Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If anyone plans on sending Silly String, send it separate from everything else. Apparently, it will hold everything up-----due to Hazmat??? issues.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Our kids' school had a care package drive last month. All the kids brought in one or two items and the stuff was given to the local American Legion post. The AL then packaged everything up and sent it all to some local brigades that are in Iraq. Just earlier this week, one of the soliders came home on leave for a few days and gave a VERY public thank-you to those students. He went to the school and answered some questions, and was interviewed by the local paper. I highly recommend doing this, too. I also highly recommend getting on Congress to bring our men (and women) home for good.

http://standardspeaker.com/index.php?op ... 9&Itemid=2
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Being aerosol, the silly string concerned me. We were going to check with the PO before we purchased it to see just how, and if, it could be sent.

Has anyone actually sent it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Being aerosol, the silly string concerned me. We were going to check with the PO before we purchased it to see just how, and if, it could be sent.

Has anyone actually sent it?
    A mother of one of our soldiers has started a campaign to collect many cases of silly string to send over there, it does have some shipping problems as I understand but it can be done.
    She may have a website but I'm not sure what to look for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would like to know for sure about this before I send it. Our PO tries to be very helpful, but I have found that different PO around the country sometimes have different rules - or interpret them differently. I wouldn't want to have it derailed somewhere along the line because maybe it took a certain license or something to ship it.

If you find out anything, let me know.

nntrixie:

Go to that site that I posted above. I believe that they have an area for questions.

Maybe some of us can contact the makers of Silly String directly. Maybe if we tell them the importance of it to our soldiers------we can get them to send some cases directly??
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I FOUND THIS for sending the Silly String!!!!!!!!

This is the address for the woman in NJ who started the campaign to collect the Silly String for our troops!!!

it can be mailed in

care of Marcelle Shriver
    at:
    Saint Lukes Church
    55 Warwick Road
    Stratford, NJ 08084

Apparently there is a private pilot that has agreed to fly the silly string into Kuwait as it is considered a hazerdous material to mail. I just read about this in the Stars and Stripes.

http://op-for.com/2006/12/silly_string_ ... diers.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12