Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Judy,

The problem I see with the fair tax is that is a consumption-based tax that would fall most heavily on the poorest of the population.

As far as I'm concerned, the 16th Amendment is un-Constitutional, and ANY tax imposed by the Federal Government is an infringement on our rights.

JJ--the sales tax is only on retail sales. Manufacturers do not collect sales taxes..only retailers and what is defined as a retailer selling to the public.

There is a rebate program for ALL AMERICANS, not just the poor. It is based upon how many people live in the household according to a formula. Poor receive it and rich receive it. EVERYONE receives the monthly rebate. The purpose is to offset the tax on necessities to correct and addres the concept of "regressiveness". A single person would receive arout $1,500 a year. A married couple around $2500. A large family as much as $4,000. It is to offset or rebate taxes paid on necessities up to a certain limit.

You made the point that now that your consumption would be taxed, you will control your consumption.

ABSOLUTELY!!! And by doing so increase your SAVINGS and WEALTH!!

Yet another huge benefit of the Fair Tax.

One of the major economic crises in America is our consumer debt coupled with the lowest savings in the history of the USA since the Great Depression.

Our economic spending is on borrowed money. This is not real consumption. This is very bad for our economy because it gives it a false sense of growth and wealth and it is disastrous for the American People who as a nation are bankrupt with more debt than assets.

Over consumption increases prices on necessities..utilities, energy, fuel, food...things that used in excess quantity place us at risk.

The less we spend, the less the government has, so less it spends to make our lives miserable.

BINGO!!

Problem Solved!!

I wouldn't worry about New York. This is the center of our financial markets. If we can't trust them to collect their sales taxes, then we shouldn't trust them to be our financial center to begin with.

There will be a federal software program that the states will have to use to collect the tax. The one thing about computerization is that like math, computer software never lies. If someone cheats, then it's all right there in the computer records.

Texas doesn't have a state income tax on individuals or businesses does it?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.govspot.com/know/incometax.htm

Looks like 7 states have no personal income tax except dividends and interest.

Two big states like Texas and Florida.

If they can operate successfully without it, then it sure seems like the United States of America can do so.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.washingtonpolicy.org/TaxLimi ... 02-08.html

States with no income tax outpaced others in economic development and growth in personal income.

Why not do this for the whole nation and all the American People?

A national sales tax is a wonderful solution to a great many economic problems in the United States of America.

It's long overdue.

Lets do it now.

Pass the FairTax.

Learn more about it at:

http://www.fairtax.org

Lets pass this legislation and dry up the sources of "tax exempt contributions" to the organizations trying to end the United States through illegal immigration.

Lets pass this legislation and get these corporate whore mongers trying to merge the United States in a Global Gulag out of our government by removing their "tax exempt influence" on our elected representatives.

Lets pass this legislation and shut Maldef, Southern Poverty Law Center, ACLU and our favorite, National Council of Treason La Raza...D O W N!!

PinestrawGuys says:

Judy,

The problem I see with the fair tax is that is a consumption-based tax that would fall most heavily on the poorest of the population.

As far as I'm concerned, the 16th Amendment is un-Constitutional, and ANY tax imposed by the Federal Government is an infringement on our rights.
    NO NO NO NO!! The taxes paid by the poorest of the population are fully refunded through the monthly rebates. The poorest of our country will pay no tax at all...in fact depending on their spending, they might actually make a little because we all get the rebate even if we don't spend a dime.

Believe me, poor people will love the Fair Tax. They never have to worry about a tax return; they get all the taxes they could have possibly paid back each month; their paychecks are bigger because there is no withholding taxes removed from their paychecks; they are immediately freed and raised up.

Oooh yeah....poor people will love the Fair Tax.

But Judy, TX doesn't operate successfully without an income tax. I know, I live here. I pay an astronomical amount of money to register my car. I pay excise taxes by the score. I pay bond issues to keep hospitals open to cater to the illegal aliens. I pay exhorbitant school taxes. I'm glad I don't have to pay a state income tax on top of that. I think NH is also an income-tax free state.

As I said, I MOSTLY agree with the Fair Tax Act-- more than any other proposal I've heard. But what will the states do when the federal gov't gives them back their right to rule? they will raise their income tax to have the money to do it with.

I love the idea of not filing forms. I love the idea that the fifty million illegal aliens can't recover one red cent of their contribution because they can't legally file. But I know that a lot of them have fraudulent papers and will find a way to get their hands out. And those people have the biggest families in this area and therefore they are going to wind up coming out smelling like roses and we are still going to be dipped in manure.

As for the retailers paying all they are expected to pay. I don't see it happening. I really don't. As a former retailer who knows lots of other retailers who have come straight in my face and criticized me for not keeping an extra set of books, as a person who reads the papers and knows of the number of people arrested for tax fraud, as a taxpayer who deeply resents the corruption that goes on behind the scenes, this will forever remain the point where I am skeptical.

Nevertheless, I am glad to see that it isn't a dead deal and that the potential still exists for it to be hammered out into something do-able.

PinestrawGuys, you are right, the link in your signature does work. I'll look this over more carefully. I like the constitution party but for one glaring point--their biggest stand seems to be about abortion and I think that is an issue that the government should back off from entirely because there are a lot more important issues on the table than this--especially now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ--those people that are cheating on their sales tax are cheating on their income too. So what is the difference?

We have laws against illegal immigration, yet we are flooded.

We have laws against murder and robbery and rape, yet these crimes occur every day.

The states do not keep the money under the Fair Tax. They just collect it for the feds so we don't have duplication in efforts.

All states presently have a sales tax and a collection system. That is the only reason the feds would use the states to collect the money, to avoid a duplication of agencies and create another bureaucracy. Yes, there will be a small one to make sure the states collect the money and to receive the money.

Small retailers aren't the basis of much revenue anyway. So what if some continue to cheat? Track them down and make them comply. What's the difference whether it's a sales tax payment or an income tax payment they're cheating on?

The difference between an income tax and a hateful excise tax on your car is you pay a hateful federal income tax every month or quarter or year. How often do you buy a car? You pay the hateful federal income tax based upon your work and earnings and productivity...the only way to avoid it is to cheat or be a bum not doing anything to contribute to our society. With the national sales tax, you can decide each day, each week, each month....well, do I want to pay some tax today OR NOT! You control the tax you pay because you control your spending...how much and how often.

That IS citizen control of the United States government.

Remember when someone suggested a tax revolt? Yeah, this is a good idea. But under present law, we'd be violating the law. With the national sales tax, when Americans are upset or don't like what their government is doing...you can have a NO SPEND revolt and now you'll get their attention. We become customers instead of controlled dominions. They want our spending? They want our business? They want our "sales taxes"? Then make us happy and do as you are told.

See?

We the People...back in action!!

As to the concept of the states "back in rule".

That is a different subject. This has to do with how to finance the federal government using either income tax or sales tax. Under income tax, the government controls you. Under sales tax, you control the government.

It's really that basic and that simple.

Yeah, you'd have a bigger underground economy if we had a National sales tax. How would they collect it?, and how would they punish non-payers?

Cuz I can tell you right now, if i could skirt the new sales tax ,I would.

-pa

PA--no the underground economy like the criminal enterprises would still exist. FairTax doesn't have any impact of those organizations like drug dealers, black market, weapons sales, trafficking.

What it does is shift the burden from consumers and citizens to retail businesses who already have the burden of collecting for states and their cities and counties already nationwide. All it does is add another tax for them to collect; send to the states; who then send it to the feds less a 1/2% collection fee. The states should actually make revenue off of the activity.

Let me ask you, would you prefer the states eliminate sales taxes and increase their income taxes?

Once the national sales tax kick in, then I believe states will eliminate their income taxes as well.

You have to read the information about the Fair Tax to understand how well thought out it is. It was developed by a group of private citizens who worked years on developing the plan and system. They have researched it and considered all the components and done a great job.

Unlike most tax proposals, the Fair Tax did not originate with a government agency or a group of politicians. It originated with a group of very smart citizens who are accountants and economists...who happen to love their country and see the many problems the current outrageous federal income tax system creates for most Americans.

Under the present federal income tax system, Teresa Heinz one of the richest women in the United States pays about $3,000 federal taxes a year.

That's equivalent to someone earning about $25,000 a year..yet she earned millions in those tax periods.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast