Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our Soldiers (a little off topic)

Hey Everyone...

After the last couple of days my emotions have been through the roof. It sickens me everytime I hear what our politicians are doing and everytime I read about another crime by an illegal. I can't explain it, but it really tears me apart and am even teased at work about it. They know how to rattly my cage

Anyway, I took off to the store and was thinking about some of the good in this country. I was in the military for 6 years and was involved in multiple conflicts. I am by know means a war hero. But, I feel a very strong kinship with those in the armed services.

I am an avid cyclist and love to get out on the bicycle. Last summer I had the chance to ride with some soldiers across the Midwest. What a great experience it was. It was a lesson in the human spirit and determination. One genteleman who had lost his legs had to pedal with is arms uphill...These guys never ever gave up. The war in Iraq had left them with every opportunity to make an excuse and feel sorry for themselves, but they instead, went to conquer once again and to help their brethren. The human will is huge!!

http://www.soldierride.com/
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Our Soldiers are never off topic

Our men and women are always on my mind.

Every time I see the news on T.V., and hear of deaths, I worry. I ask myself, could it be one of the two (or both) whom I support. I pray for them all every single day and THEY are heros surpassed by non other.

This country would not have come as far as it has without them.

What I also wonder is, with all this illegal alien mess, will they have a country to come home to?

Article

To add to your fine words.....
    I had the opportunity {and it was exactly that} to meet a group of our guys from Walter Reed. Most were amputees. They were exceptional young men with an unbelievable quiet strength. It was quite a humbling experience. And NO......no "help" was expected or needed. As tough as they are is as sweet as they are.

A few months later, my adopted soldier {in WR w/an arm injury "only"} worked with these guys and they pulled off that NY MARATHON f/Walter Reed. Do you remember that? It was one hell of an event and these guys just amazed everyone.

Well, just wanted to let you know that some of us understand what your speaking about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you look at the bottom picture on the first page there is a gentleman with no legs (and no shirt). I had the pleasure of talking with him in a small town in Missouri along with the rest of the crew. We were sitting in someone's yard out in the middle of rural America drinking homemade icey's. It was America..it was friendliness, it was determination, and it was kinship. It was everything that was good in this country all bottled up into one moment. It was also over 100 degrees with high humidity and we were all taking a physical beating. It didn't matter. It was a moment of inspiration for all of us. It was what I love about this country.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Article

To add to your fine words.....
    I had the opportunity {and it was exactly that} to meet a group of our guys from Walter Reed. Most were amputees. They were exceptional young men with an unbelievable quiet strength. It was quite a humbling experience. And NO......no "help" was expected or needed. As tough as they are is as sweet as they are.

A few months later, my adopted soldier {in WR w/an arm injury "only"} worked with these guys and they pulled off that NY MARATHON f/Walter Reed. Do you remember that? It was one hell of an event and these guys just amazed everyone.

Well, just wanted to let you know that some of us understand what your speaking about.
    Nothing like a little perspective It is all attitude. I'll have to research the marathon. I must not have been paying attention.