Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our National Anthem......latino style

[/quote]Latino stars to record U.S. anthem in Spanish

April 24, 2006

NEW YORK -- Mexican pop diva Gloria Trevi, Puerto Rican reggaeton Ivy Queen and Tito El Bambino and other Latino artists are recording a Spanish-language version of the U.S. national anthem in a show of support for migrants in the United States.

The Latino-oriented record label Urban Box Office said over the weekend it plans to release the new version of ''The Star-Spangled Banner'' to coincide with the U.S. Senate's debate on immigration legislation in the next few days.

Congressional debate over immigration bills proposing everything from toughened border security to the legalization of illegal immigrants in America have triggered huge demonstrations across the United States.

'Rhythmic Latin arrangement'

''We chose to re-record 'The Star-Spangled Banner' to show our solidarity with the undocumented immigrants and their quest for basic civil rights,'' UBO President Adam Kidron said in a news release.

The recording, dubbed ''Nuestro Himno'' or ''Our Anthem,'' is set to ''rhythmic Latin musical arrangement'' but respects the song's traditional structure, UBO said. The song will be primarily in Spanish with a few words sung in English.

The song is on the album ''Somos Americanos,'' which will be sold for $10, with a portion going to Washington-based National Capital Immigration Coalition, UBO said.

Others participating in the Spanish version of ''The Star-Spangled Banner'' include Voz a Voz, Frank Reyes and Kalimba. UBO said it had also approached other artists, including Daddy Yankee and Don Omar, about taking part in the project.

AP

Ads by Google
    Immigrant

Is there anything that is sacred?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard about this on saveourstate.org the other day. I am not pleased about this. If anything, learning a song in English is easier than learning to speak English for non-native speakers. If they want to be respectful and learn the national anthem, get Whitney Houston's version and listen to it a few times, download the lyrics, etc. I think it is disrespectful to our English-speaking heritage (yep I said it) to convert our anthem into another language--especially since it's being done for purely political and not patriotic purposes (although I question whether it could ever be patriotic to convert our national anthem into any language besides English). I'm getting sick of everyone demanding respect for their individual cultures, languages, heritages, flags, music preferences, etc. and telling Americans that we are not entitled to our English-speaking, law-abiding, inclusive culture. When do we get our turn to make demands? Do we have to wait until law-abiding Americans are a minority? Maybe then we will be permitted to unabashedly wave our flags and speak our minds and sing our national anthem (in English) and demand the ear of our politicians and put American Pride bumper stickers on our cars without fear of vandalism etc. etc. etc. I doubt it.

Sorry for the rant, guys. I know we all get frustrated some time or another. Guess today's my day.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I think I am going to puke

Quote Originally Posted by concernedmother
    I heard about this on saveourstate.org the other day. I am not pleased about this. If anything, learning a song in English is easier than learning to speak English for non-native speakers. If they want to be respectful and learn the national anthem, get Whitney Houston's version and listen to it a few times, download the lyrics, etc. I think it is disrespectful to our English-speaking heritage (yep I said it) to convert our anthem into another language--especially since it's being done for purely political and not patriotic purposes (although I question whether it could ever be patriotic to convert our national anthem into any language besides English). I'm getting sick of everyone demanding respect for their individual cultures, languages, heritages, flags, music preferences, etc. and telling Americans that we are not entitled to our English-speaking, law-abiding, inclusive culture. When do we get our turn to make demands? Do we have to wait until law-abiding Americans are a minority? Maybe then we will be permitted to unabashedly wave our flags and speak our minds and sing our national anthem (in English) and demand the ear of our politicians and put American Pride bumper stickers on our cars without fear of vandalism etc. etc. etc. I doubt it.

Sorry for the rant, guys. I know we all get frustrated some time or another. Guess today's my day.
    VWS!
    First they are marching through the streets making demands, immitating The Civil Rights Movements, and mocking Dr ML King's ,"I Had A Dream", and now they are re-doing our National Anthem in Spanish, what's next for goodness sake

If they claim to want to be Americans why are they singing our American Anthem in Spanish??? Are there no boundrys to what they will do, or how far they will go???

To me they are just making a mockery of everything that is American.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I about had a coronary when I read this. What a disgrace. What's next ?Will the illegals decide they don't like our anthem and we should rewrite it to suit them?

Another thing I've noticed in the last two weeks are the bilingual tv commercials. They start out in English then transition into spanish. It's not enough that the cable company has dozens of spanish speaking stations now but they have to push their way into mainstream television as well.

Mexican pop diva Gloria Trevi is a convicted child molester. Go figure..all of these good honest hard working people...they are such saints. Mother Mary is so so proud of them!

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.p...&id=1495&cha=7
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Cover Story: Mexican Pop Icon Gloria Trevi Reveals Truth Behind Sex Scandal in the November Issue of People en Español

On Sale Monday, October 6

Reporter Goes Behind Bars for Exclusive Interview

New York, NY—(HISPANIC PR WIRE)—September 29, 2003--In an exclusive interview for the first time ever from her jail cell in Chihuahua, Mexico, rock star Gloria Trevi speaks to Senior Editor Armando Correa about her controversial arrest, three-year prison term, three-year old son and the mysterious death of her infant daughter Ana Delai. Also in the November issue, Trevi reveals her hopes to regain fame and fortune when she is released from prison in 2004.

Often referred to as the “Mexican Madonna,” Trevi exploded onto the scene more than a decade ago, shocking fans with her ragged mini-skirts, ripped tights and songs of sexual freedom. Trevi’s lyrics and performances enticed the young and outraged the old.

In 2000, rumors started developing accusing Trevi--and her onetime manager and boyfriend Sergio Andrade--of being the ringleaders of horrendous crimes such as child abuse, rape and kidnapping. Prosecutors later charged the couple with the aforementioned crimes, along with charges of soliciting teenage girls for Andrade’s sexual desires, on the pretext of helping the girls reach stardom. Trevi is currently serving out her sentence at the Cereso Prison in Chihuahua, Mexico.

In a desperate attempt to receive better treatment behind bars, Trevi became determined to have a child. She was rumored to be sexually linked to a prison guard in order to secure conjugal visits with Andrade. To this day, the paternity of her son Angel Gabriel has yet to be determined.

“Gloria’s rise to stardom--and ultimate downfall--is a genuinely fascinating tale,” says Richard Pérez–Feria, Editor of People en Español. “Once again, People en Espanol is first to get the whole exclusive story that our readers crave the most.”

All this and much more in the November issue of People En Español.

People en Español was launched in 1998 and today is the best-selling Hispanic magazine in the United States. Each month, the publication reaches more than four million readers with an exciting editorial mix of Hispanic and mainstream entertainment coverage, fashion and beauty service and compelling human-interest stories. Distinguishing itself from its English-language counterpart, People en Español delivers original editorial content that captures the values, contributions and impact of Hispanics in the United States.

--30--

CONTACTS:
    Lauren Kuschner
    212-522-4130
    or
    Elvis Lizardo
    212-522

Looked up that article and thought it was worthy of placing here.
    Just the kind of people I want re-doing my national anthem.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    You can listen to a preview of it here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B6 ... nce&n=5174

it sounds nothing like the star spangled banner
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    You should buy some cdrs and run off some copies of these cds and give them to illegals for free so they won't buy them. CDs cost around $0.25 each.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast