wrestle with daily, I beg simply a moment to impart my humble opinion to your learned selves.

I am a simple man of simple means, struggling mightily to provide a better future for my single progeny. My allegiance lies solely to America, this great experiment bestowed upon us by men who exceeded their individual capacity, and in unity of vision brought forth the greatest documents, the greatest government ever conceived or transcribed in the history of mankind. The lives, struggles and accomplishments of these men bear testament to their faith, courage, foresight and character. I am humbled to be their son.

Countrymen, our nation faces perilous times. Times that may try a man’s soul. Times that have become so tumultuous, tempestuous and disastrous, I fear I have not the powers of reason capable of discerning what may be right or wrong regarding the direction our country takes. To count on my capacity for discernment would be to cast our nations fate to the fickle winds of chance and happenstance. Admittedly, I am somewhat the fool. Only by the Grace of God and His Mercy am I able to address you today.

As a Citizen of these United States, I feel the need to advise you of my opinion, and that of a vast majority of my fellow citizens, each of whom demonstrates an ability far surpassing my own in the areas of reasoned thought and contemplation. After much argument and honest soul-searching, I am reminded simply of an old saying passed down over the years, transparent, unequivocal and simple enough to hide in plain sight. It says, “When all else fails, read the directions.”

Ladies and Gentlemen, I beseech you. Bring our nation back to its roots. Save us from the sins of our own creation. If you are, like me, asea in this maelstrom, pray look at the map! Our Constitution has the answers you so desperately seek. The will of those valiant men and women, forsaking their all in the name of this nation, cries out for your attention. Heed that cry! If there be but a spark of our Founders faith in you, nurture it lovingly, fan it fervently ‘til you bring forth the fire of our national identity. A nation proud, yet humble. Giving, yet thankful. Safe, yet peaceful.

In closing, let me say that there are many individual issues that we may not agree upon. I am sure that a cursory check of your phone records will confirm what I say. Yet I do not write to you today for the purpose of ‘beating my drum’. I ask no special consideration or favor, from you or the public at large. I ask only that you search your own soul, consult your own God, remembering always the great sacrifice of the brilliant men that brought forth this nation, and vote your true conscience on every issue you face. That would make you an American. Anything less makes you a politician.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Hermann

Excellent Letter, Pinestraw.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I LIKE IT!

Banned
    Thank you! I've sent it to my two Senators, Isakson and Chambliss, and I'll be calling their offices today to make sure they read it. I'll be faxing it to the other 98 this week so they'll all have a copy of it by next Monday. It may not do a bit of good, but then again it certainly can't hurt. I'm sending it to my Congressman, Charlie Norwood as well. Maybe he'll read it to the House next week.

I hope they listen.

Great, Pinestrawguys!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)