Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oregon Voter's Pamphlet - Voting Requirements (just rec'd)

Oregon voter Bill of Rights (rec'd via postal mail - printed copy)

(from Pg 5 of the Oregon Voter's Pamphlet)
    Oregon Voter Bill of Rights

You have the right to vote if you are a US citizen, live in Oregon, are 18 years old, and have registered.

You have the right to vote if you are homeless

You have the right to vote if you have been convicted of a felony but have been released from custody, even if you are on probation or parole.

You have the right to vote even if you have a guardian and even if you need help reading or filling out your ballot.

:
    :
    (etc - 18 in total)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There it is in black-and-white.

With that stated above, how can anyone help to 'register immigrants' to vote?

Let's dive in to the semantics here just a bit...

If you're naturalized citizen (an immigrant that has completed the process), well, it's a moot point. You can vote as any native-born citizen does.

If you're an illegal alien... not only can you not vote, it's against the law to even register.

Just a reminder for those in the area that want to register illegal aliens to vote in Oregon: You're breaking the law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Report Violations to the Elections Division:

John Lindback Director
    255 Capitol St NE, Suite 501
    Salem OR 97310
    503-986-1518

MW
    You have the right to vote if you have been convicted of a felony but have been released from custody, even if you are on probation or parole.
    IMO, convicted felons on probation or parole should not be allowed to vote. Pay society for your crime, then vote.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW - I tend to agree. I can live with that however.

My bigger concern is keeping people that aren't legally able to vote from doing so. I would emphasize the organized efforts by some local groups in this effort (can you say 'RICO crime'? I can.)

Well, do they have to PROVE citizenship???
    Washington State doesn't, so how many illegals do you think are voting in Washington State??? Sure, it says you have to be a citizen, but no proof of citizenship is required. Something like an honor system lmao!!! Write to Washington State Governors office about this outrage.
    Think about it. At least I believe Oregon changed their driver license laws.....So maybe to get a driver license in Oregon they have to prove citizenship?? Check it out before you are sure Oregon on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    There it is in black-and-white.

With that stated above, how can anyone help to 'register immigrants' to vote?

Let's dive in to the semantics here just a bit...

If you're naturalized citizen (an immigrant that has completed the process), well, it's a moot point. You can vote as any native-born citizen does.

If you're an illegal alien... not only can you not vote, it's against the law to even register.

Just a reminder for those in the area that want to register illegal aliens to vote in Oregon: You're breaking the law.
    They will find that out if they ever try to get a green card.
    "

Welcome aboard mbrown.

Yes, absolutely correct. You made my point coming at it from a different perspective.

Phred,
    How rampant is vote fraud in Oregon? Is there any anecdotal evidence or research on this?

Populist - Overall, it hasn't been a huge problem... well, that only applies in the case where they've investigated specific known problems.

At the same time, because of the lax DL requirements in the past the possibility for IAs to squeak by with only a sworn 'I hereby swear I am a US citizen' sort of thing, it surely has happened in the past.

Remember also, the we are the only state in the country so far that has primarily mail-in balloting/voting. This actually, is probably better than the 'old method' (IMHO) in that more rigorous database cross-checking is done to ensure the ballots are mailed out properly (to the right people, at the right address), the SSNs and/or DLs are cross referenced to ensure proper eligibility, identity, etc. I'll do my best to monitor this here on the homefront to see what develops and how the local OBL groups coach this (that will tell a lot for sure...)

Sorry it took me so long to answer. Haven't been around much late this afternoon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast