Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Opponents of Senate immigration bill plan rally

Opponents of Senate immigration bill plan rally
    Posted: 11:15 PM Feb 7, 2011
    Reporter: Gabriel Roxas

The immigration debate has stirred emotions across the country, and a controversial bill that passed Kentucky's Senate last month has opponents of the measure rallying grass roots volunteers across the state to make their voices heard.

"I don't want this bill passed because Kentucky has a whole lot of things to lose," said Oscar Gomez who plans to attend Tuesday's rally, "I love Kentucky, and that's why I got this flag," he added, holding up an American flag. "This flag belongs to me. This flag belongs to everyone in the United States. We are Americans, and I love this country. That's why I'm here."

The bill's sponsor, Senator John Schickel insists the status quo is unacceptable. "If we do nothing, we risk becoming a sanctuary state for illegal aliens," Schickel said in Frankfort.

But Freddy Peralta with the Kentucky Coalition For Immigrant and Refugee Rights says the Senate bill is the wrong solution. "It will give the police a lot of power to intimidate people and to discourage people coming to this state to do business. Students, graduate students, foreigners, foreign investors," Peralta said.

Peralta is one of the organizers of Tuesday's planned rally in Frankfort. He worries the Senate bill could create an unwelcoming atmosphere that could have serious economic consequences. "Kentucky, I guess that's what some people wanted, will be pointed out as one of the states that people from other places shouldn't come to visit, and that is very negative for our future," Peralta said.

"It's not just about me. It's about Kentucky," Gomez said, "I care about Kentucky. Even if I'm Latino, I care about Kentucky."

Organizers of the rally say weather conditions won't discourage hundreds of supporters from attending. They plan to begin gathering outside the capitol rotunda around 11 o'clock Tuesday morning.

This rally takes place tomorrow, It snowed today 2" Hopefully driving conditions will suck and it will be a wash. Can anyone else get the video to come up?

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/Oppo ... 35269.html

These are the 2 biggest opponents to SB6, which is stricter that Arizona's SB1070.

Steven Riggs:
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/H031.htm

Greg Stumbo:
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/H095.htm

This is a toll free number to tell all state Reps. to support SB6 Please anyone in Kentucky call this number and e-mail these 2 Reps.

1 800 372 7181

And anyone can e-mail or call.

Tomorrow the judiciary committee meets to debate this bill which passed the senate and it is open to the public, I hope I will get in and get to speak.Because I found this site. I will stick to 2 issues JOBS and the cost of illegal immigration to the state of Kentucky which is $326million a year and $51million in education alone! They still won't upload the video it was real messed up, they're probably cutting the crap out of it!

John Schickel is the sponsor of SB6 please any help he can get here would be good, I've been e-mailing him page after page from here, facts and web sites anything you think is important feel free to send it to him.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/S011.htm

Ah! maybe just a peek!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I tried to post a comment at the site, now it's waiting on approval...LOL! Bet it never sees the light of day there.

Senator John Schickel has it right though!

illegals go home

"It will give the police a lot of power to intimidate people and to discourage people coming to this state to do business. Students, graduate students, foreigners, foreign investors,"

If people are here legally, they must not fear. If you are here illegally, then you are afraid. Let's deport all illegal aliens.

Always with the rallys. They don't even understand that our legislators were elected by US, the citizens, to represent US. At least some of our representatives are finally getting the message.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Well let's see, what we can see!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Opponents of SB6 rally at state capital today in Kentucky!

People against a Kentucky Senate bill, that would allow police to treat undocumented workers as criminals, rallied at the state capitol in Frankfort Tuesday.

The bill is drawing a lot of attention across the state.

Many people at the rally said they want to speak out against Senate Bill 6, saying it will adversely affect them and their families.

The bill has already passed the Senate.

If made law, the bill would allow police to arrest people on trespassing charges if they are found to be in the U.S. illegally.

Some at the rally admitted they are in this country illegally. Others said they were representing illegal family members, wives, or husbands.

"I'm having to worry about my husband, and you know, when we got together, I didn't ask him for his papers," Jessica Cordova, the wife of an illegal immigrant, said.

"The police officer is not going to know what documents to ask for," immigration attorney Ron Russell said. "It's simply impossible. They are going to be racially profiling people, arresting people who are here lawfully."

Last week, a House committee considered the bill, but no vote was taken. However, a vote could take place this week.

The House is also considering its own immigration bill, one that would require businesses to verify the immigration status of all employees if they are doing business with the state.

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/115573124.html

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Some at the rally admitted they are in this country illegally. Others said they were representing illegal family members, wives, or husbands.

"I'm having to worry about my husband, and you know, when we got together, I didn't ask him for his papers," Jessica Cordova, the wife of an illegal immigrant, said.

"The police officer is not going to know what documents to ask for," immigration attorney Ron Russell said. "It's simply impossible. They are going to be racially profiling people, arresting people who are here lawfully."
    They are right, the police don't know what documents to check, but of course most police didn't know how to use a gun or subdue a criminal. Thats why we TRAIN them in how to do it, simple enough.

Maybe this woman shoulda checked her husbands papers. I highly doubt during the dating and courting period nothing ever came up about his being an illegal, not being a citizen, not having a visa. Did she even know her boyfriend before getting married?

Plus isn't that the same excuse often used for adults having sex with minors? "Ohh, I didn't know she was 15, am I supposed to ask for ID?". Not being personally informed is NOT an excuse.

We also need laws passed against foreigners being able to participate in protests in the US or lobby. Many countries have such laws but in the west we're supposed to accept foreign interests protesting in our country and lobbying our elected officials. Such should be a crime with 5 years prison time.

I just returned from this Rally, there were 200 to 250 people there, I arrived a little late because I've never been to the Capital before, they were rallying outside on the other side of the building and I was inside looking for the room they were meeting in, the public meeting is tomorrow at noon and me and a few more Kentucky Boys will have front seats to the show, the officer at the front desk said the committee met again this morning about SB6.
    The speaker at the rally was speaking spanish so I couldn't tell you what was being said, "so much for assimilation!" Then the crowd would yell and chant something in spanish followed by USA,USA,USA! That seems to be the theme this year, "We love your country! I mean our country!" They haven't loaded the video yet, guess which one is me? There was only one news crew there, the same crew that will be at the judiciary committee meeting tomorrow! The head of Head Start will be there speaking, someone here told me there federally funded or get a lot of money from the Feds, sure would love that link or source!

Banned
    This article is just another example of how the latino community continues to believe that those illegals that are here are not breaking the law. They continue to feel that once they step over the border, they suddenly become American citizens. Their press also encourages that belief as well. They Think that by sneaking across the river, climbing the wall or hiding on a boat to get here gives them the right to free everything. That includes schooling, food, shelter and medical. Yes the American flag belongs to Americans. Legal Americans. This country does NOT belong to illegals. The only right illegals and their so called anchor brats have is to be arrested, brought before a judge and then deported by the cheapest method possable.

Oh! yeah! I arrived a half hour late, and people were already leaving, it was 23 degrees and you're hands would start to freeze up after about 10mins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast