Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

The unfortunate thing with mail in only ballots now is that you cannot stand inside the polling place and watch the people come and go. I would love it if they had it again and go down to Rockwood (PhredE, you know where I'm talking about, right?), which is a haven, a balkanized neighborhood for a good portion of illegal aliens (a lot of Russian immigrants too, and some of those might be here now illegally, who knows).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Oh Good, AE - I knew you would chime in on this too

Yep, good points. The faces are detached from the process. While I understand reservations about that, overall, if the Elections Division enforces the pretty tough standards they were supposed to in implementing the mail-in voting, then they should have a pretty good idea of who is supposed to get ballots and then double-checking them on the tabulation side when they are mailed back.

So far, I have heard of only a couple cases where known fraud or significant problems have been 'documented' (prosecuted) - thats' from memory, and it's been a while ago too; so don't take as gospel just yet (and it's late friday night to boot) (I might not be making much sense... <- that is what I'm trying to say)

The cases I know of were ones where people mailed back in completed ballots and the signatures didn't match the ones on record at the ED (don't know if they were the correct names but forged, or whether the names didn't even match - can't remember that part). I think one involved a situation where a person voted for another family member and falsely wrote in a signature that wasn't his/hers - so that was flagged by the ED in processing the ballot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for the welcome PhredE
    I heard about the driver license problem on the Lou Dobbs show several months ago. Washington and Oregon were like 2 of 7 states that gave driver licenses to illegal aliens. So I researched Washington State and found about the Motor voter law. If you apply for a driver license, you also can apply to register to vote. Washington does not ask for PROOF of citizenship. The voter part asks if you are a citizen and you just fill in the circle. But, Washington DOES NOT verify citizenship when registering people.
    I believe I heard or read that Oregon changed requirements about driver licenses. What they changed I am not sure..PhredE maybe knows.
    I do know that one of my reps in Washington cosponsored a bill about requiring proof of citizenship for driver licenses, but I believe it got stuck in the Transportation area.
    I read an article in the Seattle-Times about an illegal alien by the name of Ana Reyes, who was deported. However, that article also said she had an active voter registration for King County.
    How many illegals are voting?? Oregon apparently has some cross data collecting process according to PhredE..I hope he is right. I seriously doubt that Washington State has anything like that. It sucks. And it ruins the election credibility here and anywhere someone with a Washington State driver license may move since Washington does not verify citizenship. (Oregons previous or maybe still current lack of citizenship proof may do the same thing).

mbrown -

A few things to add to the above...

For one, yes, OR did opt to increase the standards for background documentation in issuing DLs. Now, legal residency is a requirement (checked by various means) and we don't just issue a DL to anyone that shows up at a DMV and can [supposedly] pass the test(s).
    The above stricter requirements were put into place by Executive Order by our Governor (a Dem!), and didn't require a lengthy process of legal/legislative wranging.

The above addresses the current and futuresituation, but doesn't do anything to change what's happened in the past. It does nothing to deal with past issuance of DLs to IAs (or other people here that can't provide evidence of legal residency in the state)... so...

The problem is, is that there are many people here (eg. IAs, for example) that have DLs that only have to meet the incredibly high standard of simply declaring - under oath of penalty - that "I am a US citizen". The elections department (here, and most are similar in this...) haven't had any strong procedures in place to verify the validity (eg. citizenship) of every ballot tallied. Because we are a mail-in vote system now, the elections depts. have to do more background work in terms of database compilation/checking, etc. BEFORE mailing the ballots out, and then also on the receiving end when tallying the ballots (they actually check each signature on every received ballot as well - among other things..).

Add/Update: So, the bottom line is that there are *some* stronger procedures in place to help alleviate this kind of elections fraud, but for those that are willing to simply lie on the voter registration form and have a DL - you can vote - there's nothing to stop you.

HTH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK PhredE..I thought Oregon had done something stupedous for the Pacific Northwest. Darn. I hope that the other ALIPAC members realize the ramifications of states like Oregon and Washington.
    Most states will accept a drivers license from another state for a person to become licensed to drive. Most also accept that license for voter registration. So, when you have states like Washington and Oregon that have NEVER VERIFIED Citizenship, how many voters are in your states voting that are not citizens???
    A person previously asked you, PhredE, how much voter fraud there was....I don't think either you or I could possibily answer that. The chances are rather high nationwide. I have no statistics to go on, nor most likely does PhredE....but using commen sense, the possibilities are real high. Posibilities..
    Everyone should check out their own State's requirements for getting a driver's license as well as the requirements for geting a voter's registration card. What you find might surprise you.

AE

mbrown, there is a lot of truth in what you are saying. I am glad Oregon did step up to the plate to do more, but I think that it is still far less than they should be doing all around.

My husband has listened to a co-worker, legally here, complain about his friends and family affected by the changes that have come the illegals way, so that tells us that many of the illegals are not as wise as we might fear in taking advantage of the loop holes. If there are some who have, they may have been here a very long time in order to understand how things work, but I think maybe the newer illegals have less guts and understanding.

Still more needs to be done here, a long way to go before we and many other states have truly done all they can to curb illegal immigration and the problems coming from it.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Awhile back there was a video posted on YouTube and linked to from here, of a "station" set up at a Public School to assist Illegals get their Matricular cards. Just curious...Do you think at these "stations" (mobile consulars) they register these people to vote?
    I just have this image in my mind of Democrat and Republican voter registration lines at these places. What ya think?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12