Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    I have been called obsessed on several occasions by my immediate family. The majority of my close personal friends feel as I do on the issue. Moreover, none of my friends have revealed themselves as amnesty or open border supporters.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I am curious if those of you who have strong feelings regarding illegal immigration have had riffs in your families because of your beliefs?"

YES, DEFINITELY!!!!

I personally cannot stand to be around them anymore as they also......

"just listen to me rant and rave but are totally not interested and just go along with their self centered existences."

The one person in my family who totally understands what I am saying is my dad------which TOTALLY shocks me--------but this is only because I gave him Tom Tancredo's book "In Mortal Danger" to read.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

You are not alone. We need to be tolerant of ignorance--I had no idea of the depth and far reaching consequences of illegal immigration until joining ALIPAC. To be called a racist is so unfair--race is not a component of the REAL illegal alien issue. If race or civil rights were a TRUE issue, the Latino faction would have Asian, Black, Jewish, etc. support.

My best friend no longer speaks to me and some family members are threatening to give me a mexican flag for Christmas--if they do, I plan on going to the Federal Building New Year's Day and burning it. I live in a so-called "sanctuary city".

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have heard news commentary stating that not since the Civil War has an issue divided so many families as immigration is doing today.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I am a frequent poster on a sports message board for a Univeristy. We have a lot of heated debates about the illegal immigration issue. I have a feeling that it will become more and more divisive as we move forward. It never should have come to this if they just would enforce the laws, pull the magnets, and punish employers.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

ArticleIV: FWIW, yes, I too, have had intense discussions with other family members. In short, most see things as I do, but there are a couple in the extended family, that fall victim to the OBL/PC mentality. Needless to say, they are not very popular with most everyone else.

What you describe is probably fairly typical based on what I've seen and heard in the least 1-2 years on the issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And the sad part is, they will all end up losing what they hold dear if they don't wake up and smell the coffee.

Most everyone in my family and most of my friends share my views on this issue, but some say they are just too busy to get involved. I just tell them that I would rather be doing something else, too, but this is my country and I'll be damned if I'll let anyone take it away from me. It makes them think a little, anyway. Even my sister who refuses to discuss the issue says she called both her Senators and objected to the amnesty bill.

Here's the feeling I get about this issue more than anything else. There are some people I know who, although they are against the illegal aliens in this country, they are just uncomfortable talking about it. If they're in a public place, they lower their voices as if they're afraid someone going to hear them. I don't lower my voice, and it's kind of fun watching them squirm.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

We are pretty open about it at work and send out alert emails for faxes and letters.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

I guess I am lucky, everyone in my family is soldily against it like I am, my mom is just as active fightning against illegal immigration as I am.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast